General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police matter help?

Search this Thread

Old 15-07-2008, 07:25 PM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Maybe im being paranoid, but I like to have all insurance policy specifics in paper to cover myself so im a bit pissed off that they wont provide this!!! I just think that without it in paper whats to stop them "accidentally" loosing the information on mods and only paying up for standard bits??!!
No i agree with that mate Thats why I just make sure i keep a photocopy of everything i send back to flux when i renew, etc (like the mod sheet, etc) as that way if they tried that on (lost paperwork) you've got all the paperwork to back it up & they haven't really got a leg to stand on
Old 15-07-2008, 07:25 PM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by CRAIG HAYTER
your defo the police or you know someone in the police half way up there arse by the the sounds of it aswell ok the boy did not declare when he should of but insurance is sky high and when the younger ones just want to have a couple of there own touches to there car they get hammered its not like he has bolted a turbo onto it and nos etc etc an air filter he would be lucky to gain 2bhp fucks sake stop being such a woosey
Half way up there arses...thats interesting also.. please point out what I wrote above that suggests that? I am a copper and someone has asked for help / advice in a matter. I have told them what the score is when it comes to insurance and the powers which the police have and the way insurance companies will look at getting out of a claim.. I am one of only a few coppers on here who like to try and give advice and give an honest opinion on the way things work on the otherside of law enforcement. You dont know me so dont say im half way up someones arse!!

There is nothing wrong with modding a car and making it your own.. I have done the same thing with my Escos... The fact of the matter is, my cars when on the road are properly covered in the event of an accident. I want to know that if I am involved in an accident that I have full cover and im not sued for causing injuries to another person.

Dont knock the police mate for the way insurance companies work, ie bumping up premiums for mods... all we are conerned with is the vehicle and the driver is covered for being on the road... Personally, if someones crashes into my car I want to know that the other person is insured properly.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:35 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Metpol
Half way up there arses...thats interesting also.. please point out what I wrote above that suggests that? I am a copper and someone has asked for help / advice in a matter. I have told them what the score is when it comes to insurance and the powers which the police have and the way insurance companies will look at getting out of a claim.. I am one of only a few coppers on here who like to try and give advice and give an honest opinion on the way things work on the otherside of law enforcement. You dont know me so dont say im half way up someones arse!!

There is nothing wrong with modding a car and making it your own.. I have done the same thing with my Escos... The fact of the matter is, my cars when on the road are properly covered in the event of an accident. I want to know that if I am involved in an accident that I have full cover and im not sued for causing injuries to another person.

Dont knock the police mate for the way insurance companies work, ie bumping up premiums for mods... all we are conerned with is the vehicle and the driver is covered for being on the road... Personally, if someones crashes into my car I want to know that the other person is insured properly.

ok your giving your opinion fair play but lets think about this matter a filter and some wheels big deal dont get me wrong about 10%ofpolice can be ok but the other 90%think they are above the law and they speed about and as a matter a fact it was on the radio(talk sport) a couple of months back that the police DO NOT obtain the speed limit they are alway driving as fast as they want!!!now dont deny this fact because it is true so way dont you's get done with speeding?now if you can give me a good enough explanation then i will agree with you about this matter
Old 15-07-2008, 07:41 PM
fish99

the truth is well up where i stay all they do is bother all the young ones in cars well its better there are out having fun in cars insted of fighting,stabbing,robbing peole and shops!but for a silly thing like an air filter they could have said"right son take your car home and insure it with the mods and come back and show us with in the next couple of days"but no because they think they are above the law i know a traffic guy he's alright but flys about like fk in his car and does not get done....way not because they get away with murder

I cant answer for how the Scottish Police deal with their problems.. In england we have different laws for a start.

This is how it works where I am. Right you say we get Police bothering youngsters in cars.. yeah I can see that.. When I was 17-23 I was getting pulled up every bloody night and given a 7 day wonder.. I had my own personal parking space at the nick as I was there so often. The problem is not everyone see's younguns enjoying their motors as a good thing, often with these gathering's come stereo noise, vehicle noise and people doing burnouts etc. We get a load of complaints from residents and we have to be seen dealing with the issues... every other phone call from a p'd off person is I pay your wages etc... so we have to provide a police presence or next thing is local MP's get on the case to OCU commanders. So I can see now im on the otherside what flack we get.

Stopping vehicles is a major part of Police work.. we are not concentrating on just vehicle crime but a variety of other things... Drug crimes, theft offences etc etc etc.. these criminals need to get about and by stopping vehicles we can stop billy burglar doing his next job.

We would love to be out there catching robbers and rapists ( I think they are the 2 favs at the mo) but we have to deal with a variety of other shite in the course of our days... Police work is not the Bill, CSI or Dempsey and Makepeace.

I can tell you this now, Police are not above the law when it comes to motoring, either in personal cars or police vehicles... I have to give details of all calls I am on or what exaclty I was doing if I get a Gatso. If my reason is not good enough then I will be hung out to dry and be treated nore harsh then a normal member of the public... (you might think thats rubbish but I can assure you its true) .

Last edited by fish99; 15-07-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:43 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

there is no grey area. a non standard part is a mod no matter if it is "only" an air filter . the fact that you cant or wont see the difference proves that the insurance companies are probably right in their risk assesment.
big wheels arent a performance part but do increase the likelyhood of someone stealing that vehicle because the aftermarket big alloys make it more appealing to the thief or joyrider making it a higher risk.
no one like paying insurance but its not difficult to understand the rules.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:45 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

I can tell you this now, Police are not above the law when it comes to motoring, either in personal cars or police vehicles... I have to give details of all calls I am on or what exaclty I was doing if I get a Gatso. If my reason is not good enough then I will be hung out to dry and be treated nore harsh then a normal member of the public... (you might think thats rubbish but I can assure you its true) .
as a matter of interest how many officers on duty that have been flashed have been convicted and given points/fine? i could be mistaken but im sure i remember it being rediculously low at about 0-2%?.

Last edited by fuzzy; 15-07-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:47 PM
fish99

I think I sort of answered your last question as I was typing above... We are all grown ups in here and im not going to say all police stick to the relevent speed limit... that would be a lie. If they get gatso'd like anyone else, and they cant provide a cad ref or reason then they WILL be prosecuted..personally if you drive like a tit either in or out of the job then you deserve all that you get.. bit like that copper who had his piccy taken on gatso giving a thumbs up.. not the sort of image police want to portray.

Some members of the public do have to realise though that we dont necassarily have the blue lights on a sirens on when on a job... If i want to make progress on a car without saying here I am then I will break the speed limit (some people probably think im speeding for no reason when Im actually trying to be sneaky beaky) or if I attending a suspects on premises call. I dont want to alert the subject to my presence.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:48 PM
fish99

On my team I know of one person convicted... 3points going through london, 30 in a 20
Old 15-07-2008, 07:53 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

I cant answer for how the Scottish Police deal with their problems.. In england we have different laws for a start.

This is how it works where I am. Right you say we get Police bothering youngsters in cars.. yeah I can see that.. When I was 17-23 I was getting pulled up every bloody night and given a 7 day wonder.. I had my own personal parking space at the nick as I was there so often. The problem is not everyone see's younguns enjoying their motors as a good thing, often with these gathering's come stereo noise, vehicle noise and people doing burnouts etc. We get a load of complaints from residents and we have to be seen dealing with the issues... every other phone call from a p'd off person is I pay your wages etc... so we have to provide a police presence or next thing is local MP's get on the case to OCU commanders. So I can see now im on the otherside what flack we get.

Stopping vehicles is a major part of Police work.. we are not concentrating on just vehicle crime but a variety of other things... Drug crimes, theft offences etc etc etc.. these criminals need to get about and by stopping vehicles we can stop billy burglar doing his next job.

We would love to be out there catching robbers and rapists ( I think they are the 2 favs at the mo) but we have to deal with a variety of other shite in the course of our days... Police work is not the Bill, CSI or Dempsey and Makepeace.

but when talks sport were speaking about it it was england as well and i can agree theres to much crime for you's to get everything k point taken well were can the guys and girls in there car go?if they are out in there cars then its more than likely they are just having a cruise with there lass or mates in my eyes and a few more why not just let them play in there cars and show off there toys ok not doing 90 in a 30mph lane etc etc but they are going round the town big deal i would rather see them do that than be "billy burglar "etc etc i know the insurance is a nightmare but do you not think the copper could have said"take your car home and then get insurance with the mods and hand it into me by the end of the week"?so then the boy would say "well i better insure it the way they want it"?so the police guy is happy so is the guy who has been pulled and now he will learn from his lesson?
Old 15-07-2008, 07:54 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

perk of the job. if it was an option open to me id certainly have no problems taking advantage of it
unfortunately im only a joiner so my perks only involve free wood and screws
Old 15-07-2008, 07:55 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

On my team I know of one person convicted... 3points going through london, 30 in a 20

well i can insure you if i was to have a speed camera 10%of the police i see would only have there licenses honestly thats no word of a lie!!!!

Last edited by CRAIG HAYTER; 15-07-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:57 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by fuzzy
perk of the job. if it was an option open to me id certainly have no problems taking advantage of it
unfortunately im only a joiner so my perks only involve free wood and screws
do you not think they should have said take it home and get it insured they way we want it instead of being like that?
Old 15-07-2008, 08:01 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

do you not think they should have said take it home and get it insured they way we want it instead of being like that?
they cant allow an uninsured car to carry on in case its involved in an accident further up the road. then who would kop the blame?
although couldnt it be argued that its a civil matter as you have insurance but at a lesser cost so its a cash dispute in the amount you have paid over and not the fact that you have no insurance whatsoever.?
Old 15-07-2008, 08:03 PM
fish99

You have to realise that its a traffic officers job to pull motors about and deal with any offences that they come across.. The problem with the lad above is that he never declared the mods so in the eyes of his insurance company he isnt insured. If the copper said your a naughty boy go and take your car home and get it insured with mods then he is just making a noose for himself. You have to picture this, the copper tells the lad to go home and on the way home the lad crashes and kills someone. This lad then says "its ok the police said I could drive it home", how does this look on the side of the Police? Do you think the dead persons family will say " oh thats fine the police said he could drive it home when we have all agreed that its not insured. We are bound by the law ( with a certain amount of discretion) to act upon offences. Its just not worth the risk or the agg..

Another reason we pull youngsters is for the reasons above, modified cars which are not properly insured... or if its me, its just me being nosey... and every cossie I see will get tugged.... I only want to nick ideas and have a chat
Old 15-07-2008, 08:04 PM
fish99

they cant allow an uninsured car to carry on in case its involved in an accident further up the road. then who would kop the blame?
although couldnt it be argued that its a civil matter as you have insurance but at a lesser cost so its a cash dispute in the amount you have paid over and not the fact that you have no insurance whatsoever.?

bang on mate.... your a much faster typer than me
Old 15-07-2008, 08:05 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

well i can insure you if i was to have a speed camera 10%of the police i see would only have there licenses honestly thats no word of a lie!!!!

Sorry fella, you lost me there
Old 15-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

metpol im GLAD i aint got a cossie,,, as sometimes being tugged can be a pain if its just for a chat,,,,,, nothing worse than chatting to a copper when you got 100 pills under the drivers seat pmsl
Old 15-07-2008, 08:08 PM
fish99

Originally Posted by Ginge !
metpol im GLAD i aint got a cossie,,, as sometimes being tugged can be a pain if its just for a chat,,,,,, nothing worse than chatting to a copper when you got 100 pills under the drivers seat pmsl

lol... nice one ginge.

its not that I pull over many cossies these days, they are normally broken down by the side of the road, or tucked up in heated blankets in someones garage

Last edited by fish99; 15-07-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:08 PM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The subject of this thread seems to have changed a bit lol

The problem with the large majority of "younger" drivers under 21 Craig is they dont just go to a car meet they generally go to a cruise in a supermarket car park & cause a nuisance, burnouts, etc & then when they're kicked out of said place drive like twats round the local roads showing off. Should the police just leave them to it then seeing as they're not stabbing, shooting people Near where i live they seem to think its appropriate to show off their driving around the high street at 40mph when people are trying to walk, usually more so at pub/club time, etc - mind you that said most of them probably havent had to pay for their own cars or insurance so they clearly dont care as mummy or daddy pay for it for them Even the little idiot in my road seems to think its appropriate to pull (failed) handbrake turns to try & park in his drive

At the end of the day why should the policeman in question have let the guy go with a warning & just told him to get his car insured properly - for most people if they haven't insured the car properly to begin with whats the liklehood they'll actually go home & do it

Last edited by AlexRS2782; 15-07-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:11 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Ginge !
and a stun gun in your jacket pocket....
Old 15-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the boot mate,,,, need a warrant for that you see,,,,, well thats what they claim on them law breaking forums ect

Old 15-07-2008, 08:14 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

You have to realise that its a traffic officers job to pull motors about and deal with any offences that they come across.. The problem with the lad above is that he never declared the mods so in the eyes of his insurance company he isnt insured. If the copper said your a naughty boy go and take your car home and get it insured with mods then he is just making a noose for himself. You have to picture this, the copper tells the lad to go home and on the way home the lad crashes and kills someone. This lad then says "its ok the police said I could drive it home", how does this look on the side of the Police? Do you think the dead persons family will say " oh thats fine the police said he could drive it home when we have all agreed that its not insured. We are bound by the law ( with a certain amount of discretion) to act upon offences. Its just not worth the risk or the agg..

Another reason we pull youngsters is for the reasons above, modified cars which are not properly insured... or if its me, its just me being nosey... and every cossie I see will get tugged.... I only want to nick ideas and have a chat
ok that is a very good point you have there then way not say to the boy leave your car give us the key get your insurance sorted out tommorow then we will give your keys back?now that boy above can need his licesence for his job or to run a family member about as i do with my dad and my kids the other point every cossie I see will get tugged.... is far wrong as i drive 2 and i remember them saying to me after they pulled me how can i afford mine and the insurance now for a start (1)i have my own business sometime need too work from 7 in the morning till3 the next and that no word of a lie and its none of there business and(2)i have worked my arse off to get what i have got so what right do they have asking me that?really at the end of the day ok the boy was wrong but also the police can treat boys in there cars better if they were to be more easier on them then they would not hate the police the way they do now i can understand its a job and everyone needs to work to supply for there familts etc etc but some police officers really do take the piss would you not agree?MAKE PEACE NOT WAR
Old 15-07-2008, 08:16 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

you will be getting pulled everyday nowlol
Old 15-07-2008, 08:18 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by arch
Sorry fella, you lost me there
i am saying if i had i mobile speed camera and you's went through it 90% of you's drive alot faster than the speed limits

Last edited by CRAIG HAYTER; 15-07-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:23 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

you will be getting pulled everyday nowlol
i dont do that shit anymore anyway. im older and wiser now
Old 15-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

bloody hell now thats plod well and trully grilled do we have any taxmen

on-line? or is that a whole other ball game

Old 15-07-2008, 08:27 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

i dont do that shit anymore anyway. im older and wiser now
llf your mad they will still be watching you from now on lol
Old 15-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Fucking hate threads like this
boil my fucking blood
if u aint got the money to insure a mod'd car then dont fucking mod it
simple as that
absolutely agree.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:30 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

lol... nice one ginge.

its not that I pull over many cossies these days, they are normally broken down by the side of the road, or tucked up in heated blankets in someones garage
they are normally broken down by the side of the road thats not very nicebut the other bit is true
Old 15-07-2008, 08:31 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Fuck me 17 people viewing this thread!
Old 15-07-2008, 08:32 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by matt p
Fuck me 17 people viewing this thread!
is that good or bad?
Old 15-07-2008, 08:37 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

is that good or bad?
iam sitting here in stichesD
Old 15-07-2008, 08:41 PM
fish99

ok that is a very good point you have there then way not say to the boy leave your car give us the key get your insurance sorted out tommorow then we will give your keys back?now that boy above can need his licesence for his job or to run a family member about as i do with my dad and my kids the other point every cossie I see will get tugged.... is far wrong as i drive 2 and i remember them saying to me after they pulled me how can i afford mine and the insurance now for a start (1)i have my own business sometime need too work from 7 in the morning till3 the next and that no word of a lie and its none of there business and(2)i have worked my arse off to get what i have got so what right do they have asking me that?really at the end of the day ok the boy was wrong but also the police can treat boys in there cars better if they were to be more easier on them then they would not hate the police the way they do now i can understand its a job and everyone needs to work to supply for there familts etc etc but some police officers really do take the piss would you not agree?MAKE PEACE NOT WAR

sorry for delay, passionford went tits up for me.

right where was I... technically any vehicle which is on a public road has to be insured, so leaving it in situ is not an option really and allowing the boy to drive it home is also not an option. Really all we can do is recover the vehicle. (He was lucky if it wasnt).

Asking you how you can afford insurance sound bit of a personal question to me also.. I wouldnt phrase it like that, but every officer has their own method of investigation. All this insurance database is very new to the Police so back in the day finding out if a vehicle is insured wasnt as easy as checking a computer. If we stopped a person and we established that he was out of work and driving a 20k car or a car which is known to attract a high insurance premium then searching questions can be asked ( these questions can then be used in court as part of a prosecution).. although you or another may find it personally intrusive, its a way of us establishing the truth, we are trained investigators afterall.

I like to think that the old attitude test comes into play a lot, Im not after a person to call me sir, and answering my questions as yes sir, no sir 3 bags full sir.. but I do want people to speak to me how I speak to them.. Im not saying all police are polite as I have been with other coppers who I think are bang out of order for the attitude.. I just think at the end of the day its them and not me being like that. But on the other hand I have had plenty of people jump out of their cars on the back foot giving the big I am.. am I going to use discretion.. I dont think so... so members of the public can be just as bad if not worse... afterall you said I was up someones arse

Last edited by fish99; 15-07-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:44 PM
fish99

oh yeah as for the pulling every cossie I see was meant tongue in cheek

I think I have only ever come across 2 cossies where I work, one was a purple Monte (broken down), and I helped the chap get it recovered, and the other was a silver saph, owner had it for an hour and gave it too much beans on a roundabout and went into a wall... tried blaming it on the wheel cleaner wet wheels... come on mate you had it sideways.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:51 PM
fish99

guys, im offski now... got to be up early to persecute some cossie owners ( Joke honestly)

have a goodun and ill catch you laters..
Old 15-07-2008, 08:51 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

sorry for delay, passionford went tits up for me.

right where was I... technically any vehicle which is on a public road has to be insured, so leaving it in situ is not an option really and allowing the boy to drive it home is also not an option. Really all we can do is recover the vehicle. (He was lucky if it wasnt).

Asking you how you can afford insurance sound bit of a personal question to me also.. I wouldnt phrase it like that, but every officer has their own method of investigation. All this insurance database is very new to the Police so back in the day finding out if a vehicle is insured wasnt as easy as checking a computer. If we stopped a person and we established that he was out of work and driving a 20k car or a car which is known to attract a high insurance premium then searching questions can be asked ( these questions can then be used in court as part of a prosecution).. although you or another may find it personally intrusive, its a way of us establishing the truth, we are trained investigators afterall.

I like to think that the old attitude test comes into play a lot, Im not after a person to call me sir, and answering my questions as yes sir, no sir 3 bags full sir.. but I do want people to speak to me how I speak to them.. Im not saying all police are polite as I have been with other coppers who I think are bang out of order for the attitude.. I just think at the end of the day its them and not me being like that. But on the other hand I have had plenty of people jump out of their cars on the back foot giving the big I am.. am I going to use discretion.. I dont think so... so members of the public can be just as bad if not worse... afterall you said I was up someones arse
but you's are not getting paid be like and thats your jobs to deal with the public POLITELY not the way you's want(but you's think you's are above the law)as for up someones arse the police act as if they dont have a sin in the world i bet you and you team have pirate dvds etc etc and you's get people in shite for that so that way i said that!!!
Old 15-07-2008, 08:52 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

guys, im offski now... got to be up early to persecute some cossie owners ( Joke honestly)

do you only pick on cossie owners because your not quick enough to catch bmw drivers?
Old 15-07-2008, 08:53 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

ok you can be right but in a couple of statements i could be rightgo and pull taxis or bus driver they are a pain in the aRSe anyway lol

Quick Reply: police matter help?