General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

So.. Anyone got the new IPhone yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll stick to my Nokia....
Old 12-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Well Ive had someone say I can have their virtually brand new 8gb iphone (not 3g) for my nokia n95 + 50 quid

I think thats a fair deal I guess going by the prices on ebay

NEED a new toy LOL, the basicness of the n95 is doing my head in, but is an awesome phone for anyone thinking of getting one

Old 13-07-2008, 08:54 AM
lardypants
Banned

well i think im gonna get one

Last edited by lardypants; 13-07-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:25 AM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu.H
Well Ive had someone say I can have their virtually brand new 8gb iphone (not 3g) for my nokia n95 + 50 quid

I think thats a fair deal I guess going by the prices on ebay

NEED a new toy LOL, the basicness of the n95 is doing my head in, but is an awesome phone for anyone thinking of getting one

Yeah I reckon that's cheap.

I put mine on ebay for Ł235 buy it now yesterday and it sold in an hour! It would have probably got over Ł250 (as it was mint and I have all the packaging and covers still) but I was happy to get that for it.

Other phones don't compare when you've felt how slick the iphone is, the touch screen is amazing technology and sitting there watching top gear on the bbc iplayer (which you can set as an icon on your home screen) in a perfect little picture in your hand is cool.. certainly makes you forget about sending an mms picture of your arse to a mate.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:30 AM
lardypants
Banned

oops i was hoping to get one for 150 ish lol
Old 13-07-2008, 11:57 AM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

Whats the video quality like?

N95 for the win
Old 13-07-2008, 12:15 PM
jacko996
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

anyone know where you can get one or are they all sold out??
Old 13-07-2008, 12:17 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by alan12112

N95 for the win

I had an N95... boring IMO, ok for the playground

What's email like on the N95, web browsing, weather, application downloads, music downloads, youtube, music and video archieve and playback.. oh yeah clumsy, slow and boring to look at (for the ones it does do)

Yes the iphone should have a video camera, it should do mms and they should change the bluetooth.. but everything else is still sooo depressing to use after the iphone.
Old 13-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Kris_23
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by jameswrx
When you've lived with a iphone for a while picking up another phone just doesn't cut it.

The java problem hardly raises it's head and I can't think of a time I've been annoyed when browsing the net. It's the nicest web browsing phone I've used without a doubt.

Also just the look of the screen on any other phone out there is just depressing when you see how vibrant and crisp the iphone is. I was on mine watching topgear on the iplayer the other day, superb layout, awesome picture etc.. wouldn't get that on your blackberry.

Honestly the MMS thing is a small price to pay.

Plus ofcoarse the ipod part.. I never had an ipod before the iphone and now I've slipped about 50+ albums onto the phone, it's superb. I have the dock at work connected to my stereo and it sits there on suffle playing all my tunes. When someone rings the music goes off and the phone part comes alive.

Just playing with the touch screen is enough to keep you amused for a while, the way it flicks through the album covers depending on how you swipe accross the screen.

I've had the iphone on Vodaphone for about six months now and i totally agree with you pal does everything you would want a phone to do and even without 3g internet is very usable.

Mine is jailbroken so you have around 1000 apps ready to download on your phone straight away whenever and where ever you want all for free, which includes a MMS app which works perfectly, also just downloaded an app that turns your iphone into a remote using wifi so you can control itunes on you laptop without getting up. What other phone can do that?!

Also was not aware you could you bbc iplayer! Result!
Old 13-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Kris_23

N95 for the win

If i want a video recorder i'll by a camcorder not a clunky, ugly, problem filled N95.
Old 13-07-2008, 01:01 PM
jacko996

[QUOTE=Kris_23;3426320]I've had the iphone on Vodaphone for about six months now and i totally agree with you pal does everything you would want a phone to do and even without 3g internet is very usable.

I thought you could only have these on 02??
Old 13-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Kris_23

[quote=jacko996;3426331]
Originally Posted by Kris_23
I've had the iphone on Vodaphone for about six months now and i totally agree with you pal does everything you would want a phone to do and even without 3g internet is very usable.

I thought you could only have these on 02??
Not if you get a jailbroken one been been able to get them unlocked since they came out the the other reason is for the installer see pics below. installer on right

Old 13-07-2008, 02:13 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Not a computer nerd, but so far this phone is proving to be the bollocks
Matt, i use a pc and im having no troubles at all syncing the 3g iphone to it, i have mobileme aswell and is all working very very well
never had a phone before where i have used the internet, i cant keep off it now. its so easy to use on the iphone
Old 13-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Few hours to go and I'll be in the IPhone club
Old 13-07-2008, 03:23 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
The problem with it is, it's not so much what it does, or doesn't do, it's HOW it does it. After playing with plenty of phones, smart phones, and hand held PC type phones, like the XDA's, the Ipaq's, the countless Windows Mobile smart phones etc, I just personally feel nothing comes close to how well the iPhone operates. It's OS is just a JOY a use, it's navigation etc is just typical Apple - smooth as silk, and the whole thing can be summed up with the un-official Apple tagline of "It just Works"

Of course, therein lies the problem. It's geared up for the Apple world! It's designed for the Macheads that all have imacs and macbooks, and all use itunes, and have Apple TV, and use the Airport Extreme/Express, and Time Capsule etc... Which is mainly the American domestic market. The domestic market in the UK is ruled by Microsoft, and whilst I personally feel it is still a great tool, it just doesn't gel as nicely with Windows as it does with OSX! Put simply - you plug it into a Windows PC and it doesn't work - it needs drivers, software, etc. With a mac, you don't even NEED to plug it in - before you know it, it's wirelessly connected and all working as it should be!

Apple products are fantastic. The simplicity of design, the intergration of their product family to one another, the ease of userbility... Yet for some reason I STILL find myself with hree Windows computers! The only Apple product I have is my iPod, and much as I would love an iTouch, untill they make versions capable of holding 60gb, I won't have one....

So I don't need an iPhone as a music player. And I don't need it as a movie player (who wants to watch films on a screen that tiny? And i drive all day so not like I am sitting on a train for long periods) All I need from a phone is : to be able to make calls. To recieve them. To send and recieve text messages. To send and recieve picture messages. To get online when mobile, for web pages, gmail, etc etc. And the rest is just a toy - another "cool" gadget to play with and show off.

And as such I can't justify hundreds of pounds on something to use as a toy! I'd love to, but I can't! With a few more tweaks and apps, the iPhone is probably EXACTLY the phone I have been looking for.... But I just can't justify shelling out for one! I won't be using it as a business tool, or an iPod, so I'd still be carrying the phone AND my iPod. And with it's camera, I'd still be carrying my digi camera around aswell (which to be fair I do now with my Nokia as I haven't seen a phone yet that takes pictures as good as a real camera - even the N95's 5MP camera isn't a patch on my shonky 2.1MP Canon, and my 5MP camera blows it out the water and onto the next planet!)

So it's superb, it's a marvel of technology <<<<(in your opinion)- but it still isn't quite there yet.....

Some good points there and that is why there are different markets, categories of people wanting different things from a 'phone'. Some want the Iphone as you do becuause it has it will text, ring, use the net and has the flappy paddle screen but if you were honest you would say probably about 75% who want and buy one do because of the cool factor, hype and advertising, basically the same as the Ipod. Remember even that wasn't an MP3 player it was an "ipod" it was special and everyone had to have one and nothing else.

Clearly though there of those of us who want an all in one device, (one category) not necessarilly a handset that can replace all of your Mp3 player, sat nav, phone, PDA, and camera in one and piss on it but that can do it through most of the week and stop you carrying a rucksack full of tricks around. Sure enough i think everyone knows if you go on holiday or some event you will take your proper camera. Bearing all that in mind i think the best to do that in recent times has been the Ipaq pda phones and the N95 which was successful even though it didn't have the amount of advertising like those apple adverts, in fact i can't even recall one Nokia N95 ad. It's these adverts and the buzz from USA that gets everyone buying them. Like TV shows, they can even sell us the shit ones easilly.

So as i say some good points but saying its a revolutionary device or that the ipod is when both don't do anything extra that the competition do in particular mobile phones where others do what they are trying to do a whole lot better. Remember it's easier for PDA's that have the OS, GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, 3g, touch screens and all that to do/add a phone IE text, ring and MMS features than it is for a phone to do all that. I think though that Nokia managed it better than Apple so far and they will keep doing more phones too, as will LG, Samsung, Motorola etc.

Thrush, i feel that if you believe (the part of your post) that it is some kind of saviour in technology terms then maybe you're blinded by the bollocks in the same way Radio1 listeners are blinded by the hype of some pop band they get fed all day, when in reality its a shit track 9 times out of 10.

So to summarise, Flappy paddle screen + apple advertising = some sheep i mean people with very sticky panties or perhaps brown ones if they don't get hold of one to show they are one of the crowd in the pub. It reminds me of the 360 v PS3 debates. In the case of the I-phone it isn't the true gadget out there, call me kind of agnostic towards the power or what it is some see in it. I'll stick to my PDA's and risk being labled a geek.

*Sorry to Clarkson for the plagiarism, nicking his term.
Old 13-07-2008, 04:21 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Matt J
Some good points there Skeg and sums up Apple in a nutshell, a few nifty ideas here and there but 90% of their products are form over function for todays modern shallow society.

"Look at me, I have all the latest iCrap, I'll be eating beans on toast for 6 months but at least people will think I'm cool!"

Or in most cases people will just think "Look, there goes another sheep"

Bit of a silly statement isn't it?

So just because I've got an iphone I'm a sheep and I can only afford beans on toast

I'd say there's a lot less people with iphones so how does that make iphone users sheep.

It's an amazing gadget, what hetrosexual male doesn't love a cool gadget FFS? And as for saying why do I need all that on the move.. well it's a phone, it holds my music which I can (and do) play at work or in the car, it's got email (which I check during my breaks at work) etc etc

I don't 'need' my Evo either but I sure as f*ck love using it!

Or is it just a case of the old 'green eyed monster' I can hear?

You sound just like a friend of mine who's mrs won't let him have anything nice either
Old 13-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

for me, the HTC Tyt II is still the best. I have tomtom, igo, google maps which are fantastic with the built in GPS. Web browsing is a joy with opera mini, plus you have all ur office apps and slide out keyboard. You NEED a hacked firmware though, as it totally changes the interface for the better.
Old 13-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

It#s the typical age old "cool to hate something that a lot of people like"

Like people that hate a certain car cos it's popular, or hate a certain actor/actress because they are high profile.... Shame of it is, that, in this country at least, it's seen as cool to hate Apple because the majority of thw world embrace them.

Sure, PDA's do the same job as an iPhone, but what sets the iPhone apart is the WAY it does it. PDA's, on the whole, are business tools, and the iPhone is geared up as an end user domestic product. The main strength of the iPhone is it's mobile version of OSX. Sorry to say it to all you Apple haters, but Apple's OSX pisses all over Windows And Windows Mobile? Don't make me laugh! Windows broken down if you ask me (and yes, I have used it - unlike a lot of people that bash something, like the iPhone, without actually having test driven it before )

And the remarks about the ipod. I tried several mp3 players before an iPod, but after trying it, I wouldn't even dream of looking back. I personally feel, in my opinion, the ipod, for me at least, is the best portable/personal music player on the market. It does EVERYTHING I want it to. And half the criterior is the slickness of it's use. It's just so - unfussy! So simple and direct. Which is what apple is all about! It's what sets it apart from Microsoft - most products of which are fussy to use, require far more user input and more actions to perform. Apple products (I say products, but it's probably just easier to think "OS" in this instance) are far more simplified, user friendly and quicker - more to the point. More geared up for the people that just want things to work at the push of a button, not people that want to wonder why something isn't doing what they want it to, then trying to decipher what process they need to implement in order to get the result they want Plug something into a Mac and it works. Simple.

And that is in the essance of the iPhone. Thats it's whole basis!

And no, I don't think it's the saviour of technology, if I did I would say it's is 100% perfect. Which I don't thiknk it is. Hence why I am dubious about buying one yet as I think it might be better to wait till it's tweaked a little more.

And I must chuckle at those bashing the iPhone in favour of Nokia. This is Apple's SECOND phone, from a company that have no history of working in communications prior. Lets look at Nokia's second phone - was it eight million times better and pissed all over it? I think not

Apple are a computer company, that have BEGUN to venture out into communications. Nokia is a communications company, and thats it. They have MANY years experience in that market, so naturally they have a head start.

Strange how tho, they still havne't produced a touch screen handheld that can work as slickly, smoothly, and as well as the iPhone. In fact from the touchscreen handheld's I have used, no-one has....
Old 13-07-2008, 06:25 PM
alan12112

Originally Posted by jameswrx

I had an N95... boring IMO, ok for the playground

What's email like on the N95, web browsing, weather, application downloads, music downloads, youtube, music and video archieve and playback.. oh yeah clumsy, slow and boring to look at (for the ones it does do)

Yes the iphone should have a video camera, it should do mms and they should change the bluetooth.. but everything else is still sooo depressing to use after the iphone.
If i want a video recorder i'll by a camcorder not a clunky, ugly, problem filled N95.

Originally Posted by TypicalPiephoner
"wow my piephone does stuff by touching it"
Guess what guys so does everyone elses!!

again.... N95 FTW
Old 13-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

For the past 3 or so years, Ive had WM devices, and I love how configurable they are. I nearly bought the Tytn2 phone, but after I heard about the lack of drivers for the graphics card and HTC not wanting to know, I got an N95. Within a few months I was really missing the configurability of WM devices. Then I got tomtom working with the internal GPS and as that is a major function of what I wanted a device for I kept it for longer.

I just need a change, and when this deal came about, I decided to take it. Unfortunately, gps is a no go on the iphone at the moment (as far as bluetooth receivers are concerned) so I will be getting a completely seperate tomtom unit for use for now.

The N95 doesnt look particularly nice (mind you neither did the xda exec I had - Dom Joly anyone) but I buy things more for function than looks, but the N95 is definitely a 'playground' type phone as someone mentioned before. Its just simple, but I understand that suits some people.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Kris_23

Guess what guys so does everyone elses!!

again.... N95 FTW
Mug.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Mug.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:48 PM
alan12112

Mug.
You keep diggin mate

Whats the flash like aswell peeps? Anygood on this new one?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Q5QuhQzIE

Last edited by alan12112; 13-07-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Yeh its great, MUCH better than the N95 one
Old 13-07-2008, 10:57 PM
alan12112

Cool!!

i'm must add that i'm not against iphones at all but I don't think that they are the all singing all dancing awesome things that people make them out to be

if they did one with a decent camera i.e an equal one to the N95 and it had mms I would probably have one, the web browsing look really good and I must admit I had a play with one in the carphone warehouse not too long ago and I really enjoyed the UI

But as for them being the best thing since sliced bread - I don't think so!

I do quite like that you can get an app for sending mms so that is one tick in the box but no videos and bluetoothing? C'mon!!

Last edited by alan12112; 13-07-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 13-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

TBH MMS I never use, videos on a mobile device I cant see the point of, and bluetooth is slow anyway. I always use cards to transfer files from device to device.

It looks like an innovative piece of hardware, so I'm compelled to give it a go.

Another reason is my mate is a complete tech junky, always swapped his phones/pda's every month or so.

He's stayed with the IPhone for over a year now, so seems a good bet.

Old 14-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Kris_23

You keep diggin mate

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Q5QuhQzIE

I've seen you in the flesh pal so i know your not the big man you trying to be on a PC, its laughable.
Old 14-07-2008, 09:04 AM
alan12112

I've seen you in the flesh pal so i know your not the big man you trying to be on a PC, its laughable.
What the hell are you on about Kris?

How am I "trying to be a big man" i'm entering a discussion about an iphone - you need to chill out and get laid or something

and the only thing that is laughable is your comment!!
Old 14-07-2008, 03:31 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

It#s the typical age old "cool to hate something that a lot of people like"

Like people that hate a certain car cos it's popular, or hate a certain actor/actress because they are high profile.... Shame of it is, that, in this country at least, it's seen as cool to hate Apple because the majority of thw world embrace them.

Sure, PDA's do the same job as an iPhone, but what sets the iPhone apart is the WAY it does it. PDA's, on the whole, are business tools, and the iPhone is geared up as an end user domestic product. The main strength of the iPhone is it's mobile version of OSX. Sorry to say it to all you Apple haters, but Apple's OSX pisses all over Windows And Windows Mobile? Don't make me laugh! Windows broken down if you ask me (and yes, I have used it - unlike a lot of people that bash something, like the iPhone, without actually having test driven it before )

And the remarks about the ipod. I tried several mp3 players before an iPod, but after trying it, I wouldn't even dream of looking back. I personally feel, in my opinion, the ipod, for me at least, is the best portable/personal music player on the market. It does EVERYTHING I want it to. And half the criterior is the slickness of it's use. It's just so - unfussy! So simple and direct. Which is what apple is all about! It's what sets it apart from Microsoft - most products of which are fussy to use, require far more user input and more actions to perform. Apple products (I say products, but it's probably just easier to think "OS" in this instance) are far more simplified, user friendly and quicker - more to the point. More geared up for the people that just want things to work at the push of a button, not people that want to wonder why something isn't doing what they want it to, then trying to decipher what process they need to implement in order to get the result they want Plug something into a Mac and it works. Simple.

And that is in the essance of the iPhone. Thats it's whole basis!

And no, I don't think it's the saviour of technology, if I did I would say it's is 100% perfect. Which I don't thiknk it is. Hence why I am dubious about buying one yet as I think it might be better to wait till it's tweaked a little more.

And I must chuckle at those bashing the iPhone in favour of Nokia. This is Apple's SECOND phone, from a company that have no history of working in communications prior. Lets look at Nokia's second phone - was it eight million times better and pissed all over it? I think not

Apple are a computer company, that have BEGUN to venture out into communications. Nokia is a communications company, and thats it. They have MANY years experience in that market, so naturally they have a head start.

Strange how tho, they still havne't produced a touch screen handheld that can work as slickly, smoothly, and as well as the iPhone. In fact from the touchscreen handheld's I have used, no-one has....

Is there an echo in here.
Old 14-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Thing is, it needs to be said twice, 3 times, a hundred maybe - because people don't listen! They all think it's cool to bash Apple, and harp on and on about how their cheapo N95 can do this the iPhone can't, and this the iPhone can't, and how the N96 will have 16gb internal memory PLUS expandable digi-card memory blah blah blah - but completely lose sight of what the iphone is and is about! As I keep saying, it's not about what it can and can't do, it's about HOW it does it. If you were an Apple fan, and had your internet piped in from your modem to an Apple Airport Express/Extreme, and had your iMac and Macbook connected to it wirelessly, and your Apple TV connected to it wirelessly, and walked in with your iPhone, then that would be connected to all of the above wirelessly aswell - you control your iMac or Macbook or Apple TV wirlessly from your iPhone. You play your music, you play video, you go on the web, you go on YouTube, you sync your music, you download some more from iTunes, etc, etc.

It's simplicity in digital intergration. It's uniting all your Apple products into one easy to use "system" if you like....

Now I don't have any apple products other than my iPod, so I ain't a fanboy. But somehow I can see this, yet others fail to do so - probably cos they are bashing Apple and their products, when most have never even used one!
Old 14-07-2008, 04:27 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

lol at the last few posts

My comments were tongue in cheek by the way Matt etc.. things don't always come accross well written on a forum, it's all good banter. I do feel sorry for all you N95 fanboy sausage jockies though

Originally Posted by Matt J
It makes me wonder how many folks would still buy all these latest "phones" even if they removed the send/receive call function

Tell me more..
Old 14-07-2008, 04:58 PM
jacko996

Still want one, Anyone know where they may be available, other than fleebay?
Old 14-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Kris_23

Thing is, it needs to be said twice, 3 times, a hundred maybe - because people don't listen! They all think it's cool to bash Apple, and harp on and on about how their cheapo N95 can do this the iPhone can't, and this the iPhone can't, and how the N96 will have 16gb internal memory PLUS expandable digi-card memory blah blah blah - but completely lose sight of what the iphone is and is about! As I keep saying, it's not about what it can and can't do, it's about HOW it does it. If you were an Apple fan, and had your internet piped in from your modem to an Apple Airport Express/Extreme, and had your iMac and Macbook connected to it wirelessly, and your Apple TV connected to it wirelessly, and walked in with your iPhone, then that would be connected to all of the above wirelessly aswell - you control your iMac or Macbook or Apple TV wirlessly from your iPhone. You play your music, you play video, you go on the web, you go on YouTube, you sync your music, you download some more from iTunes, etc, etc.

It's simplicity in digital intergration. It's uniting all your Apple products into one easy to use "system" if you like....

Now I don't have any apple products other than my iPod, so I ain't a fanboy. But somehow I can see this, yet others fail to do so - probably cos they are bashing Apple and their products, when most have never even used one!
I was reading about above mentioned products yesterday as it goes and as you say its amazing how they all integrate, especially the Apple airport express, Having a whole flat to myself this would be just the ticket the way that you can have your Macbook in your office then have access and control of all your music,photo's, videos connected to your stereo/tv and controlled by your iphone its pretty damn clever.

And the iphone is my first apple product, had nokia's for the last ten years and like other people i was set in my ways but now i've made the change i dont think i would go back to a Nokia again and i sold my N95 for this so have seen both sides.

I have now put an order in for a Macbook air as i'm fed up with vista!
Old 14-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

The Airport Express is just the pure definition of simplicity! Tiny little box (bout 3/4 size of a box of fags) that plugs in the wall. Connect your modem to it via ethernet, run the airport app on your Mac (or PC) and your done - you now have up to ten computers connected wirelessly to it. Add in the fact you connect a printer to the Airport via USB and all computers can print to it, and run an audio cable (analogue (3.5mm jack to twin RCA) or optical) from it to your amp, and now you have any of these computers (or your iPhone I should think) playing their iTunes library direct to your home hifi set up!

And that is apple all over - pure simplicity in design. Sure, it's also designed to be pretty and smart looking - and lets face it, there isn't another laptop on the PLANET that (at least in my opinion) looks as nice as a Macbook - but they are just designed to work. No fussing, no configuring, no scratching your head looking for drivers or how to set up shortcuts - just plug it in, and it works.

I plugged my camera into my PC (XP) and it popped up telling me I had done so. Then it went off looking for drivers. It thought for about 2mins, couldn't find any and gave up. I then had to run the disc it came with, install it as a camera, then I could view the photo's on it. Then, to put them onto my computer I had to select all (or desired) and drag n drop.

I plugged my camera into an iMac, and within less than the time it took for Windows to fail looking for drivers, it had worked out what it was, installed it, and begun copying all the photo's from it to iPhoto on the Mac. SIMPLICITY!!!!!!
Old 14-07-2008, 08:39 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start you using macs to deep level and i hope your good with linux/cmd line etc , i like macs, but at network os levell, they dont compete with novell\windows nt, not just yet, we run joint networks at work comprising of macs and windows based machines
Old 15-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Macs are better suited to home user environments, IMO, although they are used HEAVILY in the graphic design, art studio and music industry as business tools.... Not many places do use them as terminals to in a corporate workplace.....
Old 15-07-2008, 09:12 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not a huge Geek or a Mac arse licker however I have an Iphone, Macbook, Time capsule and airport and love the way the devices interface with each other.

I can use itunes from my garden on my phone and it controls my Macbook thats hooked up to my TV and amp with coverflow handy for BBQ's etc. I can even use my phone to control the mouse over the wireless on the touch screen.

Havent looked at the recent apps since about Feb but I am sure there are loads of other cool little apps now.

I would never have got an iphone if i wasnt commuting on the train every day 9one device and all that). Would have stuck to my 8800 BUT now I have it I am not sure I could go back to not havning one!

Quick Reply: So.. Anyone got the new IPhone yet?