General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dangerous Load

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
rsvan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerous Load

right people i got stopped today by the traffic police for a dangerous load. I had a length of soffix plastic to put over my gutter duck boards secured this from the back of my hatchback out of passenger window and against front wing, secured both ends. They stopped me informed me they have viewed this as a dangerous load, and how it could come loose and hit a pedestrian / cyclist. I excepted there was a risk and was making arrangements to have this collected but was still issued with a fixed penalty for dangerous load. I asked the officer who decides what a dangerous load is he replied, he did. I asked what criteria or guidelines has he got to decide what is a dangerous load and he replied anything that extends beyond the perimeter of a vehicle, CAN BE.................viewed as a dangerous load.
If I was not aware that this was dangerous or he deemed that this was a dangerous load - can i be guilty of knowingly having a dangerous load???
I await your replies and advice/............
Thanks
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Neil S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say that you may not have KNOWINGLY had a dangerous load for sure, but also that ignorance is no defence: not knowing that your load is dangerous does not allow you to drive round with it anyway.

I'd take it on the chin and mark it up to experience sadly...

Neil.