General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Official croft topic

Search this Thread

Old 29-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to add, i have learned today that braking on a corner is definitely not good and that i do need to watch my gear changes

For my first track day however i was pretty happy with myself, especially after a bit of tuition from Clive ( Righthooker) and Ste ( The youth ) i got my couple of laps a lot smoother and no random circles at the hairpin

Will be back next year hopefully a lot more experienced
Old 29-06-2008, 07:07 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Dicko&Sarah,

my car went well today considering it was running lower boost than it should be.

what have i done letting you in it lol, feel sorry for Lee now.

Old 29-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
Dicko&Sarah,

my car went well today considering it was running lower boost than it should be.

what have i done letting you in it lol, feel sorry for Lee now.

i think you should have let me drive it

Cant believe how quick it was, how grippy it was and sounded bloody awesome! i was mega impressed, though obviously your driving skills definitely show, oh and the brakes!

you just need to get a 2.5 gear now for going round tower bend

hopefully will get another go in it next year

Sarah
Old 29-06-2008, 07:17 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

oooh, i do like that evo in red
Old 29-06-2008, 07:26 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

after todays little mishap Sarah, i don't think i will be letting you in the driving just yet.

deffo need that 2.5 gear.#

Old 29-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Had a brilliant day today been out on track with SiB nearly all day, oh and i jumped in Nigel's car for one of his sessions too. 2 awsome Evo's and 2 really really good drivers, Huge thank you to SiB for taking letting me be his passenger all day and to Nigel for taking me out on his last session

I have not been out in a Ford all weekend
Old 29-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Slevin Kelevra
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Loved the Royal Nail van, so cool!
Old 29-06-2008, 09:01 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

had a great weekend on track in both my track car and the 100E,No major dramas for me apart from having to change a front driveshaft this morning to sort a slight problem (thanks tim finch)other than that both cars ran perfectly all weekend.
loved driving the 100E in the wet was pretty scary out there!
had a passenger ride in my m8 jims rs200 rep,wow what a car I went light headed coming through hawthorn bend it's that quick!
only downer on the weekend was been unable to sleep on saturday night due to a large group of idiots who attached themselves to our stand and then refused to go to bed until 5am and kept everone around us awake with there childish antics.
next years camping should be ticket only IMO
overall a great weekend for me

steve

steve
Old 29-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Steve, nice little slide round the corner when we were behind you
Old 29-06-2008, 09:06 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the youth
had a great weekend on track in both my track car and the 100E,No major dramas for me apart from having to change a front driveshaft this morning to sort a slight problem (thanks tim finch)other than that both cars ran perfectly all weekend.
loved driving the 100E in the wet was pretty scary out there!
had a passenger ride in my m8 jims rs200 rep,wow what a car I went light headed coming through hawthorn bend it's that quick!
only downer on the weekend was been unable to sleep on saturday night due to a large group of idiots who attached themselves to our stand and then refused to go to bed until 5am and kept everone around us awake with there childish antics.
next years camping should be ticket only IMO
overall a great weekend for me

steve

steve
after what happened this weekend, we'll be lucky if we get permission to camp next year Ste

If we do though, next year we'll have to be stricter. Something that we never want to be because we feel our relaxed way of running things makes our show different from the rest..................the actions of a few dickheads always spoils it for the majority though
Old 29-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Ste took me out my god he can drive, but admittedly i think him and Dave4x4 werent miles apart in their abilities!
Old 29-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
after what happened this weekend, we'll be lucky if we get permission to camp next year Ste

If we do though, next year we'll have to be stricter. Something that we never want to be because we feel our relaxed way of running things makes our show different from the rest..................the actions of a few dickheads always spoils it for the majority though

There was some kind of fight going on near out tents when we went to bed around 12 ish, no idea who is was and did not venture back out the tent to find out.
Old 29-06-2008, 09:11 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
Ste took me out my god he can drive, but admittedly i think him and Dave4x4 werent miles apart in their abilities!
cheers sarah, glad you enjoyed it!!

steve
Old 29-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

could those camping not find the bins either?was shocking seeing all that rubbish when we left,next year if you need a team to tidy up afterwards i know a very reliable company.
Old 29-06-2008, 09:17 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i made a right arse of the 0-60 in the 328i just for a laugh i gave it a bash ,revved to 6k dropped clutch and left stepped on the brake and the fukn thing died???????????/twice

doesnt do that in the cossie was a joke only seen a 8.1/2
Old 29-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Col was that you in the green beemer?
Old 29-06-2008, 09:33 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

yeah mate
Old 29-06-2008, 09:34 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

I had a quality weekend, and my Ł500 sierra did me proud on track. As for the camping we were on our own at the bottom on friday night, but sat night was jammers, had a good few beers with the gallacher boys, big up the parrot!!!!!!!!!!.
The camping area was an absolute tip when we left though.
But it was a quality weekend, roll on next year!
Old 29-06-2008, 09:34 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

apparenyly you need to push and hold the asc button otherwise the car wont do what its told

seen you on track gary looked good mate
Old 30-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Slevin Kelevra

saw a totally mint white Mk1 (i think) on the 0-60, was one of my fave cars of the weekend
Old 30-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra
saw a totally mint white Mk1 (i think) on the 0-60, was one of my fave cars of the weekend

black bonnet? if so its cossied and for sale
Old 30-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Am i not the only 1 that was slightly dissapointed with this years show, now dont get me wrong it was obviously well organised and still a good show. However i thought it was half as busy as previous years and the fact that the fords on track were out numbered 3-1 by other marques. Dont get me wrong i like watching anything on track wether it be a battered old sierra xr4x4 or a mental evo as its all fun but imo thi years show waas more a gathering of car enthusiasts than ford rs enthusiasts. What i'm trying to say i think is that if there was only ford rs's alowed on track then it would have been dead.

I cant comment on the saturday as i was at a wedding but on the sunday was a little dissapointing imo i almost forgot though fucking fair play to paul for getting his 500 on track and giving it some stick cause thats what there made for imo not wrapping in cotton wool and i hope that what ever was up with it is minor and it'll all be sorted soon
Old 30-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

A lot of the RS owners have different track cars...so they can take what they like on track.

I thought the mix of cars was good this year...
Old 30-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dingy
A lot of the RS owners have different track cars...so they can take what they like on track.

the audi sounded great,

next year i will definatly get my act together and be there with a car on the track,pissed off i could have made it on saturday.
Old 30-06-2008, 06:06 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dingy

4 of us in our pit garage have rs's but had our track cars out to play
thought the mix of cars was great, can't fault the track side of the weekend at al it ran perfectly IMO

steve
Old 30-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

propperly gutted i didnt get on the track in my saff, now i gotta fix the bottom end knock too, yet more cost..... i can see an R32GTR on the horizon if i keep having to shell out money on stupid things that break for no reason!

Sean
Old 30-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Micky
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im only home about 90 minutes ago!!But I want to thank everyone from Durham & Derby Groups who organised the weekend,it was brillant,really very well run.And everyone I met were just so nice,easy to chat too and no bullsh*t.My car ran very very well for both days,and only suffered one fault,a blow rad hose,but that was at the end of Sunday resulting in me missing one session only.Andy R was in the passenger seat at the time,so Im blameing him!!!LOL I must admit,the sick feeling I got in my stomach went all the steam came into the car the second the hose split.I thought it was smoke,and just thought of the Ł1,000's of pounds it would cost to rebuild it!!Only got the engine built/mapped in April off Karl Norris.But Andy R very quickly said it was water,and when we found the split rad hose I was so happy it was a cheap repair I laughed and hugged him!!!But not in a gay way!!!! Met Dingy,Tim,Ollie,Linsay,Spiky,Andy R,Tony (Nuts R uS),Lambchop,the Youth (Steve),Paul Dalsy,Nick from FF,plus others whom I've forgotton,SORRY.Roll on Nat Day at Donno!!Regards,Micky
Old 30-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

just got in from work not had chance to post,i`m new to this would like to say me and my eldest really enjoyed sunday saw blacky`s 3.4 run,nice one fella saw it just after the guy in the white 3dr got a little excited on his 0-60 run and pulled his knob (gear) off and fluffed his run.shame they wouldnt let the R8 run though but rules is rules i suppose............
Old 30-06-2008, 08:21 PM
as355f1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
Am i not the only 1 that was slightly dissapointed with this years show, now dont get me wrong it was obviously well organised and still a good show. However i thought it was half as busy as previous years and the fact that the fords on track were out numbered 3-1 by other marques. Dont get me wrong i like watching anything on track wether it be a battered old sierra xr4x4 or a mental evo as its all fun but imo thi years show waas more a gathering of car enthusiasts than ford rs enthusiasts. What i'm trying to say i think is that if there was only ford rs's alowed on track then it would have been dead.

I cant comment on the saturday as i was at a wedding but on the sunday was a little dissapointing imo i almost forgot though fucking fair play to paul for getting his 500 on track and giving it some stick cause thats what there made for imo not wrapping in cotton wool and i hope that what ever was up with it is minor and it'll all be sorted soon
think you are the only one mate, the place was buzzing
Old 30-06-2008, 08:46 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by sportvanman
just got in from work not had chance to post,i`m new to this would like to say me and my eldest really enjoyed sunday saw blacky`s 3.4 run,nice one fella saw it just after the guy in the white 3dr got a little excited on his 0-60 run and pulled his knob (gear) off and fluffed his run.shame they wouldnt let the R8 run though but rules is rules i suppose............
cheers i wasnt letting the lad in the skyline take the glory lol
ye it was a shame the R8 didnt run would have been nice to see the van being faster than that to lol
along with a lambo & bently lol
Old 30-06-2008, 08:55 PM
COS 22

we can never please everyone !!

camsite was a disgrace and yes our guys have to clean it up !

as for people attatchimg themselves to the cleveland group YOU need to sort that out !

if there is camping for anyone next year,( and the way i feel right now there wont be )

it will only be pre booked and RSOC MEMBERS ONLY

what i am disgraced at is the lack of respect people have for us when we put our heart and souls into the show and people just come ad think cos they have paid Ł 15 they have the right to trash the place !!

and if they twat who trashed the audi is reading this i hope you hit a fookin tree on the way home you tosser

regards

Dave Easton
Croft show organiser
Old 30-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I agree with Alps me and a few of my mates thought it was quiet this year. There wasnt as many cars on show this year compared to last year. As i said on the second page of this thread about there not been many fords on track.Well done blacky again for upsetting the bloke who drove both the lambo and the bentley.3.4 0 to 60 now thats bloody fast.
Old 30-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I seen the Audi on the sunday morning when i arrived at croft and i thought that looks like a fresh bump. I feel sorry for you who ever you are Audi driver.
Old 30-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by COS 22
as for people attatchimg themselves to the cleveland group YOU need to sort that out !
Unfortunately they were told on more than one occasion but wouldnt listen

however the point was raised that there were numerous other groups making as much noise and playing music all night, not that this is acceptable either but the group that attached to us were not the only ones being a nuisance.

Sarah
Old 30-06-2008, 09:08 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by COS 22
we can never please everyone !!

camsite was a disgrace and yes our guys have to clean it up !

if there is camping for anyone next year,( and the way i feel right now there wont be )

it will only be pre booked and RSOC MEMBERS ONLY

what i am disgraced at is the lack of respect people have for us when we put our heart and souls into the show and people just come ad think cos they have paid Ł 15 they have the right to trash the place !!

and if they twat who trashed the audi is reading this i hope you hit a fookin tree on the way home you tosser

regards

Dave Easton
Croft show organiser

i turned up on sunday morning not knowing where i was going to park the van for the day. i went to see my mate kirky on the northeast stand to find there had been bother over night & i wouldnt be able to leave it there. as it happened as i drove past the tyne & wear stand they shouted me over & let me put it on the frontof there stand.

not sure what had went on only that it involved none members of the RSOC & spoilt it for other's
i was thinking of camping even though i live less than 15 miles away glad i didnt now. its the first time i have been to this show & had a great weekend would be a shame to loose the event
Old 30-06-2008, 09:23 PM
COS 22

its a real shame

the few idiots spoil it for the many genuine people

we know who caused the trouble

hopefully tommorrow we will have details of the offending audi as well

as for not being as busy as last year ??

track was still full, 0- 60 was as busy

there were more local group cars, same visiting cars, 5 more in concours, 2 traders less!

as for people through the door, very similar to last year

glad the majority enjoyed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 30-06-2008, 09:26 PM
graham c
PassionFord Post Whore!!

some people were kickin off near me dont no which lot it woz tho ? and i will say thanks 2 the lads which help me get in2 my car after the girl friend locked the keys in !
Old 30-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

whats the story with the audi?

not the rs4/6 was it?
Old 30-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Dave_YD
Regular Contributor

i thought it was a great show, always is....i was there in a black scoob giving it some 0-60 abuse...shame about people spoiloing it 4 every1 else though
Old 30-06-2008, 09:52 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

We were camped at the hawthorn/clervaux end of the circuit all weekend, friday night we were all alone, sat night the place was rammed. Only bother i seen was when the blue astra was doing burnouts and a couple of people took offence and tried to rip the guys head off. I stepped in and sorted it out, but there was a tense atmosphere. By the time we left at 2.30 on sunday the place was like a bombsite! I hope camping will still be available for track entrants next year, as coming up on the friday and camping out was a godsend, compared to having a 2 hour journey early sat morning.

Quick Reply: Official croft topic