General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Printer Rant!

Search this Thread

Old 15-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Printer Rant!

Sneaky Rip off Merchants!

I had to replace my printer, it was an epson because A) it broke and B) the ink shot up in price.

So i hunted around and found a brother printer, all in one 50 quid.,bargain! Right, found the ink for 1.34 per pot,(normally 20quid for four), it uses four different colours. black/m/y/c!

For my printing needs, I only need black. I ran out last week, bought some. For some reason i've haven't used the m/c/y colours-but they've ran out! +the printer won't let me print because they've ran out!
I guessed i wasn't the first to find this out, so i don'e a search and this is what came back!

Title:
Can I print using only the black ink cartridge when the Color cartridges have run out?
Description:

No, your Brother machine is designed to stop ALL printing operations when any of the ink cartridges are empty. This is to ensure the life of the print head and maintain premium print quality. If the unit were to continue printing, print jobs and cleaning cycles would suck air from the empty cartridge and damage the print head. The only way to continue printing is to replace the empty ink cartridge(s).

TWOTS!

Anyone recommend a printer? I can't be arsed replacing four inks, three of which dissappear and I don't use!
Old 16-06-2008, 04:35 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i've got the smae problem

AND

to compaound matters, if i don't use proper epsom printer cartridges, it won't work as it doesn't recognize other brands
Old 16-06-2008, 05:16 AM
cossie500
To Queef is not right

Was in my local morrisons the other day and at the till they had some lexmark all in one printer, scanner, copier's for Ł30, my hp thing was so expensive for cartridges and seemed to run out every other week even after no use, this lexmark has been great, not sure on the price of the cartridges though.
Old 16-06-2008, 05:30 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a HP psc 950 four in one, it does COLOUR faxes(I need) but the ink is bloody expensive, if I didn't need colour faxes I would just buy a new printer each time!!
tabetha
Old 16-06-2008, 07:33 AM
saphycozzie-adz
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

sorry m8. lexmark are as much hp carts if not more. epson are the way to go. get a dx4400 and use print rite carts. around Ł2.50 each (takes 4) these printers work best if you use the after market carts for the start, not the epsons you get with it.
Old 16-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Just get a B&W Laser

Old 16-06-2008, 11:53 AM
tsutton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Go laser!

Yes it's expensive but works out cheaper in the long run.