General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

shearer to wednesday..

Search this Thread

Old 15-06-2008 | 05:59 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Default shearer to wednesday..

this is one of them storys i hope is true, if the Sheff Wednesday take over happens wich apparently is 75% there ( just waiting on last board member ) then he will become the manager with 20m to spend lets hope the papers and radio are right on this one....
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:01 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Don't be daft. He just turned down blackburn, so why would he go to a Championship team?
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:02 PM
Rab

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/7452427.stm

Thats all it says.....
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:03 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Rab
Don't be daft. He just turned down blackburn, so why would he go to a Championship team?
he wants to go into management why would he turn down newcastle ? maybe he doesn't want to start at the top, championship and money behind him would be a perfect start imo
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:06 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

up the owls

I think the article in the new of the world says this but, the take over is takin ages, were sleeping giants and if shearer did take us to the top, look how big a club we are.

Wedsneday till i die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:09 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Makes sence... He said the other night on the beeb he had other comitments, and he also said he didn't think he was ready for such a big club... he never said he wasn't ready to go into management.
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:15 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah ha ha ha ha you daft cunt,do you honestly think.......fuck me ! why would he want to give up his cushy little life "on the panel" and let himself in for more grief of the media, the press tried for years to knock him of his pedestal but he kept them at bay by scoring goals,relying on HIMSELF to score them, problem with being a manager is youre putting your fate in the hands of players, and no fuckin way is Alan Shearer putting his fate in the hands of some lowly championship team,it may look like shearer is waiting for a lesser job than newcastle to "break himself" into management but the truth is he was ready before keegan took over just Ashley didnt trust him by himself,therefore he will wait till Keegan steps down and in the meantime build himself a nice BBC career.
Sorry to be so blunt but hell will freeze over before Shearer takes over at Sheff Wed!! LOL

Trending Topics

Old 15-06-2008 | 06:16 PM
Rab

Originally Posted by danneth
he wants to go into management why would he turn down newcastle ? maybe he doesn't want to start at the top, championship and money behind him would be a perfect start imo
If I recall right, he said he'd prefer to go and get all his coaching qualifications first, and he is still committed to being a pundit for the BBC. I reckon 2 or 3 years and he'll be a manager though.

Old 15-06-2008 | 06:16 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yep i heard it on the news today. Sounds like a very good move for both him and wednesday! It should be interesting to see what happens if it definatly goes ahead.
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:17 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

i hate newcastle united there shite
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:19 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Ah ha ha ha ha you daft cunt,do you honestly think.......fuck me ! why would he want to give up his cushy little life "on the panel" and let himself in for more grief of the media, the press tried for years to knock him of his pedestal but he kept them at bay by scoring goals,relying on HIMSELF to score them, problem with being a manager is youre putting your fate in the hands of players, and no fuckin way is Alan Shearer putting his fate in the hands of some lowly championship team,it may look like shearer is waiting for a lesser job than newcastle to "break himself" into management but the truth is he was ready before keegan took over just Ashley didnt trust him by himself,therefore he will wait till Keegan steps down and in the meantime build himself a nice BBC career.
Sorry to be so blunt but hell will freeze over before Shearer takes over at Sheff Wed!! LOL
i knew this was a shit post after the first line, then i got to this comment

please explain " how he was ready " to take over newcastle
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:20 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Roy Keane and Gareth Southgate,Steve Bruce all of them went in at the top,hasnt realy done them any harm has it,realy Shearer aint going into the Championship,I half thought he may be tempted with Blackburn but when he knocked them back I can only see him at Newcastle in a couple of years with Ashleys billions LOL
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:25 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i knew this was a shit post after the first line, then i got to this comment

please explain " how he was ready " to take over newcastle

Because on North East news before Keegan he was saying if I get the call from Ashley I will definately be interested to speak to him, problem was Ashley wanted him to be Keegans assistant with a view to him taking over,unfortunately Shearer wouldnt play second to Keegan and decided to "finish his coaching badges first". Its common knowledge up here TBH
Old 15-06-2008 | 06:28 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Because on North East news before Keegan he was saying if I get the call from Ashley I will definately be interested to speak to him, problem was Ashley wanted him to be Keegans assistant with a view to him taking over,unfortunately Shearer wouldnt play second to Keegan and decided to "finish his coaching badges first". Its common knowledge up here TBH

but how he is ready to manage a massive club????
Old 15-06-2008 | 08:23 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i hope he goes there, one boring wanker to lead a set of boring wankers
Old 15-06-2008 | 09:00 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Tangodeltasierra3

Oh abusing The sheffielders. pmsl

come on fight!!!!! come on fight me boy!!!

hang on a see ur from barnsley im really PMSL now
Old 15-06-2008 | 09:07 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

It's all a misunderstanding, he simply said " i'm going to Sheffield Wednesday, not on friday..." etc etc etc

Old 15-06-2008 | 11:04 PM
ric77

I used to live in Hillsborough so I kind of like Wedesday but I dont think Shearer wnts to get into mangement at all yet.

He'll be on a nice contract with the beeb and will no doubt enjoy the golf course too much.

I'd be really surpried if this happened, good for you guys if it does tho!
Old 15-06-2008 | 11:09 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED

Originally Posted by bud-weis
It's all a misunderstanding, he simply said " i'm going to Sheffield Wednesday, not on friday..." etc etc etc

fpmsl
Old 15-06-2008 | 11:18 PM
RSCAT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Roy Keane and Gareth Southgate,Steve Bruce all of them went in at the top,hasnt realy done them any harm has it,realy Shearer aint going into the Championship,I half thought he may be tempted with Blackburn but when he knocked them back I can only see him at Newcastle in a couple of years with Ashleys billions LOL

think youll find keano didnt start at the top, he started bottom of the championship, after quinny lost his only 5 games in management.

ashleys billions? hes had two clear transfer windows to spend some of his cash and hes failed miserably, more interested in reducing the wage bill than buying players. If he doesnt
put his cash where his gob is this summer then i think you can forget about kaka and villa for the forseable
Old 15-06-2008 | 11:19 PM
RSCAT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i hope he goes there, one boring wanker
dont know you, but i like you already
Old 16-06-2008 | 03:33 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSCAT
think youll find keano didnt start at the top, he started bottom of the championship, after quinny lost his only 5 games in management.

ashleys billions? hes had two clear transfer windows to spend some of his cash and hes failed miserably, more interested in reducing the wage bill than buying players. If he doesnt
put his cash where his gob is this summer then i think you can forget about kaka and villa for the forseable

Yeah but sunderland were a sleeping giant so to speak,hence where they are now
Old 16-06-2008 | 03:40 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i wondered why he would give up the highly paid BBC pundits job and go into management, but i think its because he is footty through and through and wants to be a real part of it and not just talking about it.

otherwise he wouldnt have bothered doing his coaching badges.

he seems to want to start off in a lesser club, otherwise why turn down blackburn. i think he really wanted to be keegans right hand man at newcastle, and be brought into premiership management that way.

i dont think it did southgate (or boro) any favours being thrown in at the deep end.
Old 16-06-2008 | 04:29 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

couldn't agree more, suppose been the biggest club in yorkshire for so long would get abit boring
Old 16-06-2008 | 04:40 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

ALAN SHEARER is wanted as manager of Sheffield Wednesday — by the consortium bidding to take over at Hillsborough.
The Championship side confirmed on Friday they had received an approach for the club.
And SunSport can reveal Shearer has been sounded out by the potential buyers to be new Owls boss.
Shearer is waiting to see if the buyout comes off before making any commitments — but has not ruled out replacing Brian Laws.
It is believed Russian billionaire Vladimir Yevtushenkov, a telecom tycoon, is putting up the cash to buy Wednesday.
But the deal is being brokered by Geoff Sheard, a Lancashire businessman.
Yevtushenkov is the world’s 72nd richest man and would give Shearer a limitless budget to play with.
Around Ł60m has been earmarked for the purchase with a Ł250m investment being made over the next five years.
A source close to Shearer said: “Alan knows what’s going on and that the new people want him.”

“Once it’s done, the new owners believe they can convince Shearer to replace Brian Laws as manager. That is likely to be within days rather than weeks.”
Shearer has made no secret of his desire to go into management at the right club and is reckoned to be certain to return to Newcastle eventually.
But he’s always said he’d rather cut his teeth in a less high profile position, away from the pressure of the Premier League.

Last edited by danneth; 16-06-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 16-06-2008 | 04:44 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yawn!!
Old 16-06-2008 | 05:02 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i will make a 100 pound bet with you danneth, then if you think you actually have a chance,
Old 16-06-2008 | 05:06 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Yawn!!
dont like it dont post pretty simple really
Old 16-06-2008 | 05:07 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

i will make a 100 pound bet with you danneth, then if you think you actually have a chance,

if i was a betting man i would take you up on this my brother works for the biggest betting company about and when he gets the bets that cant lose i still wont bet on them even though he rings me after to tell me how much hes won
Old 16-06-2008 | 05:12 PM
benporter
Advanced PassionFord User

shearer @ shef wed? LOL no chance
Old 16-06-2008 | 05:19 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if i was a betting man i would take you up on this my brother works for the biggest betting company about and when he gets the bets that cant lose i still wont bet on them even though he rings me after to tell me how much hes won
That just translates to me as " Realy I know shearer wouldnt piss on Sheff Wed but it was nice to bring it up and make it look like we had a chance
Old 16-06-2008 | 05:21 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

That just translates to me as " Realy I know shearer wouldnt piss on Sheff Wed but it was nice to bring it up and make it look like we had a chance
how is that so? ive just told you i get the chance to take easy money quite often but dont because im not into betting or am i missing something

i never said it would be a cert he would but be very nice so if i wouldn't bet on something thats set in stone why would i go for a 50.50

please think before hitting the submit button
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:14 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

pmsl, Mr brainpot, u wud be so jelous if we got him. even though i wud rather keep laws, well i dnt mind really.
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:14 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by m_nettleship
pmsl, Mr brainpot, u wud be so jelous if we got him. even though i wud rather keep laws, well i dnt mind really.
same would be nice, but the main priority IMO is to get the takeover done
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:22 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by m_nettleship
Yeah cause youre flying with Laws at the minute arent you!
Get over it lads,he aint comin,he`s staying with the Beeb, why do think Alan Hansen,Andy Gray etc have never flickered over management matters,cause the Beeb look after them so much they wouldnt bother themselves with the hassle of day to day management
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:23 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Yeah cause youre flying with Laws at the minute arent you!
Get over it lads,he aint comin,he`s staying with the Beeb, why do think Alan Hansen,Andy Gray etc have never flickered over management matters,cause the Beeb look after them so much they wouldnt bother themselves with the hassle of day to day management

numnuts

"Shearer has made no secret of his desire to go into management at the right club and is reckoned to be certain to return to Newcastle eventually.
But he’s always said he’d rather cut his teeth in a less high profile position, away from the pressure of the Premier League."
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:26 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He wil stay with the Beeb for a few yrs and see how the Keegan situation develops I think
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:26 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Who? Which teams that?
Old 16-06-2008 | 06:28 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Who? Which teams that?

got something for you somewhere

Old 16-06-2008 | 06:47 PM
benporter