General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ANOTHER Sky TV post (adult channels)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANOTHER Sky TV post (adult channels)

Whats up with sky recently

When just flicking thru the channels any mildly adult content program, you know some film on ch4 or sumit, bit of swearing, tits out type stuff, pretty mild, BUT it makes you put a pass code in to watch it, which is ok as I know my code bet alot of peeps dont , but when you say flick to ch4 but then want to go to say 251 you cant just input the channel number cos it taks it as you are trying to input a code, so you then have to put the code in and then once watching the program you dont want to, you can then enter your channel number, so 7 keystrokes so far and if it happens to be the same another 7 just to find a proram you wanna watch .

Have checked my settings and havent got any sort of parental control on , is this some new wonderfull software my box downloaded, that someone somewhere thinks I need censoring on what I watch , normally after any watershed, so guess that what it is.

If it is happening and ive just not missed some obvious setting, how do I stop it from asking for a code, I just wanna watch my TV with out being interfered with

Steve
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 PM
escos-jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1
Whats up with sky recently

When just flicking thru the channels any mildly adult content program, you know some film on ch4 or sumit, bit of swearing, tits out type stuff, pretty mild, BUT it makes you put a pass code in to watch it, which is ok as I know my code bet alot of peeps dont , but when you say flick to ch4 but then want to go to say 251 you cant just input the channel number cos it taks it as you are trying to input a code, so you then have to put the code in and then once watching the program you dont want to, you can then enter your channel number, so 7 keystrokes so far and if it happens to be the same another 7 just to find a proram you wanna watch .

Have checked my settings and havent got any sort of parental control on , is this some new wonderfull software my box downloaded, that someone somewhere thinks I need censoring on what I watch , normally after any watershed, so guess that what it is.

If it is happening and ive just not missed some obvious setting, how do I stop it from asking for a code, I just wanna watch my TV with out being interfered with

Steve
just prees backup to clear the dode bar then typ the channel you want
Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by escos-jim
just prees backup to clear the dode bar then typ the channel you want

ok thats easier

BUT I still dont want to have to do it , wanna just be able to surf and see what is on quickly and if i like the looks of a program watch it if i dont carry on surfing, not fuck about entering codes just to see if i wanna watch it

Steve
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
The Rapid 1

OK just "fixed" it

Unplugged box for ten seconds and retested on a channel that was asking for a code, and now it aint, same program on

So fuck knows why it started doing that

Oh well it least it wernt a setting wrong some where lol

Steve
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's a watershed thing
which is why they can show films like robocop at 3 in teh afternoon when you've got nothing better to do on a teusday afternoon