General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Hamilton to be penalised 10 places

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:34 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay.
i disagree to a certain extent hes not the bad that he couldnt drive a greased stick up a cows arse but i think theres more talent on the grid , hes in a hill/villunerve situ where both drivers that were just ok had cars which made them look like gods , when he can win a championship in a poor car like shuey did then hype comes real imo
Didn't he jump straight in with a world champion, and embarrass him in the same car?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

when u hit someone from behind, it's ALWAYS your fault!

end of, Questions??.....NONE!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What a knob look: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...09112856.shtml

Saying he is not happy? It was all your fault boy!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Proof that Lewis's Lack of experience and Talent caused his crash

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbPGZCEzIQ

you can CLEALY see the red light on the end of the pit lane, he has Hours to react but doesnt bother - even if he had total brake failure and was unable to stop he still had MILES of room to swerve around the driver infront.

dumbass - he needs to get more training.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris_23
For those saying Hamilton is an idiot and doesnt know what his doing you have to look at what he had to contend with at the time of the incident.

1. Making sure he pulled away at the right time out of his pit stop.
2. Making sure he didn’t hit Rosberg as he pulled out.
3. Watching what was going on with Raikkonen/Kubica in front of him.
4. Realising his lead has just been taken from him.
5. Seeing and reacting to the red light.
6. Cars in front not having Brake Lights.
7. Getting ready to disengage his Pit speed Limiter.

Now from my point of view that is a hell of a lot of things to be thinking about in less than 5secs and would be very easy to do what he did in those circumstances.
for someone with as much "talent" and geting paid so much he's got to move to a different country to avoid tax, you would have thought he'd have been on the ball and not been caught out like a rookie
Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Didn't he jump straight in with a world champion, and embarrass him in the same car?
no, he had the experience of a double world champion and a worl champion contending teams car to use which made him look so good
as soon as the double world champ stoped feeding him crucial info his times tumbled a noticable degree

so not as simple as you are making out

it's like saing anyone can get around teh top gear test track faster than the stig if the stig tells you where to go and where to brake and how to set your car up, doing it on your own shows up the inexperience the lads got
Old 09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That's bollocks, you could have schumacher telling you how to drive a car and track for 10 years, but there's no substitute for going out and doing it.
In this scenario, he wouldn't be as quick as schumacher, nowhere near.
Think of trying to teach someone the clutch biting point, until they try it to see what's what, they won't get it, no matter who the teacher.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Kris_23
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by dojj
no, he had the experience of a double world champion and a worl champion contending teams car to use which made him look so good
as soon as the double world champ stoped feeding him crucial info his times tumbled a noticable degree

so not as simple as you are making out

it's like saing anyone can get around teh top gear test track faster than the stig if the stig tells you where to go and where to brake and how to set your car up, doing it on your own shows up the inexperience the lads got
Yes but did Alonso/Raikkonen do this in their respective first year in the sport?

No They didnt, The drivers that Hamilton is contending for the title with have atleast 3/4 years of experiance over him in F1.

You are making it out as if the boy is shit when its clear to every one in the world that he is a World class driver, You dont get into F1 by luck and you certainly dont miss out on a world championship by only 1 point in your first year by luck either.

Yes he has made a few mistakes but still doesnt take away the fact he is one of the best 22 drivers in the world and will one day be World champion.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:50 AM
dojj

i've nenevr said he hasn't got talent
he's got it by the bucketload

i think you are confusing me with the gu with his dad's 335 beemer

but i do agree with a lot of peole on here and not out in the world of glamourous tv-land that he's still a bit green around the gills and hot around the head
Old 09-06-2008, 12:20 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

For those saying that he had lots of other things to think about - that is one of the reasons he gets paid the amount he does!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Kris_23

Originally Posted by James90RS
For those saying that he had lots of other things to think about - that is one of the reasons he gets paid the amount he does!!

And he does exactly what he is paid for on the track. The mistakes he has made in his short career in F1 have been due to circumstances off of the track.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:56 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by James90RS
And he does exactly what he is paid for on the track. The mistakes he has made in his short career in F1 have been due to circumstances off of the track.
well, both his pit lane escapades have not been on a track
the wall's certainly are "on" the track either, they "surround" the track from the spectators

any other excuses that we can come up with
Old 09-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

interesting opinions
be interested to hear your tales of bumping into things whilst not in an f1 race,the garden wall, that lamp post on tesco car park ,the tesco trolley someone left on a 2 acre car park your own wheely bin that you just put there.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Dont make silly excuses up for the idiot, if it had been Raikkonen who had ploughed into the back of Hamilton you'd have all been calling for the death penalty
Old 09-06-2008, 02:25 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ
interesting opinions
be interested to hear your tales of bumping into things whilst not in an f1 race,the garden wall, that lamp post on tesco car park ,the tesco trolley someone left on a 2 acre car park your own wheely bin that you just put there.
i ahevn't hit anything whilst "manovering" but my dad bent the drivers side of the 3 door 2 days after it had come out of the bodyshop after a full respray because he was in a hurry to get somewhere and i was going to give him a lift
so he reversed the car, into the garage wall, then parked it up again and came back inside
i saw the damage and went batshit at him
"it wasn't me, and anyway, it's only a car, i'm late" :t iff:

Originally Posted by A J
Dont make silly excuses up for the idiot, if it had been Raikkonen who had ploughed into the back of Hamilton you'd have all been calling for the death penalty
Old 09-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Kris_23

Originally Posted by dojj
well, both his pit lane escapades have not been on a track
the wall's certainly are "on" the track either, they "surround" the track from the spectators

any other excuses that we can come up with

No excuses, You obviously dont like the fella, and i'm the opposite, Have been watching F1 for ten years and last year and this year have certainly been more exciting and i think a hell of a lot of that is due to Hamilton.

I'm not making excuses just merely stating why i think his is an excellent driver even though he made a mistake yesterday.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:39 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Its done and dusted roll on the next race in Magny cours then the Mighty Silverstone.!

PS. Great result for Coulthard he deserved a podium finish.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN

PS. Great result for Coulthard he deserved a podium finish.
bout time.he deserves some luck.he is one of those drvers that are really good but never seem to get a beak form unreliabily/accidents
Old 09-06-2008, 05:15 PM
dojj

No excuses, You obviously dont like the fella, and i'm the opposite, Have been watching F1 for ten years and last year and this year have certainly been more exciting and i think a hell of a lot of that is due to Hamilton.

I'm not making excuses just merely stating why i think his is an excellent driver even though he made a mistake yesterday.
i've never said i don't like the young lad, but i've got fairly sick, fairly rapidly about everyone wanting to suck him off because he's british
Old 09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
edd
Advanced PassionFord User

once hamilscum stops talking about himself and senna in the same breath i'll get a lot more respect for him. he is a big headed cunt.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Im so glad there are other people out there that think like myself.

1. He lost his own championship by driving like a lunatic boy racer in a big boys game.
2. He endagers countless lives and at least careers with his stupidity and just lack of sensibility.
3. Hes a big headed knob
4. Put button in a mclaren when ferraris are not running as fast in the same season and see if he f**ks up the opertunity hamilton was given.

Sorry to come accross so against young british talent but he is the only one i disaproove of, I support all other young english talent just not him.

I get it constantly from my stepdad "hamiltons the best driver to have ever lived" Me thinks not.... He has prooved nothing yet in my opinion other than being a half decent driver in a really really really good car...

Now ferraris are better this year than last he has a problem

I reckon he has blown his chance of superstar status (to be mentioned alongside senna mansell prost and schuey) And others!!!!

I didnt want to get stressed out thats why i said (typical hamilton) but im encouraged by other people having some of the same views.

Thought everyone would be brown nosing him.

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 09-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

didn't see the race yesterday, but just watched higlights on itvf1.com (all 2':30" of it ).

what a move by massa
Old 09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
didn't see the race yesterday, but just watched higlights on itvf1.com (all 2':30" of it ).

what a move by massa
possibly the best overtake in the last 2 years.or at least on a par with sato's pass on alonso last year
Old 09-06-2008, 07:14 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Im so glad there are other people out there that think like myself.

1. He lost his own championship by driving like a lunatic boy racer in a big boys game.
2. He endagers countless lives and at least careers with his stupidity and just lack of sensibility.
3. Hes a big headed knob
4. Put button in a mclaren when ferraris are not running as fast in the same season and see if he f**ks up the opertunity hamilton was given.

Sorry to come accross so against young british talent but he is the only one i disaproove of, I support all other young english talent just not him.

I get it constantly from my stepdad "hamiltons the best driver to have ever lived" Me thinks not.... He has prooved nothing yet in my opinion other than being a half decent driver in a really really really good car...

Now ferraris are better this year than last he has a problem

I reckon he has blown his chance of superstar status (to be mentioned alongside senna mansell prost and schuey) And others!!!!

I didnt want to get stressed out thats why i said (typical hamilton) but im encouraged by other people having some of the same views.

Thought everyone would be brown nosing him.

love comments like this " half decent "
Old 09-06-2008, 08:08 PM
northerner

Yes but did Alonso/Raikkonen do this in their respective first year in the sport?

No They didnt, The drivers that Hamilton is contending for the title with have atleast 3/4 years of experiance over him in F1.

You are making it out as if the boy is shit when its clear to every one in the world that he is a World class driver, You dont get into F1 by luck and you certainly dont miss out on a world championship by only 1 point in your first year by luck either.

Yes he has made a few mistakes but still doesnt take away the fact he is one of the best 22 drivers in the world and will one day be World champion.

Yes he is good but how good remains to be seen. His driving at times, has been questionable but he does appear to have lady luck on his side, like Schumi did.

Also, dont forget that McLaren had bankrolled Hamilton for years, probably not only for his skill but also his marketability.

One last point - It always amazes me how many people slate Damon Hill. During his career he had beaten Mansell, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen & Villeneuve to win races. All World Champions during their careers. He nearly won with an Arrows and gave Jordan their first win.

IIRC - Murray Walker said he would include Hill in his dream team which is praise from the man who knows everything about F1!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I'd hardly say the Mclaren is an 'awesome' car....the BMW is just as good imo, the ferrari obviously is as good and some of the other cars aren't too far off.

I'd love to see some of you lot have to drive an F1 car in an F1 situation...he's sat in the pits waiting for the GO board, there are cars whizzing by, he needs to press all sorts of buttons on the steering wheel whilst keeping an eye on the race..

He probably took his eye off for 1sec MAX...which made him crash, easy to do and it's only his fault..but i don't get the criticism?

As said above he jumped into the same car as World Champion Fernando Alonso and was immediately competitive, that in itself shows he's an amazing talent!

He will without doubt be a World Champion, probably 2 or 3 times over and prove he's not as bad as you all think he is!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Why doesn't he just shut up

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...10140621.shtml
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

hamilton:In quotes published in the British press on Monday, the former championship leader also dismisses the current rule whereby traffic lights indicate whether the pitlane is open or closed as "silly."
has the cunt got a licence to drive as to dismiss that as silly is beyond belief

hamilton: "We are in a race. How can you see a red light at the end of the pit lane?" he asked.
well fuckin kimi see it
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by edd
once hamilscum stops talking about himself and senna in the same breath i'll get a lot more respect for him. he is a big headed cunt.
too fucking right, when watching monaco i said to the missus, if hamilton and senna( )are mentioned in the same sentance again the remote is going through the TV

to be fair though its mostly the commentators doing the comparing, they should be shot
Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by swerv
too fucking right, when watching monaco i said to the missus, if hamilton and senna( )are mentioned in the same sentance again the remote is going through the TV

to be fair though its mostly the commentators doing the comparing, they should be shot

kill jame allen ! kill james allen! kill james allen !!