General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ronaldo off to Spain??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:15 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ronaldo off to Spain??

his latest gem to the media;

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

Tbh if i was a United fan i wouldn't be too bothered, i don't think he'll repeat the season he's had, in fact i'd bet someone elses house on it lol.

but the money from the transfer will replace him with 2 or 3 top top players!!

RONALDO, PLEASE STAY!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

interesting!

i hope he gets crocked at the euros
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

at the end of the day money talks if i was manc scum i'd be over the moon with £60 mill for that cry baby, could temp barca for messi with that kind of money !
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Fookin' ridiculous if you ask me, the money they get paid is bordering on immoral..... Call me jealous if you like Lol (I'd just settle for his bird)
Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 PM
escos-jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i've heard that they are willing to pay him 300K per week after tax!!!

That just takes the piss

It takes me 6 months to earn that!

Last edited by escos-jim; 05-06-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by escos-jim

That just takes the piss
Pounds or Euros?
Effectively 25 million a year considering tax, fuck me.
Can't see Fergie having any of it, hope not.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
escos-jim

pounds mate... just said it on the wireless.
if its true then its just wrong.... fifa need to put there foot down
i think.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 PM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

right............... so does that mean he wants to go then ?

matt
Old 05-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

He won't be going anywhere!

First of all he's contracted to Man U until 2012, secondly Fergie fucking hates Real as they poached Beckham and our fitness coach last summer! Thirdly, Even if Real make a bid, United have got to accept it which they won't, they'll sit the ungrateful cunt in the stand!

I think he's more than capable of repeating his season next year for United and I hope he does well at the Euro's too, saying that, he aint fucking worth 300k a week! NOBODY IS!
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Exactly what I wrote on FFOC:

Speaking as a United fan and as a football fan there are a few sayings and facts needing to be recalled here:

1) Tabloids are doing what tabloids do best.

2) Football nowadays is megabucks, not a game like back in the 60s and 70s.

3) Money talks.

In saying that, I have already made a few conclusions of my own. First of all, it's because it is Ronaldo, there is a huge amount of media hype surrounding the player and like I said, it's the tabloids doing what tabloids do best. I think it has been blown out of proportion again due to the fact that it is Ronaldo and not any other player.

The guy hasn't done himself any favours when he says one thing to ITV, something else to the BBC, something else to Sky Sports and somethign else to portuguese and spanish media etc. The guy is young, won everything with United and in my mind doesn't really know what he wants. I just hope he doesn't let the money go to his head and let his ego get in the way.

Even Barcelona are trying to rival Madrid (see manutd.com for story) for his signature. However, if his heart isn't at United, then let him go. I'd rather a lesser player give 100% every game then have Ronaldo giving 50-60% a game. I'm sure Nani would relish the chance of constant first team action and is a similar style of player to Ronaldo.
joel_winders

they should get rid of him now ... initial outlay 12 million, offered 60 million = profit of 48 million - wages !
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by slowpoke
right............... so does that mean he wants to go then ?

matt

Basically yes, he's saying if the money they have talked about in the press is actually offered formally, then he'd like to go to Madrid.

United have to make a decision on it, whether they want to accept £60-£100m for him, or if they keep him....i can't see them refusing that money but you never know.

United will NOT come out and see they want to sell him under any circumstances, as that will lower his price significantly.

as for £300k per week, i agree it's totally wrong salary caps should be in place really, but it's gone too far now.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hate the greasy weasel with a passion!!!

Great player though.....which makes me hate him more! lol
Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i dont think i will ever earn 300k in my whole lifetime
Old 05-06-2008, 02:44 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by pani_k

Even Barcelona are trying to rival Madrid (see manutd.com for story) for his signature. However, if his heart isn't at United, then let him go. I'd rather a lesser player give 100% every game then have Ronaldo giving 50-60% a game. I'm sure Nani would relish the chance of constant first team action and is a similar style of player to Ronaldo.
The impression i get is that he wants to play in Spain....it's probably hard for us as Brits to understand why he wants to go there instead of playing in the PL, but for him growing up in Portugal i bet Spanish football was all he watched as a kid, it's closer to home and i guess the language culture is much easier than over here.

He doesn't strike me as being the most loyal of people tbh.

If i were United i'd cash in 100%...he's going to another league and you'll get a massive fee for him.

I'd be much happier to see a top player at LFC go abroad than to a direct rival.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:47 PM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

isnt that why they let heinze go to real instead of you dirty reds ?

matt

Originally Posted by bud-weis
The impression i get is that he wants to play in Spain....it's probably hard for us as Brits to understand why he wants to go there instead of playing in the PL, but for him growing up in Portugal i bet Spanish football was all he watched as a kid, it's closer to home and i guess the language culture is much easier than over here.

He doesn't strike me as being the most loyal of people tbh.

If i were United i'd cash in 100%...he's going to another league and you'll get a massive fee for him.

I'd be much happier to see a top player at LFC go abroad than to a direct rival.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It just seems to be back and forth everyday, united say we are not going to sell, real say we are going to buy, and ronaldo just seems to skate around it and not say a lot. he has proved in the past he has no loyalty, remember when he got rooney sent off ?. i was talking to a united fan about it the other day, he said he doesn't think he can reproduce his form from last season, so it may be a good idea to sell him, i didnt take it as that though, i took it as im worried he's going to leave, so im gonna cover my back and start making my excuses in case he does leave. whether he is going to leave i have no idea, but he could stop all this back and forth bs by coming out and saying, im happy, and im not leaving, end of, like torres did when all the chelsea story's started last week, but ronaldo doesn't say a lot, and when he does, i wouldn't feel to reassured if i was a united fan.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:23 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

To be fair this Ronaldo story doesn't seem to go away, summer by summer it's still there in the same way as Hunterlaar or Torres to United was there for years but doesn't mean it will happen, or soon.

Anyone see the hour long interview with Ferguson and Sir David Frost on Sky? Ferguson said he wouldn't be going and they would sit him in the stands in they need to. Players need to be taught a lesson that they can't kick up a stink and make their contract worthless, he is on a 4 year one i think.

All this happened as well after he was scared to come back after the world cup but it didn't and he stayed but no player is above United, if we can survive after Beckham, Keane, Robson, Kanchelskis, Cantona etc leaving them i'm sure we can after Ronaldo too. I'd prefer him to stay however as no one said he would repeat that season performance and win the awards again but he has bettered it. He scored against every team but Man city.

Another point of the interview, Frost asked him something like "are you pleased with how thing have gone with the (double) Glaziers considering how things have gone at Liverpool with American owners?" Ferguson replies, "yes and long may it continue" with a big grin on his face. Classic.

Last edited by skeg; 05-06-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:14 PM
rickbartlett
G911 TTA

the players contracts are only there 2 guarantee their weekly wage,how many years they sign for doesnt make a difference cos they never honour the contracts.the players all no they can leave weneva the demand it.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
, they'll sit the ungrateful cunt in the stand!
:

Why should he be gratefull for something? Other way round surely?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're clearly the best league so need the best players to stay IMO, hard as that is to say about this jumped up ponce, but still....

Without ego management this tart is gonna piss away his career, amazing as he can play at his best, once they're bigger than club/fans in the head it spirals downhill. Only left with endorsements to keep em warm at night.

If he does go though fuckin' good riddance
Old 05-06-2008, 05:32 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm past caring, he can do as he likes.

As for 300k a week, thats fucking rediculous. It just shows that the world is a fucked up place, people starving and he's got more money than anyone could ever need
Old 05-06-2008, 06:25 PM
RickDraper

TBH i think they should sell him. Its a fucking disgrace the way this happens every summer with the sulky bastard and his refusal to commit his future to united. Flog him and cash in.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

he'll be off. no way united will let him sit in the stands. he's their main goalscorer and if he says he wants to go then he'll go. end of. he's worth far too much money not to get the money and strengthen.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joel_winders
at the end of the day money talks if i was manc scum i'd be over the moon with £60 mill for that cry baby, could temp barca for messi with that kind of money !

imo thats nothing for him, he won them the prem and the champs league how much was that worth
Old 05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think something a few people are forgetting. Can Real Madrid afford a minimum of £60,000,000 on a transfer fee and then at least another £75,000,000 in wages over 5 years? I think Ramon Calderon is up for re-election as president soon and this could be one of his pledges to get elected. Ream Madrid are saddled with debt of around £165 million already!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/1355780.stm

Real Madrid are also a club with little morals, unlike Barcelona who are respected the world over from the youth system through to the senior team. They have a fantastic style of play and I like the fact they dont carry a sponsor on the shirt (unicef is a charity) and you dont see them tapping up other clubs players through the media.

If Ronaldo goes I would rather he went to Barcelona as him on the right and Messi on the left would be some partnership and a joy to watch. If he does leave the premiership the league wont be the same in my opinion, to many avg englishmen playing in straight lines!

Last edited by tonyk; 05-06-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

i think Real are banking on him being a commercial goldmine....the way that Beckham was. This would cover his transfer fee in less than 18months no doubt.

They need to start producing in the CL again too to start clawing back some of that debt!

Calderon is a disgrace IMO, if it were Stevie G or any of the LFC players they were tapping up i'd be fuming, the guy is a grade A lying cunt!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Martin, If you look into it more why would Ronaldo give a Brazilian website an exclusive interview? I dont doubt he wants to play for them one day and I think he will leave at the end of his current deal or when Fergie goes. I personally reckon the Spanish media are stirring to try and unsettle him in the Euro 2008 tournament just like the English media unsettled Rooney for the previous world cup!!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 PM
chris85uk1
Regular Contributor

If United do sell ronaldo which i hope they dont, we couldnt get lionel messi as im sure he has a clause in his contract for a minimum release fee of something like 130million, but players like Ribery would certainly be an option!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

he will go if he wants to i wouldn't be surprised if they loaned him out if it gets that much of a problem. so he is tech still a Man Utd player but Real pay his wages.

BUT 1 cant blame him for wanting to go at the end of the day he's done the big things at Man Utd so new challenge. and 2 if you was a footballer you would want to play for the big clubs your Milans, Barc, Real, etc

i hope he stays for the prem. he is a shit hot player. i cant stand the cunt but he is class.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
ric77

I'm a Utd fan but I Im in no way blinkered about it all.

My take on this is that media and his advisors/agents around him are making his mind up for him, he's not wise enough or knowledgable enough on his own yet to make such a big career decision. They can see the hugh pay cheque coming, and at the end of the day, its now more a business than a sport.

By all means go, but its too early, 2 good seasons dont mean you have been proved as a true great as yet!

Loyalty means nowt these days Im afraid.

Last edited by ric77; 05-06-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That just takes the piss

It takes me 6 months to earn that!
300k ! 6 months ! wtf do you do ! do they need a apprentice
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
escos-jim

Originally Posted by J1mbo
300k ! 6 months ! wtf do you do ! do they need a apprentice
I sell a shit load of coke! no mate.... i mean a shit load
Got beek all over the place.

Only joking mate it'd take me most of my life to earn that gotta have adream tho eh. should ave paid more attention in PE classes.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sell a shit load of coke! no mate.... i mean a shit load
Got beek all over the place.

Only joking mate it'd take me most of my life to earn that gotta have adream tho eh. should ave paid more attention in PE classes.

haha if onlii . . . !
footballers are on way too much money we all work half our life for what some get in less than a month and all they do is act a little and kick a ball round !
unbeleivable
Old 05-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I hope he doesn't go & imo I doubt he will but if he does we'll survive we always have done & always will.

No players bigger than the club.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by A J
if he does we'll survive we always have done & always will.

No players bigger than the club.
Exactly my sentiments too

I just hope somebody older and wiser will sit him down, have a real long chat with him and let HIM decide for HIMSELF without the peer pressure and outside influence (but fat chance of that when you see the papers plastering it everywhere and on the net.)
Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by J1mbo
haha if onlii . . . !
footballers are on way too much money we all work half our life for what some get in less than a month and all they do is act a little and kick a ball round !
unbeleivable

I get sick an tired of hearing this to be honest. How many times, you get paid for ABILITY not for how much you ache at the end of the shift or how hard you feel you work.

It's the biggest sport in the world, generates huge money and they won the 2 biggest competitions with 76,000 all paying ££ each game to see it so the 11 football players should get what exactly, a fiver a game? It's not the activity of the job but the demand and skill level.

Should a supermarket shelf stacker who lifts shit all day get more than a computer programmer who uses just eyes, arse and fingers all day? No didn't think so.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

The fact that football is a multi billion pound business with sponsorships and revenue left, right and centre also comes into play
Old 06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tonyk
I think something a few people are forgetting. Can Real Madrid afford a minimum of £60,000,000 on a transfer fee and then at least another £75,000,000 in wages over 5 years? I think Ramon Calderon is up for re-election as president soon and this could be one of his pledges to get elected. Ream Madrid are saddled with debt of around £165 million already!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/1355780.stm
why are you posting a link thats 7 years old you muppet,Real have been the richest club in the world on and off for years. The only club that comes close to their Revenue and profit is Utd so fuck knows where your head is at
Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pani_k
The fact that football is a multi billion pound business with sponsorships and revenue left, right and centre also comes into play

Exactly, in the same way that the big/best film and music stars earn huge money. Footballers have to play and practice since they are children and still aren't guaranteed to make it to that level. Most jobs in the UK you don't practice since you're a child at it. If it was that "easy" every fucker would be doing it and earning that.

Quick Reply: Ronaldo off to Spain??