General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Black Cab drivers - what nice gents!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 07:13 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Default Black Cab drivers - what nice gents!

For some reason there has been a spate of break in's on black cabs recently - we get em in for screens and the odd door glass now fairly regulary, but in the last week or so have done a good thirty door glass replacements on all types of black cabs - Fairways, TX's (1, 2, 3 + 4) and Metrocabs, most in the same rough area, and have another FIVE on for tommorrow! All door glass break ins! Fuck knows why, just seems to be a thing for taxi's being broken into lately!

Anyway, I have done LOADS of em of ther last week or so, and I must admit, most of these taxi drivers/owners have been proper nice people! None of em are happy about having a windows popped, losing work while being off waiting for it to be rapaired, which is being hampered by the lack of supply as everyone wants glass for em (I say thirty or so, and thats just my branch! Other companies and branches will also be doing em no doubt!) and yet, nearly every one I have met with to replace their glass had a good moan about it, understandably, but were all really nice and most still, after wedging out anything between £50 and £100 for the glass, tipped me between £2 and £5 each! I've done abotu £30-£40 this week alone (since Saturday) - one guy even tipped me a fiver when all I did was fit a temporary perspex window cos his battery had died and couldn't operate the leccy windows! Went back the next day when it was charged and fitted the glass - got another tip! From the same guy!

Will deffo be remembering to tip cab drivers from now on!!!!!

That is all
Old 02-06-2008 | 07:25 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

They obviously earn too much lol.
Old 02-06-2008 | 07:46 PM
vx220
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Talking

i will try and be more considerate to them when they're stuck in the middle lane doing 45mph clogging up the a13!!!

"professional" drivers should know better...
Old 02-06-2008 | 07:51 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Rhys
They obviously earn too much lol.
Tell you what Rhys most people have no idea just how much money black cab drivers do earn honestly mate, you'll NEVER see a skint cabbie.
Old 02-06-2008 | 08:29 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Oh I don't know about that! The cabbies I speak to tell me money is getting harder and harder to earn these days! I was joking with one saying "you guys take what, £40k a year?" and he laughed so hard he dropped his drink! Said "yeah right! Be fucking lucky!!!!"
Old 02-06-2008 | 08:43 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by vx220
"professional" drivers should know better...
the number of cunts in cabs, minicabs, airport cars etc doing that as you say, they should be professional drivers and should have higher standards. same with van, minibus and bus drivers that do it as well. really boils my piss. they have nothing else to occupy their tiny minds, but can't even manage to do their job properly
Old 03-06-2008 | 10:24 AM
vx220
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
really boils my piss.

lol! that's gonna be my phrase of the day!
Old 03-06-2008 | 10:35 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mr S1
Tell you what Rhys most people have no idea just how much money black cab drivers do earn honestly mate, you'll NEVER see a skint cabbie.
clearly most people dont lol! My old mans a black Cabbie - he deffo isnt rich but works long hours - goes out around 6am and depending on his day sometimes wont be home till 9 or 10 in the evening. Illegal minicabs and those bike cabs/tuk tuks are ruining the trade for london cabbies that spend a minimum of 3 years learning their trade - cant say the same for the bike cabs or the illegal minicabs - but they still nick their trade. And 99% of people dont tip these days, but they do ask for a reciept!
Old 03-06-2008 | 06:19 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Lots of the Cabbies in inner cities earn their wedge and do well out of it , but concider that there are a limited number of "hackney licences" in Liverpool and these change hands for 56k each , plus those new TXs are 40k each , plus running costs and the amounts of wankers you do get in the back of there cars they do really EARN there money. It will be gettins alot harder to make money at the moment , until this week i was a Licenced private hire driver , and since about the end of novermber last year there has been a notisable slump in business.

It not a hard job you just have to have the patience of a saind and be able to tolerate idiots that presume because you drive a cab you too thick to do anything else - and does get massively boring

Im back doing what i was trained to do HGV mechanic
Old 03-06-2008 | 06:30 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Well there's always an exception isn't there

Went to do another TX cab door glass this morn, this time for a woman (well thats debateable - "she" had a tash ) and all she did was fucking moan I sat in the rain for best part of an hour while she sat in the cab, in the dry, moaning. Lots of cabs have these wind/rain deflector plastic things on the doors, and they have to come off to physically get the door glass into the door - no two ways about it. So I explained this prior to doing anything - which was met with moaning They are stuck on with some double sided foam tape stuff, but in the past when I have tried to restick them they don't last, so again I explained this - more moaning

Do the job, get soaked, and when done she's moaning her cab "won't pass inspection" because it's missing 1 wind deflector - on a front door that no one sits at!!!! Then moans cos there is residue of this foam tape on there that I won't try and remove cos when I have in the past it's fucked up the paintwork....

After 5 more mins of her moaning I politely, but firmly said I was a tad dissappointed that I have sat in the rain getting soaked for nearly an hour, while she sat in the dry doing nothing but moaning at me about something completely out of my control, and not once had she even uttered a simple "thank you" for my services. She shut up at this point

Fucking geezer bird!
Old 03-06-2008 | 06:46 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

that as women are 90% of the time are miserable coonts
Old 03-06-2008 | 07:01 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Thought it was a positive thread, then you moan