General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

BMXers!

Search this Thread

Old 26-05-2008, 06:34 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking BMXers!

After a long break from riding i have just picked my Hoffman Deebo up from my mums and plan to start riding again. I know there are a few riders on here so thought it would be a chance to catch up on the scene. Im now 22 and stopped riding when i was 18ish i have always missed it but work, a house girls etc have always taken priority but i have decided i missed it too much.

My bikes got a good spec and should be upto it former glory with some new tubes and a good clean, and some new pegs as my old ones are hammered! Will get some pics up tomorrow!
Old 26-05-2008, 07:44 PM
sm
Advanced PassionFord User

congratulations on finding bmx again, its always good to see someone getting back on a bmx, ive been riding since i was 15 (1992!) and ive been riding pretty much every year since then and im now 31 and i ride atleast twice a week, get urself on www.radbmx.co.uk

heres a couple of pics of my rides

s&m holmes classic

s&m blackbike

Old 26-05-2008, 08:14 PM
fatboyz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a 96 hoffman condor when i was 18 i wasnt great on it(didnt think that at the time) but i loved it so much sold it cause i was skint one of the worst things ive ever done doooohhhhh (ooo im 28 now )

Last edited by fatboyz; 26-05-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 26-05-2008, 08:27 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

heres my ride. there was another post on here about bmx, theres loads of riders on here!
Old 26-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should start a PF bmx photo/vid gallery, get some motivation to get some stuff done to showcase.
Old 26-05-2008, 08:40 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by loader5710
We should start a PF bmx photo/vid gallery, get some motivation to get some stuff done to showcase.
Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 26-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

Will it get moved to photo/video/photoshop room if its in here, just more bmx talk happens in here thats all.
Old 31-05-2008, 06:41 PM
shane

Finally got the pics of my bike up! Went for a little ride on it earlier just round the streets gettin used to it again practicing manuals, bunny hops bar spins etc amazing how quick it can come back to you! Lookin forward to visiting some parks soon, may even get to one tomorrow!

Only thing is my hubs are a bit shot,i seem to remember they were on their way out before!

IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/rstshane/Deebo1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 31-05-2008, 06:51 PM
ar4ibaldo
Part of the Furniture

Not a bad bike... makes me wanna start again... stopped around 5 years ago when almost had 360 dialed.
Old 31-05-2008, 06:51 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by shane
Finally got the pics of my bike up! Went for a little ride on it earlier just round the streets gettin used to it again practicing manuals, bunny hops bar spins etc amazing how quick it can come back to you! Lookin forward to visiting some parks soon, may even get to one tomorrow!

Only thing is my hubs are a bit shot,i seem to remember they were on their way out before!

Nice bike have bin looking for a new one but dont know what l want.
Old 31-05-2008, 07:13 PM
shane

Yeah bikes not bad, got a few battle scars though, if i start riding regular again it will defo need some new hubs, but may aswell just buy some new wheels, but not sure what to buy, im sure there is new stuff on the market since i left the scene.

Originally Posted by ar4ibaldo
Not a bad bike... makes me wanna start again... stopped around 5 years ago when almost had 360 dialed.
I was practicing 180's off kerbs but just couldnt get enough for the 360, it'll soon come though.
Old 31-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I used to have a lil'Deebo when they first come out, but it broke at the lower wishbone,

i then got a DK SOB, slightly lighter (by 2lb) but seems to be stronger
Old 31-05-2008, 07:26 PM
shane

I always wanted a S.O.B. Mines a deebo i not sure what the difference between a deebo and lil-deebo is, sure it aint the same though as mines defo lighter than a S.O.B i remember my mate had one and it was a right tank!
Old 31-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by shane
I always wanted a S.O.B. Mines a deebo i not sure what the difference between a deebo and lil-deebo is, sure it aint the same though as mines defo lighter than a S.O.B i remember my mate had one and it was a right tank!

A Deebo is 1 inch longer at the front, and due to that is slightly heaver than the Lil Deebo.

i weigh'd both frames bare, on the same scales in space of 5 min's,
but the Sob was painted, and the Lil' Deebo was Chrome, which wouldn't of help'd the wieght.

Be honest, the Sob was the worst frame (i've had) to get used to, it took over a week before i was fully comfortable on it, rather than the usual couple of Days.
No where near as comfortable as a Dirt bike, Lil Deebo etc etc.

Last edited by Fiecos Dan; 31-05-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 31-05-2008, 07:42 PM
superglen
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

ah you kids and your little bikes =p you should get a proper sized bike and get yourself onto a 4x track
Old 31-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by superglen
ah you kids and your little bikes =p you should get a proper sized bike and get yourself onto a 4x track

A poff with suspension. lol
Old 31-05-2008, 08:11 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

here my old 1 sold it for 300 jus a couple of days ago
Old 31-05-2008, 09:21 PM
sm

been there done that inc downhill and still came back to bmx's

some nice bikes shown, parts have changed quite a bit in the last 5 years or so everything is lighter and stronger
Old 31-05-2008, 09:25 PM
dumptackler
Regular Contributor

wana get a 24" djer much better. hop spin much better. more balanced. can have hydro's and suspension forks and stil do all stuff on ur bmx
Old 31-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by sm
been there done that inc downhill and still came back to bmx's

some nice bikes shown, parts have changed quite a bit in the last 5 years or so everything is lighter and stronger

Tell me about it,

a few of my mates still ride, and i decided to go down the local Skate park about 2 months ago, (first time i've ridden on for about 5-6years, or well i rode for half hour about 4 years ago)
And all the kid's on there latest bikes, were like ' how do you manage to ride such a heavy bike'
Looking at all there bikes, if i had one when i used to ride, i'll be renewing broken parts every week.

Last edited by Fiecos Dan; 31-05-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 31-05-2008, 09:43 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

Originally Posted by dumptackler
wana get a 24" djer much better. hop spin much better. more balanced. can have hydro's and suspension forks and stil do all stuff on ur bmx

My Bmx and my mate's 24" Street/Park MTB...
Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 AM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Fiecos Dan
Tell me about it,

a few of my mates still ride, and i decided to go down the local Skate park about 2 months ago, (first time i've ridden on for about 5-6years, or well i rode for half hour about 4 years ago)
And all the kid's on there latest bikes, were like ' how do you manage to ride such a heavy bike'
Looking at all there bikes, if i had one when i used to ride, i'll be renewing broken parts every week.
we were laughing at this just earlier my old primo viking seat post clamp weighs as much as most frames these days lol. juat bought some new kevlar tyres and elementary v3 stem . . . . light is not the word!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:58 PM
sm

lol my holmes is a tank compared to my blackbike cant belive it was built as a race frame

sorry i gotta disagree i cant see me doing 5ft airs, grinds, 360 a spine etc on a mtb with sus and the discs wouldnt last 5 mins after cloutting the coping a few times, mtb's have a place and thats not on ramps

heres my old ones i feel like building another azonic ds1 evo