General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

With regards to the ebay feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With regards to the ebay feedback thread

http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa...dID=1100170469

can you please reply on this if you agree with what ive written, if we get enough people complaining about this ridiculous change to feedback maybe ebay will do something about it
Old 21-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont agree with it.
The SELLER should leave feedback as soon as payment is recieved/cleared, then the BUYER leaves it when the item is received.

EDIT: I meant I dont agree with what ebay have done, not your suggestion

Last edited by Martyn; 21-05-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Martyn
I dont agree with it.
The SELLER should leave feedback as soon as payment is recieved/cleared, then the BUYER leaves it when the item is received.

EDIT: I meant I dont agree with what ebay have done, not your suggestion

exactly, if people adhered to this in the first place there would be no retaliatory feedback issues.

It annoys me when i buy something and they wont leave me feedback until ive left it for them

Old 21-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It used to be like that, thats the annoying thing!
I first started using ebay in 2001, and it was totally different from what it is now, its become and huge victim of its own success.
I hardly ever use it now, due to stupid fees, scammers and other bullshit that comes with using it, lets not forget the awesome fuckup that is paypal....but thats another subject altogether!

Somehow in 7 years I have managed to still have 100% feedback, which is quite something I suppose considering how many twats use it these days
Old 21-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

mine was 100% til someone left me a negative for " not received goods despite countless emails "

i had proof that he signed for it and ebay wouldnt remove the feedback, he had received the item the day after i posted it

:wall :
Old 21-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I bought some side repeaters for my car, they arrived fine.
I was happy with them, but they were not the same as the ones shown in the auction.
I left NEUTRAL feedback saying they were not the same as the pictures, BUT I WAS HAPPY WITH THEM.

The seller then left me negative feedback saying "Look at the pictures before you bid"

Foolishly, he had put his msn on the auction as a means of contact, so I hassled him on there and asked WTF his reply meant in regards to mine, when clearly I HAD looked at the pics as I noticed they were not the same!
He agreed that he shouldnt of left me negative feedback and removed it.

It seems that is a classic example of people not thinking things out properly and just clicking the negative button
Old 21-05-2008, 04:51 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

oh no you got a neg, its the end of the world, everone will think your the scammer. Come on guys does it really matter that much?

i am a big seller on there and i used to leave good FB after the buyer left theres. Infact this is all automatically setup if your a big seller on there.

I certainly would not have the time to leave seperate feedbacks for everyone anyway.

Know what annoyed me was if i was to leave feedback once the money was sent to me, id always get the odd neg for no fault of my own. id post an item, they would not be in to sign for it for say a week then they put slow delivery. Hows that my fault. many more like that too. Also if the buyer changed there mind and sent item back for refund, i will not refund postage costs. so they leave me a neg, why did they bother buying it?

not sure how it now works tho and aint really bothered, ebays gone down hill

Last edited by rssteve; 21-05-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its not the fact that is it a neg recieved, its the stupid REASON it has been given!

There is NO good reason for the seller to not leave the feedback as soon as the item has been paid for, as at that point the buyer has done their part of the deal, and that is what your feedback to them should be based on.

Sellers not giving feedback until the buyer has left theirs is shit!
Old 21-05-2008, 05:01 PM
safcdixon
SAFCDIXON

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
exactly, if people adhered to this in the first place there would be no retaliatory feedback issues.

It annoys me when i buy something and they wont leave me feedback until ive left it for them

yep that realy pees me off to i always pay within a minute and then i have to wait a week later when my package finally turns up and i then leave feedback they finally do its total bollocks they should be under obligation to leave as soon as ive done my part!
Old 21-05-2008, 05:17 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Martyn
Its not the fact that is it a neg recieved, its the stupid REASON it has been given!

There is NO good reason for the seller to not leave the feedback as soon as the item has been paid for, as at that point the buyer has done their part of the deal, and that is what your feedback to them should be based on.

Sellers not giving feedback until the buyer has left theirs is shit!
yes there is plenty of reasons, as i stated above.As soon as the seller leaves feedback. this then gives the buyer more power if they are not happy. I sell items that are fragile, my terms and conditions are that the item must be tested, which i fully explain how, before removing the bubble wrap. If it is faulty then the bubble wrap must not be removed. I have to cover the cost my self as no courier covers glass items for a decent costs. I get many buyers that test the item, then they break it during installation, they then try it on for me to repalce there broken item. If i was to of left feedback first, they would just neg me!
Old 21-05-2008, 05:51 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

if your a seller and you leave the feedback first then the buyer can just leave you negatives for whatever reason without even contacting you to sort it out or try and scam you with paypal and get there money refunded

another good option would be before the buyer can leave the seller feedback they have to message the seller first so that it gives them time to sort out the problem