General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

just heard some bad news :(

Search this Thread

Old 18-05-2008, 10:50 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just heard some bad news :(

found of two of my mates have died,one died 3 times in the helicopter but hed lost to much blood, one was rushed to hospital and given 24 hours to live but they turned the machines off about an hour ago, ones in a very serious state in hospital with a cracked scull, his pelvis is in two and his lungs have popped, but ones come off ok with just a cracked scull and minor neck injuries which he is back at home..

was a car accident..happend about 4pm today on the way back from stourport (westmidlands)

fucking gutted

Old 18-05-2008, 10:51 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry to hear this mate

RIP to your mates.
Old 18-05-2008, 10:55 PM
TONY C
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

where was the crash mate as i lived in stourport and was over there today visiting my brother.
Old 18-05-2008, 10:56 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Bad news mate, must have been a bad crash
Old 18-05-2008, 10:58 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

the chap whos in hospital whos in a serious way was in the back, it was his cuzen in the front who died 3 times in the helicopter...

hed had a few drink so he let him drive and got in the back..

must have been doing some speed to hit a tree and then flip 5 times down the road..

it was on the way back from stourport on the norton road
Old 18-05-2008, 11:02 PM
TONY C

i expected it to be the Norton RD to stourbridge , few years back i was involved in a fatel RTA on that road, and there are going to be many more as thats a long, fast road.
Old 18-05-2008, 11:02 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Holy shit - was it a case of someone elses car and not knowing the limits of it whilst pushing it?

Trending Topics

Old 18-05-2008, 11:07 PM
bonus_boy
PassionFord Post Troll

the chap who went in the back was the only one with a license and he had a drink (dont ask why because i havnt a clue) so the lad who was driving wasnt that experienced...
Old 18-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Micky
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bonus_boy
the chap who went in the back was the only one with a license and he had a drink (dont ask why because i havnt a clue) so the lad who was driving wasnt that experienced...
Dear God,thats real bad,my thought's to the family and friends of the deceased,regards,Micky
Old 18-05-2008, 11:20 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tragic news, RIP to those involved and my thoughts to their familys and friends.
Old 18-05-2008, 11:28 PM
nuttynil
RS nutta

sad news ..our thoughts and prayers for all the familys involved hang in there m8 ....
Old 18-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

RIP to those gentlemen , no way to go
Old 18-05-2008, 11:41 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gutted for you mate.
Old 19-05-2008, 04:33 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

FFS, get real 4 morons CHOOSE to get in a car with a NON LICENSE HOLDER speeding along who then crashes and kills them off.
I feel sorry for thier families, and my sympathies go out to them(alone), but with twats like this on the road, is it any wonder there are accidents ?
Now get real and ask yourself if your loved one driving along minding his/her own business, DOING NOTHING WRONG, was killed by people driving like this HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ?
Yes it's hard, and I DO speak from experience, having spent 19 months in Hospital after a drunk driver hit and run, first three months in a coma.
tabetha
Old 19-05-2008, 05:15 AM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

tabetha, i dont condone what these guys have done at all, but i am sure bonus boy is only posting for some support.....I understand you have had a bad experience, as have some of us too, my auntie was killed by a drunk driver. Maybe lay off the guy a weee bit?? He's in mourning, even if the guys did something daft...
Old 19-05-2008, 05:21 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

It may help him to be more sensible, if he were this way inclined and I'm not for one moment saying he is as I don't know him.
My going through what I went through has NOT made me have this opinion at all, I am just constantly surprised people find actions like this and the consequences of those actions so upsetting it is more than obvious what the outcome is.
I do feel sorry for any friends/relatives, and appologise if I have offended any friends/relatives.
tabetha
Old 19-05-2008, 05:56 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

R.I.P.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:11 AM
badnews

a very sad day mate rip to your mates, and tabetha i hear what your saying to the mrs was wiped out by a complete nobber on her way to work 11 operations later and a year off work she is lucky to be here to so i know where your coming from chap
Old 19-05-2008, 06:26 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by bonus_boy
and no money for a cab?
i really do feel for the family and friends who have suffered and even though the guy who had the license did what he thought was the righ thing by letting someone else drive, it's never easy to live with the consequences when things go wrong
Old 19-05-2008, 06:32 AM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

R.I.P, my thoughts go out to the familys and loved ones
Old 19-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Garage19
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No license, driving like a tit and alchohol involved. No sympathy.

They could have easily hit somebody's wife/child in a car who just happened to be near.
Old 19-05-2008, 06:45 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

the guy with the license used his brain passing the keys to someone else.. but someone else that couldnt drive?? thats just stupid. why not phone for a lift or get a taxi.. i actully dont have any sympthay for people that drive without licenses, and for people that drink and drive.. my mate was killed by a prick without no license.. so no i have no sympthy for them.. its just good that they never hurt anyone else..

Last edited by R5FORD; 19-05-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 19-05-2008, 07:28 AM
badnews

i must say over here seems worse than the uk for uninsured drivers i live on the worst bit of road in queensland. lots of deaths up here 3 lads killed a few weeks back they were speeding went off the road into a tree and burst into flames. the impact ripped engine and box out of the car. the driver had three kids no life insurance and was due to marry this month. he left his mrs and kids broke and they had an appeal for help in the local paper. most of the blokes i work with drive like they stole there cars and have litle or no insurance and it seems to be the norm i'm stunned
Old 19-05-2008, 07:35 AM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

Sorry to hear about the news.. No point going into the rights and wrongs about it.. Bottom line is people have died.

Badnews, I think they say 1 in 4 of UK drivers are not insured or dont have a licence....not good as you can bet your life if there is an accident the other person wont be insured.
Old 19-05-2008, 07:44 AM
badnews

over here they have ctp on the rego, thats if the car has roadworthy the driver has a licence and rego every week there are drivers in the local paper being caught driving without a licence or rego. this is only a small town no more than a few thousend folk. i no of two folk at work that drive evey day without a licence
Old 19-05-2008, 07:45 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Agreed, it is a fast road, plenty of trees to hit

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/new..._car_crash.php

Looks like it.
Old 19-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Its a tragic loss and sympathy for the families and you, but i do have to agree with tabetha.

This with the circumstances drink, speed and no licence it was an accident waiting to happen! im assuming your in your late teens? im must say at that age you do think your indestructable. Sadly though even this example will not be the last.
Old 19-05-2008, 07:57 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

RIP.

Wether you think they deserved it etc or not there is NO fucking excuse for coming on here and caning the poor lads thread....fook sake some people on here are right cocks.....i dont agree with them doing it at all but its out of order what some people have put on here
Old 19-05-2008, 08:09 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

That's the beauty of a PUBLIC forum, everyone is entitled to air thier views, even those who's may be different.
Sorry bit it's time the younger generation acted a bit more responsibly IMO, my own town is a no go area every weekend due to piss heads, and druggies.tabetha
Old 19-05-2008, 08:11 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
RIP.

Wether you think they deserved it etc or not there is NO fucking excuse for coming on here and caning the poor lads thread....fook sake some people on here are right cocks.....i dont agree with them doing it at all but its out of order what some people have put on here

how isit out of order mate? my mate would still be here today if there wasnt some fucked up kid with no license driving a car.. untill you have been in the situation where you have lost someone you loved very much due to kids with no licneses/ drink driving then you cannot understand why poeple have said what they have.
Old 19-05-2008, 08:16 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

i am not disagreeing with anyone on here at all i actually agree with you.
However the lad has just lost some of his mates and you lot wanna start talking like this.......time and a place people..think about it.
Old 19-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

sorry but there is not a better time and place!! hopefully some young lad reading this will now think twice when hes impressing his mates with his girlfriend sitting next to him. etc.

I dont think anyone has said the lads deserved it, no one should deserve that! I think its more that rather than been a tragic accident, this is something which could have been 100% avoided. and this is why people are saying it!

And also the people who have "canned" the thread, i think most of them like me have been on the recieving end of similar consequences to what the above lads did! My parents were in a fatal RTA and spent 3 months in hospital after a drunk driver hit them.

as tabetha said imagine if theyd have swerved of and hit you wife/ girlfriend/kids/best mate.

they didnt need to get in that car and they legally were not allowed in that car. no licence no insurance, drink and speed also involved.

these are all facts. this does not take away sympathy or regards for the lads who ultimatly paid the full price for a silly mistake.

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 19-05-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 19-05-2008, 08:46 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

not actually been there and done that, but it's been pretty close to happening

the story goes a little like this, but seeing asi can't rememebr a thing, the police and accident investigators and the rest of them decided that this is probabl the best chain of events that happened that day

went to college
in my car
went out to town during the lunch break with 4 mates
i was driving
got to the car park
one of the guys asked to drive the car around the car park
did so
next fella decides he wants a spin as well
he has a go
but trying to show off, skittles me over
cue lots of broken bones (27 if i can rememebr correctly but there may have been more if you count the shattered skull)
being dead
the question as to switch off the life support machine being asked after the first few hours
10 days being a vegetable
3 months being put into an induced coma
6 further months learning to live without the use of my legs
6 months further in hospital getting rehab'd
finally being allowed home
and all the stuff that goes with brain damage such as
uncontrolable temper (proper hulk smash business, i can relate to that guy from forrest gump)
long term memory loss
short term memory loss
colour blind in one eye
dyslexia
can't count properly
can't remember certain letters in the alphabet
body being aged by several years by being bed ridden for so long during the time when i shoud have been in peak physical fitness
and a whole lot more things that you may not want to know about
like the scars in my arms where the needles were in
the business of having a colostomy bag because i could use my legs

the list isn't endless but it could go on for a good amount of this post

but then there are those who will feel bitter about being robbed of a lot of their life and there are those who feel thankfull that they have been given a second chance

anyone who's met me will know that i'm thankfull of the second chance, so if the harsh realities of being killed whilst not being leagally allowed to drive sting a bit, then thay must be taken for face vaule, the learning of a lesson to those who may think it's ok to do things differently and a wake up call to those who have done so in the past and are contemplating doing so again in the future

you can't help the lads who were injured or killed in this accident but knowing what i know, they won't be the last, and deffinitly aren't the first to think they were doing a good deed when a sudden rush of blood to the head means that the have decided to "show off" and be dead
Old 19-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Not good news, Literally just up the road from where we have our RSOC meets as well.

Anyone else involved at all (ie innocent motorists, passers by?)

I cant honestly say i'm surprised at some of the responses on here, imagine if it was your loved ones killed by some illegal motorist, no licence no insurance, how would you react then?

Too late now, cos its happened, lesson to be learned for some young folk though.
Old 19-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

On the bbc website as well...

http://search.bbc.co.uk/click/p/1/ds...407815%252Estm

Not the norton road as initially thought.
Old 19-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Mrs Ginge

R.I.P

really sad news, thoughts go to famiy & friends
Old 19-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Sorry to hear that, I've lost a few mates to car & bike accidents so I know how you feel

R.I.P to those who passed away.
Old 19-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Garage19
No license, driving like a tit and alchohol involved. No sympathy.

They could have easily hit somebody's wife/child in a car who just happened to be near.
Agree Doug!
Old 19-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

RIP not nice at all when shit like this happens.

i see the driver is alive...which seems to always be typical

thank fook noone else was involved.

but end of the day young lads have died tragically which is sad but hopefully opens some peoples eyes up to the shit that can happen

Quick Reply: just heard some bad news :(