General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

just heard some bad news :(

Search this Thread

Old 19-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad news but i have to agree with tabetha and many others, they are dead due to their own stupidity

if it makes young drivers think twice about driving like an arse and dying due to their driving then it can only be a good thing.

I feel sorry for the parents who are having to deal with all of this, must be an awful time.
Old 19-05-2008, 10:36 AM
sters1986
BANNED
BANNED

Heard about this yesterday tragedy R.I.P
Old 19-05-2008, 11:05 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

According to the news report it was the driver of the OTHER car that was to blame -

"The driver of the other vehicle, a red Volkswagen Golf, an 18-year-old man from Brierley Hill, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has been released on police bail, pending further inquiries."

Either it was his fault, or both cars were racing, and because the black VW crashed he's also to blame.
Old 19-05-2008, 11:11 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

The driver stands a good chance of going to prison..!
Old 19-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
According to the news report it was the driver of the OTHER car that was to blame -

"The driver of the other vehicle, a red Volkswagen Golf, an 18-year-old man from Brierley Hill, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has been released on police bail, pending further inquiries."

Either it was his fault, or both cars were racing, and because the black VW crashed he's also to blame.

think theres more to this than what we have been told here. .
Old 19-05-2008, 11:15 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

West Mercia Police said the four young men killed or injured had been in a black Volkswagen Golf which was overtaking a red Golf when it left the road and overturned.
Not too sure how the other car can be blamed?
Old 19-05-2008, 11:20 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

As I said, custodial sentence looming for somebody...
Old 19-05-2008, 11:20 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by DaveZS
Not too sure how the other car can be blamed?
From that simple sentence no. But if the cars were racing at all then the other driver will be held accountable.

There was a situation a couple of years ago where a bloke in a 200SX was seen to have been driving 'at speed' with a Fiesta. Further up the road the Fiesta crashed and the SX driver pulled over to help and call an ambulance. His actions saved one guys life, but he ended up doing 5 years!
Old 19-05-2008, 11:36 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont think they can give the guy they were racing a imprisonment term. as its not really his fault.. end of the day if you dont have any experience why the hell would you drive fuck attempting to race... who the fuck races with a full load.. only a stupid teenager trying to show off in his poxy saxo would.
Old 19-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
I feel sorry for the parents who are having to deal with all of this, must be an awful time.
My thoughts exactly. Kids do some bloody stupid things and half the time the first thing they know about it, tragically, is the old bill knocking at the door.
Old 19-05-2008, 11:43 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by R5FORD
i dont think they can give the guy they were racing a imprisonment term.
Yes they can. See my post above yours, and this…

http://tinyurl.com/68vc69
Old 19-05-2008, 12:20 PM
dumptackler
Regular Contributor

sad news R.I.P tothose lads. Feel sorry for families and friends.
but they shouldnt have been out in that car and if you tempt fait eventually you are going to lose.
Old 19-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Such a shame.. Sam was a nice lad

wasn't Sam a champion kickboxer??
Old 19-05-2008, 12:36 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

RIP
Old 19-05-2008, 01:20 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

so it seems that the guy who was driving without a license wasn't at fault for the accident?

i hope people haven't jumped in with both feet before testing the depth of the water as nothing tastes quite like humble pie

if he didn't have a license then no, he shouldn't have been driving, but seeing as that is all we know at the moment other than someone else might have caused the accident, perhaps we should hold off the lynch mob turning up at some blokes funeral eh
Old 19-05-2008, 01:23 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by dojj
so it seems that the guy who was driving without a license wasn't at fault for the accident?

i hope people haven't jumped in with both feet before testing the depth of the water as nothing tastes quite like humble pie

if he didn't have a license then no, he shouldn't have been driving, but seeing as that is all we know at the moment other than someone else might have caused the accident, perhaps we should hold off the lynch mob turning up at some blokes funeral eh

no it is his fault no matter what.. a driver with a LICENSE may have had enough knowledge to do things diffrent..emergency brake etc.. i dont belive in anyway that if your racing and you crash your car its the other guy you were racing fault..iv raced loads of guys and iv stuck to my own lane so if they crash hows that my fault?
Old 19-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

R.I.P To all involved; I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Benni.
Old 19-05-2008, 01:50 PM
dojj

if you were driving down the road and being careful and someone cuts you up and puts you into a coffin, it's not really that different is it mate?

i can understand that the youngster shouldn't have been behind the wheel and all this could have been avoided, but what if the same thing happened to the guys as they were being drivin home in a minicab?

as the saying goes, "if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle" so it's full of "what if's", but too many people have pointed the finger of blame squarely on the driver for not having a license without looking at any other details that might arise

from what i can make out, the guy who's car it was had one too many and someone else elected to drive, now if there was someone else int he car who had a license who hadn't been drinking and was able to say "i'll sit as the experienced one" then that puts a whole different slant on the matter
you could go further and suggest that the guy who had the license wasn't insured for the car which is why he didn't drive it
or that the guy only "thought" he'd had one to many and was actually below the limit and therefore perfectly able to tutor the guy with no license

or any other posibility

but it does seem that everyone looks at it as if it must have been the guy who's crash'd fault entirley, which i think is a little unfair seeing as the end reslut is a few dead peole
Old 19-05-2008, 01:56 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

R.I.P to those who died.

Condolances to the families involved!
Old 19-05-2008, 02:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

iv raced loads of guys and iv stuck to my own lane so if they crash hows that my fault?
Tell that to the judge!
Old 19-05-2008, 02:04 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So where they racing or what?
Old 19-05-2008, 02:10 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by dojj
if you were driving down the road and being careful and someone cuts you up and puts you into a coffin, it's not really that different is it mate?

i can understand that the youngster shouldn't have been behind the wheel and all this could have been avoided, but what if the same thing happened to the guys as they were being drivin home in a minicab?

as the saying goes, "if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle" so it's full of "what if's", but too many people have pointed the finger of blame squarely on the driver for not having a license without looking at any other details that might arise

from what i can make out, the guy who's car it was had one too many and someone else elected to drive, now if there was someone else int he car who had a license who hadn't been drinking and was able to say "i'll sit as the experienced one" then that puts a whole different slant on the matter
you could go further and suggest that the guy who had the license wasn't insured for the car which is why he didn't drive it
or that the guy only "thought" he'd had one to many and was actually below the limit and therefore perfectly able to tutor the guy with no license

or any other posibility

but it does seem that everyone looks at it as if it must have been the guy who's crash'd fault entirley, which i think is a little unfair seeing as the end reslut is a few dead peole

of course its diffrent.. all im saying i basically a person with a license will know what to do in most situations.. ie being cut up etc..

and if it was being in a taxi cab then these guys would have my full sympathy.. then it would be an accident that would not have been caused by stupid behaviour..

in my books the guy that drove them there was to blame as its his fault that there all dead..if he didnt drink they would most likey still be alive today.
Old 19-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

End of the day its simple.

Un qualified driver, uninsured, car full of mates, = Carnage and death.

Whatever the circumstances leading up to the accidents its down to the emergency services to mopp up the remains and families to pick up the pieces of whats left of their lives.

The sooner stupid kids realise that it aint a game out there and shit does indeed happen the better.

Saying that, they wont be the first and deffinatly wont be the last to act irresponsibly and pay the ultimate price.
Old 19-05-2008, 02:43 PM
dojj

of course its diffrent.. all im saying i basically a person with a license will know what to do in most situations.. ie being cut up etc..

and if it was being in a taxi cab then these guys would have my full sympathy.. then it would be an accident that would not have been caused by stupid behaviour..

in my books the guy that drove them there was to blame as its his fault that there all dead..if he didnt drink they would most likey still be alive today.
Originally Posted by Matt Evans
End of the day its simple.

Un qualified driver, uninsured, car full of mates, = Carnage and death.

Whatever the circumstances leading up to the accidents its down to the emergency services to mopp up the remains and families to pick up the pieces of whats left of their lives.

The sooner stupid kids realise that it aint a game out there and shit does indeed happen the better.

Saying that, they wont be the first and deffinatly wont be the last to act irresponsibly and pay the ultimate price.
can't say fairer than that
Old 19-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

R.I.P
Old 19-05-2008, 04:15 PM
juffer
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

sorry about the news mate. I live just down the road from there and was in the garden yesterday watching the helicopters fly over and land my thoughts are with you and there families.

We are all human and make misteaks, we have to make misteaks to learn off them. Now we have all learnt along with those involved.
Old 19-05-2008, 04:30 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

R.I.P