General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Compensation for whiplash??

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2008, 09:38 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

all these people

all these questions

all these explanations

all these previous unrelated quotes as to how much he's going to get

all a load of bollocks

she's hit you up the arse
her fault
your neck hurts
go to the quack and get it written up
when the insurnace company calls tell them
or fill it in on the form if they will send you out a form
from then on it's in their hands unless you tell them that you will be following up a personal injury claim independantly and don't wnat them to do it for you

every case is based on it's own individual merits so my getting a total payout of £250 for 2 weeks worth of whiplash means what exactly?
or £8.5k for breaking my wrist in a kwik fit car park?
or £300k for being run over and being dead?

not that i'm belittling people who get money when they claim, but it's the thought that he's on the scam first rather than he's actually hurt that's a bit off putting
Old 17-05-2008, 09:56 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
Whiplash is a SOFT TISSUE injury, it will NOT show up on X RAY.
S1rst, "who hasn't sent a text whilst driving" ?
I haven't never ever, mo moby bill is less than £2 a YEAR, I have to intentionally use it just to keep it activated.
I have never ever sent a text period at any time to any body, whether driving or not, as I DON'T KNOW HOW, yes I am that old fashioned I let my 11 year old do that.
I did twice use a phone whilst driving, once following a drunk driver, on phone to plod, driver was convicted , and other time was following a DOG running along the road for nearly 3 miles I followed him at 15 mph on the phone to plod, behind him with my hazards on so it did not cause an accident.
I don't and won't have my phone swithced on, and don't even know what phone it is, IO just charge it once a month, then put it away again.
Roosie's company is VERY good, and roosie is a good guy to deal with, despite owning a chavvy evo 4!!
tabetha
No but they take an x-ray in case there is a suspicion of fracture or dislocation of the cervical spine. As for you driving on the phone at 15mph watching the dog, what if a kid ran out from your blindside? Your focus was on the dog regardless of the speed you where going.
Old 17-05-2008, 01:41 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

2 mates claimed 4 weeks ago they had there 1k cheque on friday
Old 17-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ive had some cases settled in a month but its rare most of mine are settled in a few months
Old 17-05-2008, 05:55 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil
Why do you want compensation? Are you suffering from loss of earnings? Is there a real reason or do you just want to scam the system and put everyones insurances prices up
scam the system . anyone that thinks insurers would drop prices if claims stopped is in a dream world.
anyway, he's injured and in pain/discomfort so a claim is justified. thats what insurance is for wether loss of earnings or not.
Old 17-05-2008, 06:01 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if you have whiplash mate then claim, its cocks with no liscenses or insurance on the road that people should be having a go at not a motorist that got insured from somebody elses mistake, wish you better
Old 19-05-2008, 10:01 AM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
I dont get why people are having a dig at the guy. If his necks hurting then he's entitled too it. Thats what insurance is for. Even slight whiplash can come back to haunt you later on in life.

Would you guys not claim if you were injured due to the fault of someone else?
They clearly have nothing better to do than pick faults out of others, they carry on til their hearts are contemt, i dont give a toss what the nob jockeys say.

Originally Posted by Roosie
safechav ived pmd you details on how you can claim and what to expect realasticly.But through my company we are very quick and usually settle within 6-8 months unless the situation is serious.
anyone that has been hurt should claim as lot of people had time off work or its playing them up later on in life. you can go back 3 years over 21 or back to birth if under 21 if anyone has questions just pm me.
many thanks mate i will have a look in a moment

Originally Posted by Yeti Racing
How did you know she was texting? I take it you could obviously see all this coming in the rear view mirror...........
Yea thats right i sat there and watched her plough into the back of me because amonsgt everything else going on in my life i thought to myself "YEA I COULD REALLY DO with all the extra grief of going round getting repair estimates, dealing with insurance companies etc to get my girlfriends car fixed which she hasnt even had the priveledge of driving because she has her test coming up shortly"..............

Last edited by SafeChav; 19-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 19-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by SafeChav
Yea thats right i sat there and watched her plough into the back of me because amonsgt everything else going on in my life i thought to myself "YEA I COULD REALLY DO with all the extra grief of going round getting repair estimates, dealing with insurance companies etc to get my girlfriends car fixed which she hasnt even had the priveledge of driving because she has her test coming up shortly"..............
You still didnt answer the question?

And why do YOU have to get quotes?!?! Insurance companies sort all that, or did last time someone duffed me up the rear.
Old 19-05-2008, 01:48 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by EsCosRacer
all i can read is : i want money..... nowhere it says i went to hospital....

so get urself a job and work, dont try to do fraudulent insurance claims

No thats your interpretation.

My interpretation of you.........you are a waster with nothing better to do

I've got plenty of money to my name thanks.

You still didnt answer the question?

And why do YOU have to get quotes?!?! Insurance companies sort all that, or did last time someone duffed me up the rear.
Right the insurance company will come and collect the car and drive it to local accident repair centres to get quotes for me will they! Get real.

It was a thought following a car accident that had occured less than an hour before! Make of it what you want but keep your thoughts/opinions to yourself or go tell it to someone who cares about what you have to say!

Last edited by SafeChav; 19-05-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 19-05-2008, 02:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To be honest ive never known an insurance company come out and get quotes for you. Ive had to do it myself a couple of times before when people have hit/damaged my car. I thought that was what you have to do, or so the insurance companies say anyway. Its not right when you think about it, it can be a massive inconvenience through no fault of your own.
Old 19-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
To be honest ive never known an insurance company come out and get quotes for you. Ive had to do it myself a couple of times before when people have hit/damaged my car. I thought that was what you have to do, or so the insurance companies say anyway. Its not right when you think about it, it can be a massive inconvenience.
Well thats you and silly bollocks above, from personal experience I've rung them up & they've collected.
Old 19-05-2008, 04:44 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Obviously different for different insurance companies then i assume. maybe it makes a difference if your fully comp as i was only TPFT on the cars ive had to get quotes for after being hit.
Old 20-05-2008, 08:31 AM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Well thats you and silly bollocks above, from personal experience I've rung them up & they've collected.
lol resorting to name calling because hes been proved wrong.

Excellent