General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Computer help!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Computer help!!!!!!!!!

Right basically thanks to a currupt system file on my PC, then the copy od XP Pro i had being damaged my op system is fooked. Luckly thou all my stuff is still safe just need 2 copy it off BUT..............

All my pics, stuff from college etc is all stored in my documents which cos i had a password on startup is obviously password protected and i cant access it. I know theres a way of getting round, got it in another PC at mo and can read the drive fine but fooked if i can remember how 2 get round the password protection!!!!

Before anyone says it it wont even start up now so cant start windows and burn em onto CD!!!

Can anyone help?!
Old 25-10-2004, 08:29 PM
nomad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know the answer but i too have been having loads of problems with xp , once in a while it doesnt boot and i have to reformat ,it happened 4 times recently,
cheers nomad
Old 25-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That sounds like it oculd be a HD prob mate. Ive used XP pro for years and never had major problems, other than now

I know theres a way of changing the settings on my drive using the PC its plugged into at the mo as a slave drive but cant fookin remember how
Old 25-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you forgotten the password??
Old 25-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No mate, basically it wont boot or anything. So ive got it in another PC as a slave drive.

I can access everything on it and copy it bar the stuff in my documents which is a security feature with XP as its the main account.

There is a way usin the PC its in now to re-write the settings so it matches this PC and i can access it but cant fookin remember