General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

If you won the lottery...

Search this Thread

Old 27-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you won the lottery...

...say, 10 million. What would you do with yourself in the day etc?

Theres only so much travelling, flying, partying you can do?!

What would you do to keep you're mind busy and what would you spend 10m on? Also, would you keep you're current car?
Old 27-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Id be dead in 9months, ill put money on that.

Doubt id ever drive again tho, as as much as i love cars, fuck sake, if i had proper cash cars can GTF, better shit to do than mug around in fast cars.

Doubt id ever be in any fit state to drive anyhow.
Old 27-04-2008, 02:32 AM
skipp123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ agreed with above ^^^^ make sure the fanily are all morgage free, spend some money on a nice house with a privert track round the bak a few nice motors and put me feet up for a while
Old 27-04-2008, 02:35 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

strt a business and then put the rest of the money ina bank and live of the intrest
Old 27-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Start a race team in an affordable race series and just live that competitive life style.

That would be the "thing that kept me busy" after all the other cool stuff u would want to do

RW
Old 27-04-2008, 05:10 AM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
Start a race team in an affordable race series and just live that competitive life style.

That would be the "thing that kept me busy" after all the other cool stuff u would want to do

RW

yeah thats what i would do
Old 27-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
...say, 10 million. What would you do with yourself in the day etc?

Theres only so much travelling, flying, partying you can do?!

What would you do to keep you're mind busy and what would you spend 10m on? Also, would you keep you're current car?
ask heather mills lol
you could fly first class and put your daughter in economy class and inform the press what you have done and say you couldn't afford to buy your daughter a first class ticket because you only won 24.3 million in that old lottery for women called marriage
Old 27-04-2008, 07:45 AM
redrsmk5
Advanced PassionFord User

Detail cars all day long all over the world
Old 27-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would still work as a Joiner TBH,reason you ask,well because if I wasnt in a job I would end up squandering the lot,IMO you need to try and keep as much a grasp on normal life as possible or it will all end in tears!!,, plus it would be funny as fuck sitting in the meetings with the workforce and all the gaffers listening to them banging on saying "come on lads we need to do more work or we`ll lose this contract and we`ll all be fucked"!!...........erm you will mate,not me LOL
Old 27-04-2008, 08:23 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
Id be dead in 9months, ill put money on that.

Doubt id ever drive again tho, as as much as i love cars, fuck sake, if i had proper cash cars can GTF, better shit to do than mug around in fast cars.

Doubt id ever be in any fit state to drive anyhow.
i would bet that you wouldnt be dead in 9 months! even if you won you couldnt collect

i bet my mate Ł20 that he would start smoking again before he died,and he took it!!!
Old 27-04-2008, 08:33 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

id still be restoring cars but id have the best of everything and a purpose built unit that was as clean and light as i could get it and id enter a race series for cars and enduro motorbikes to for the adrenalin rush as i dont do drugs and no longer drink
id also have my fitness sorted as i have no time to do that at the minute
as for what car not a clue kid in a sweet shop type thing
Old 27-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

It would not really change my lifestyle but would benefit my kids. No desire to own cars that I cant afford already & would not move from my present home which is already too big. I dont work, but my day is total filled with things to do. It would be different if i was 30 years younger but I aint & my lifestyle is set in stone & I dont wish to change it, anyway its not my style to dream about things that are unlikely to happen. Im content as things are.
Old 27-04-2008, 08:53 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_RW

RW
me too
Old 27-04-2008, 09:00 AM
focuschivvy

buy myself a room at hugh hefners mansion
Old 27-04-2008, 09:01 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

with 10million i wouldnt be keeping much of a grasp on reality. i certainly wouldnt be continuing to work as a joiner.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:03 AM
focuschivvy

imagine how many bum lickers you would get? there was a bloke a few years back at our place that thought he had won the lottery..... people were flocking around him like flies around a cows arsehole!
Old 27-04-2008, 09:06 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by focuschivvy
imagine how many bum lickers you would get? there was a bloke a few years back at our place that thought he had won the lottery..... people were flocking around him like flies around a cows arsehole!
but you know who your friends are now. it will be the same people after a lottery win.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:08 AM
turbo_boost
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Buy a house for 1 or 2 mill keep a mill for cars than invest a bit and bank the rest live of interest 100k is good enough salary for me
Old 27-04-2008, 09:16 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Travel the world
Old 27-04-2008, 09:24 AM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

still spend on old rusty nails lol
Old 27-04-2008, 09:27 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Fuzzy - I know what your saying about your old mates. BUT how do you ever make a new mate without thinking "would they of been my mate anyway?"

You do need to go through life making new mates all the time or you would get bored v.quick IMO
Old 27-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

I would make sure all my family and close friends were financially sorted with nice houses and cars etc. I would buy a large stable/competition yard and set myself up with some serious horses/equipment and compete them all. I could not sit around getting pissed or not havea job so i would be self employed with my own yard and would make a substantial profit from that. There would also be a large worskshop on the land called MSD for Stu as he would NEVER give up working . If we had that kind of money we sure as hell could make a whole heap more thats for sure!!
Old 27-04-2008, 09:28 AM
L33 BYT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'd be like that Michael Carol bloke, yeah he's a cunt but bet he loved every fucking minute of it.
I would of course see my family well.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

See my family are ok etc etc

Travel the world, see every country that i want to see.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:33 AM
coco16i

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would probably immediately squander a good few hundred k on cars and bikes !!

Would start up my own business then and build huge premises with all the latest and best equipment and restore classic cars back to their former glory as its a job i dont think i would ever get bored doing as been doing it for over 20 years so far and still have a passion for it !!

Would have all my family debt free and living comfortably with no more money worries and would try and have as many of them as possible involved with my business.

Would build a race track similar to Knockhill but have it up in the north of Scotland as we have nothing like that up here and know there is a demand for it so am sure that would keep me occupied and busy for long enough.

Would spend time travelling the world a bit as well as have never been abroad !! Could afford to go to all the great sporting events and do it all first class with VIP status where ever you went !!!
Old 27-04-2008, 10:35 AM
focuschivvy

veyron
Old 27-04-2008, 10:45 AM
pollocks

i'd open my own business and emply a few people to work for me so i get to do just the fun stuff lol

have a new m3 or something for getting about and i'd go off each month for a week of riding some where hot and fun and when am back in the country have some car project on the go for track days etc i think

other than that i'd have my mother a new house same with my sis, auntie, uncle and grand parents job done

and then invest the rest
Old 27-04-2008, 10:48 AM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

buy a night club that'd keep me busy, opens alot of doors etc owning i high profile club,

prob do loads of steroids to get bigger at the gym with 10m u can fix the consequences lol

money comes to money

Last edited by marky_g; 27-04-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 27-04-2008, 10:48 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

just thought of another, but doubt that 10 million is enough - build an exact replica of the nordschleife in this country. don't know if it would be a goer, as it doesn't have the history - but just get clarkson to drive round once and you'd get hordes of followers on every weekend
Old 27-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

i would buy my mates and family, a caburys curlywirly each, and put the rest in fruit machines

seriously id be fucked!
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Id use it to start a business that occupied me, and like Steven Id want to race, Id get bored to tears in no time of drunken parties every night TBH, of course id do a bit, but I wouldnt let that become my life as it just wouldnt entertain me enough.
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by timrud
Fuzzy - I know what your saying about your old mates. BUT how do you ever make a new mate without thinking "would they of been my mate anyway?"

You do need to go through life making new mates all the time or you would get bored v.quick IMO
you do make new mates all the time but you know whos stood by you in the past till the death and who hasnt when its mattered. new mates wont ever be like those that youve known since primary school.thats not to say they wouldnt be good mates but just not the ones youd be sharing your new found cash with right away.
Old 27-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

i'd buy a business,something like a nice italian resturant.to keep me interested in something.i'd buy a reasonable house out in the country away from everyone.not too big just nice,big garage,large plot for the dogs and a basketball court and pool.
i'd keep the cossie and buy an f40 and a yank tank,plus a nice evryday car like an m5.

sort my family and enjoy life as i want when i want
Old 27-04-2008, 11:46 AM
cap no car
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

id build a state of the art recording studio and start up my own record label, pay all my mates a wage so as i finally had there undivided attention, then concour the world with my music, obviously id sort all the family first! probably have a mint esc/saff/3dr cossie and a 911 turbo too!
Old 27-04-2008, 11:47 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

i would set a side 1 million and get all my mates together and see what each one would do for money ie
start low and ask
would you let a tramp with aids spit in your mouth see who would do it and carry on like that
always wanted to make one of my mates like a dogs cock that would be a good one

Last edited by v man; 27-04-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 27-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by MadRod
It would not really change my lifestyle but would benefit my kids. No desire to own cars that I cant afford already & would not move from my present home which is already too big. I dont work, but my day is total filled with things to do. It would be different if i was 30 years younger but I aint & my lifestyle is set in stone & I dont wish to change it, anyway its not my style to dream about things that are unlikely to happen. Im content as things are.

Very humbling Rod!

Me... not sure what i would do..... i dont have family so i couldnt exactly spend it in them..... i guess i would make sure all my close friends are very well htought of...

Id buy clive back and restore her immaculately and actually put an engine in her that worked

I would make sure Lee could have his ultimate porsche thingy, and anything else he could dream of.

I'd set up some sort of sanctuary for unwanted animals of all shapes and sizes. That alone would keep me busy.

And just go see all the places in this world ive always wanted to!
Old 27-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would buy a nice house with stables lots of land in the sticks, and train horse's to bring in some cash and compete again to keep my self busy! Miss my horse's just can't afford them any more although working with them is very rewarding its slaves labour so gave it up years ago lol
Old 27-04-2008, 12:45 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen
Travel the world, see every country that i want to see.
You dont need to win the lottery to do that, just save for a bit and do it
Old 27-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

We were talking about virtually the same thing at work the other day - what would you do to fill your days if you never had to work again and could do anything you wanted.....

I like lazing about, but if I have more than two days off in a row I get restless and I NEED something to get stuck into to occupy me - I rarely ever take more than a week at a time off work as I go stir crazy if I have nothing to do!

Sad as it sounds, I probably end up working 3 days a week just to keep busy! No idea if it'd be my own business or whatever, but I'd have to work! Rest of the time getting shitfaced and laid as much as poss in as many different places/countries as possible

Quick Reply: If you won the lottery...