General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

..words said on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..words said on the internet

...you have to be fooking careful

..i quoted i beat the shit out of my dogs as pups and one muppet has taken it literally as....i kick/punch the dog....to me beating a dog is smacking its nose very hard if naughty.....ie goes to bite when taking a bone of it....why do people think they know how to bring up a rotty..with 18 years experience breeding/taking in rescue adults..i'd hardly call myself a dog beater

...the bloke will also be narked by the fact when puppy toilet training and it pisses in the house i rub its nose in it..why?...because they HATE it and is the best way to house train them...DONT do it with shit though as they love it!

Anyone that knows me will say i love my rotties (not sexually,contatary to popular internet beleif) and have them instead of kids (again i am not a jaffa or gay contary to popular internet beleif)

...i can say to the user who took a pop at me....my rotties would like to see you and i challenge you to take a sheeps head off them PMSL...looks like you need disicpline in internet manners...apologise be a man.
Old 20-04-2008, 07:39 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why say 'i beat the shit out of my dogs as pups' if you didn't ?
Old 20-04-2008, 07:44 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

i can see where the mistake can have been made as you did say "beat the shit out of my dogs"
but theyre your dogs so if you do want to beat the shit out of them it doesnt bother me.
i notice you failed to mention your merc and how rich you are in this post though?
probably a new labour appeasement monkey who complained. they dont like you smacking children now either.

Last edited by fuzzy; 20-04-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 20-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by morcheen
why say 'i beat the shit out of my dogs as pups' if you didn't ?

.its the guard dog trainers term.....not mine,in others words you dont show who is boss now you will have a dog that could harm the owner or worse a child thru no disipline.

...this is why rotties will be banned..this is why kids have no disipline..the world is fucking crazy

...smacking IS needed
Old 20-04-2008, 08:23 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you DO need to be dominant over a dog, make sure they know who is boss, firm but fair.

But can't see why the guy needs to say sorry for a misleading comment you made? He like you clearly likes his dogs and felt strong enough to have a pop at you, so maybe you should be the one to say sorry? I am sure you would be miffed is someone came on here claiming to miss treat their dog?
Old 20-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Ima Racing

...HOW IS DISICPLINE BEING CRUEL?

Let me talk to you like children.......being cruel is beating another being for nothing.

And You wonder why the world has kids that kill teachers
Old 20-04-2008, 08:40 PM
vinnyvangough

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same as everything now, they just love telling you what you can and cant do.
When i was younger if i done something round i got a bloody big smack for it, and i believe i turned out ok. My mates dogs have been severly disciplined and do as commanded now, whereas my other mates dog has only ever been mothered by his owner and wont do a damn thing, s**ts and p****s indoors and just wont learn.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

In fairness Phil if you say 'I beat the shit out of my dogs' then you have to accept people will be offended by that. Me for one.
You need to try and learn some new words to describe things. Try the 3-5 section in your local library.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by vinnyvangough
Same as everything now, they just love telling you what you can and cant do.
When i was younger if i done something round i got a bloody big smack for it, and i believe i turned out ok. My mates dogs have been severly disciplined and do as commanded now, whereas my other mates dog has only ever been mothered by his owner and wont do a damn thing, s**ts and p****s indoors and just wont learn.

Unfortunatly PF is full of experts so your reply will fall on deaf fingers.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Phil - I think your a bit of cunt but I know you love your dogs and would never hurt them.....but if you write such a stupid statement what do you expect people to think...?
Old 20-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by Dannn
Phil - I think your a bit of cunt but I know you love your dogs and would never hurt them.....but if you write such a stupid statement what do you expect people to think...?
..i was relaying what a guard dog trainer told me when i was 20 and had my very first dog a male rottweiler properly bred..the trainer was right..the breeder said put it down.

Thanks.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:58 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

you cant expect all those not in the breeding trade to know the proper technical terms "beat the shit out of my dogs" actually means a light smack on the nose.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Ima Racing

Hard smack.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:14 PM
as355f1

I was once told from a police dog trainer that dogs are pack animals in the wild they fight to gain pack leadership with something like a rotty i would say they would have to be beaten to a certain extent to be shown who the pack leader is or your going to have a very dangerous dog in later years, i totally agree with rubbing there nose in there wee, worked a treat on my lab, he was house trained in 2 weeks, and i don't think its cruel as 2 weeks of a wet nose rather than the rest of his life getting bollocking for pissing in the house
Old 20-04-2008, 09:14 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ima Racing

Unfortunatly PF is full of experts .
Phill, you are a hypercrit,take the blinkers off and see what youve posted on the other thread,then read your quote above.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by as355f1
I was once told from a police dog trainer that dogs are pack animals in the wild they fight to gain pack leadership with something like a rotty i would say they would have to be beaten to a certain extent to be shown who the pack leader is or your going to have a very dangerous dog in later years, i totally agree with rubbing there nose in there wee, worked a treat on my lab, he was house trained in 2 weeks, and i don't think its cruel as 2 weeks of a wet nose rather than the rest of his life getting bollocking for pissing in the house

Thanks mate its really nice to see "real" people on this forum.

This is why the rottie will be banned..stupid owners who think they labs.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:21 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by as355f1

Matey,you dont have to beat a dog or even smack it, fact.

For one second bear with me, You read in the papers where a Dog mauls a child,man beats the dog with a crowbar,but the dog doesnt stop.

How long do you think it takes a dog to get used to a smack,not long then it learns no more and i sme ways that can do more harm than good.

There are other ways of teaching a dog,two ways one by noise,you fill a small pop bottle with gravel and you take it for a walk if it disobeyes you shake the bottle violently,dogs dont like the noise.
Another way is by use of water pistol or water balloons,you shoot the dogs on the face with water or throw a water ballon at its feet.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

In the wrong hands a Rotty is a killer,
In the right hands a Rotty can be the most playful, harmless dog around.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by st3v3

For one second bear with me, You read in the papers where a Dog mauls a child,man beats the dog with a crowbar,but the dog doesnt stop.

How long do you think it takes a dog to get used to a smack,not long then it learns no more and i sme ways that can do more harm than good.

There are other ways of teaching a dog,two ways one by noise,you fill a small pop bottle with gravel and you take it for a walk if it disobeyes you shake the bottle violently,dogs dont like the noise.
Another way is by use of water pistol or water balloons,you shoot the dogs on the face with water or throw a water ballon at its feet.
Think I would rather have a dog piss in my kitchen than throw a water bomb at it, there will be less mess to clean up
Old 20-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Ima Racing

You dont live breath rottweilers..depending on breeding you have to weigh each dog up...my life is rottweilers yours is no doubt your children?

..maybe i am wrong but my life IS rottweilers.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:26 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G
Think I would rather have a dog piss in my kitchen than throw a water bomb at it, there will be less mess to clean up
Old 20-04-2008, 09:28 PM
as355f1

yes i totally agree but it does not work on all dogs and if it does not then what do you do ?
put the dog down ?, it worked a treat on my lab although he now does not like coke bottles but still does not deter from the fact that they are pack animals and they fight to gain pack leader in the wild, a classic example is huskies the one used to pull sleds the guy driving the sled normally beats the shit out the dogs, a rattly bottle just would not work !
Old 20-04-2008, 09:29 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Brother has a young alsatian.
Pop bottle trick worked for maybe a day, noise doesn't make any impression anymore.
As for water, he chases the hose or watering can to bite the water, loves it.
He's a stubborn thing, takes no notice of me no matter what I do.
Brother has his attention, has smacked him on the nose, and gained dominance.
I just get bit on the wrist and ignored lol.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've no time for mamby pamby do gooders that allow their dogs to walk all over them(literaly in some cases) treating their dogs like kids and shit, but hey I guess discipline & respect went out of fashion a long time ago.
How can they then teach their pet when they themselves dont posses basic life skills.

On the other extreme I've been around working dogs for years and the mentality needed to get the best out of working dogs really is a skill. Some may see it as harsh and folks that fall into the "no effing idea dog owner" as cruel.

Seeing a well disciplined dog really is a credit to the owner/handler.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:31 PM
as355f1

this case is usually bull terriers that are trained not to let go, most dogs would the second there kicked or beaten
Old 20-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
In the wrong hands a Rotty is a killer,
In the right hands a Rotty can be the most playful, harmless dog around.
and yet it can still turn and kill........

Any dog can turn no matter how soft...some owners forget this and leave babies and toddlers with their dogs. These people require putting down, not the dog!
Old 20-04-2008, 09:53 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

ALL dogs like rots etc are dangerous like their owners and should be BANNED

IMO !!
Old 20-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Gatecrasher
Not welcome...

Originally Posted by costina
ALL dogs like rots etc are dangerous like their owners and should be BANNED

IMO !!
Right!

An cars that go fast are also Dangerous should we ban them too!

arnt people dangerous too? Yes! lets ban people go and get a rope wrap it round your neck climb up a tree tie it to the highest branch and jump problem sorted
Old 20-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cant be ass'd to read this all.. I dont own dogs and wouldn't really want to...

But

A lady I work with breeds bull dogs of some description and is quite passionate about dogs in general and she talks about being dominant and "fighting" or "beating" the dogs quite often, in no way is it cruelty- when you're dealing with these sorts of animals dominance does appear to be very important.
Old 21-04-2008, 12:30 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

phil why u care what any muppet on the web thinks is beyond me
Old 21-04-2008, 12:55 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dogs need discipline. Good example IMO is my girlfriends family dog, chocolate Lab. I started seeing her about a week after they got him as a pup and he is the most spoiled rotten, fannyed round creature that ever walked this earth. When he was old enough to go out for walks everyone would fight over who got to take him etc as you do with a new "toy", but from day one they let him do as he pleased and obviously as he grew then he got worse and stronger so they found it harder to take him out. Now he was at the point in a matter of months where the novelty had wore off, no one wanted to take him out and they dreaded the thought but grudgingly did as late at night as possible when fewer people were about so he would be less of an arse. This is where I then got the job of taking him out, after just over a week of daily walking and discipline from me he was walking to heel, could be let off the lead and would walk to heel fine, will return instantly on command if he is off the lead etc etc. I used my usual take no shit approach, every time he did something wrong or disobeyed then he got a smack, when he did as he was told he got a biscuit.
I dont often get to go round the house now but he is my dog while Im there, at my feet constantly and follows me like a shadow and will do anything he is told. He has also improved with the rest of the family walking him now but they still have no real command over him as they are just too soft.
Old 21-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
.its the guard dog trainers term.....not mine,in others words you dont show who is boss now you will have a dog that could harm the owner or worse a child thru no disipline.

...this is why rotties will be banned..this is why kids have no disipline..the world is fucking crazy

...smacking IS needed
I agree, every dog needs discipline or it will walk all over you. If more people who own dogs understood how a dogs mind works and how it behaves in the wild and how it is treated in the wild by other members of it's pack they would understand WHY discipline is essential for dogs or they can become dangerous to you as a human being......

Any dog has the potential to be dangerous not just Rotties!!

They are a domesticated wild animal and whilst you must always respect them for what they are you must also discipline when needed.

I do NOT agree with beating a dog or even smacking them hard on the nose and Phil i thought you would know that their nose is one of the places that you should NOT smack as it is actually the most sensitive part of their body and you can do alot of damage by doing this. I don't agree on hitting any animal in the face, i think it's disgusting!!

You can discipline a dog without using aggression Phil, afterall that is the last trait we want to see in our dogs, and dogs lead by example!

Last edited by Nicole; 21-04-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 21-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Totally agree with Nicole, Dogs (and kids for that matter) need discipline, but if you have confident body language just a firm "NO" is normally enough in most circumstances, Generally I would say that you needing to actually physically strike a dog or kid means you've failed to be assertive enough by other means.
As the only person giving it food, and with no way of feeding itself, a dog is naturally going to be subserviant to you anyway, especially if you have it from a puppy.
If you do need to strike your dog though showing off on the internet that you "beat the shit out of" it is likely to get you negative attention I would thought, as it doesnt sound like a measured amount of discipline, it just sounds like a silly little man taking out his inadequecies on a dog.

Last edited by Chip; 21-04-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 21-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Ima Racing

...smacking the nose on other breeds may be a problem...on a rotty not a problem mainly because you cant hard enuff smack elswhere..people underestimate how tuff they actually are hence requiring very firm treatment..remember this only occurs in the 12 to 20 week period as this is the most valuable time for training a Rotty...if you havent shown who is the boss you are in trouble later on particualary a full male....as adults my dogs dont do much wrong to require a smack...unless females accidentally get to each other which because of the full male is VERY alarming and i have to physically pull them off each other which of course gets the risk of accidental biting me....no shouting is ever gonna work My house is made up of 5 beings which equals a pack....there has to be a leader.

BUT remember this is my method because we always have 3 + ENTIRE dogs
Old 21-04-2008, 09:31 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatecrasher
Right!

An cars that go fast are also Dangerous should we ban them too!

arnt people dangerous too? Yes! lets ban people go and get a rope wrap it round your neck climb up a tree tie it to the highest branch and jump problem sorted
The remark was ment for Phil so he can Have a bitch

As for the rope remark not funny when teens are hanging dead in bridgend

And last for cars the Gov will prob ban everything that we like one day anyway!!

Phil don't put remarks on here that small minded people will react to as anyone should be aware if caught hurting animals their in serious shit hence the RSPCA !
Old 21-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

I understand it's different for every breed of dog Phil. And also if you have 3 dogs who are entire then you have your hands full and must be in charge at all times to avoid a nasty accident. BUT i don't agree with you about the nose thing. I have studied the nervous system of the canine species and the nose IS the most sensitive part of the body PERIOD on ANY dog. It may be less sensitive on Rotties (i wouldn't know) but still should not be smacked there. All in my own opinion of course Phil. You do what you do and your dogs always look lovely and well cared for on photos etc, but don't agree that you HAVE to smack them in order to get a disciplined dog. That's just your method not mine.
Old 21-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Ima Racing

..nicole....any other breed and i am sure you dont need to...but when i raise my hand to my dogs they do as told so early training has taught them..raised voice means they doin something wrong..but these are cheeky barstards they push...so i have to go to raised hand..as said these dogs push push...individually the raised voice is normally enuff but the hand is needed when together...incidentally i actually play fight with my dogs and they LOVE it (you need to see them play fight each other and you see how hard they are )....and can garantee no mouthing occurs..how many can say they stopped the mouthing which is very important on
these dogs.

..its all being taken out of context in anycase they are DOGS...smacking a dog on the nose as a pup is the best way to get thru to them..as you say Nicole its a sensitive area hence why its there...it hurts that is the point..dont take long and you get a repectful dog in our experience.....but as i say DOG/ANIMAL...you got christianh claiming he will knock me out for disipline my dog the way i do.....surely its him that needs the disipline as he thinks its ok to knock a HUMAN out for disicipline on a DOG...lol.....incidentally how i bring my dogs up is up to me..i just tell the truth i dont hide...gets me in trouble as i am now a dog beater the internet you cant beat it
Old 21-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by costina
As for the rope remark not funny when teens are hanging dead in bridgend
So they've got a choice! Off topic (Sorry Phil) but taking your own life is so fucking selfish it cunts me RIGHT OFF! I've had first hand experience of dealing with it when someone VERY close to me did it a few years ago, why he took that route i'll never know, very selfish, doesn't stop you loving and missing them though!

As for the dog scenario, we have a staff, 4 yr old male and he gets a fucking good clip round the ear if and when he does something he knows full well he shouldn't, there is a HUGE difference between discipline and abusing a dog!
Old 21-04-2008, 02:38 PM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i totally agree with dan, abusing is one thing and disciplining is another!
mayas a husky and she knows shes bottom of the pack but trust me she tries to get higher than my little girl at times. but i dont need to hit her of scream at her or beat her lol it;s all in the tone of my voice and my facial expressions. i use alot of body language with her, i only have to click my fingers for her attention and if i point to the door she gets to her bed.

And to be fair mate you sayin you beat the shit out of my pups or whatever it was, the first thing that came into my head was "wtf!?" and i dont know you but it just shows you do have to be careful what you say on here and how you say it.

now the other day when we had an accident with the hamster because she knew she'd done wrong (admittedly i did scream at her, but only to get her to drop the hamster!) i didnt speak to her for the whole day, i didn't acknowledge her at all and i let her have the run of the place so i didn't punish her but i didnt speak to her. and she knew she'd done something so bad because usually about 9am she howls for me to let her out, well she was silent and oh my goodness was she sorry lol! so it just shows you dont have to raise a hand or anything to even tell ya dog off, well i dont anyway.

plus i heard that if you smack a dog it's 10 times harder or lighter than it feels to you or something i dunno, anyone know what thats about?

Quick Reply: ..words said on the internet