General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

..words said on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 21-04-2008, 02:47 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TemptRS

plus i heard that if you smack a dog it's 10 times harder or lighter than it feels to you or something i dunno, anyone know what thats about?
Must be lighter, I smack brothers alsatian on the nose, do it firm but it takes no notice at all.
Could hit it all day long and wouldn't let go of it's ball
Old 21-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

...i can assure you i cannot hurt my dogs....although i reckon a ruler on the bollocks may do
Old 21-04-2008, 03:01 PM
4x4

Ima Racing i just commented on the other thread about beating the shit out of your pup.

i also thought you meant actually kicking the shit out of it but now you've cleared that up!

have to agree with you that rottweilers don't really feel it when yu do give them a slap! its unbelieveable how immune to pain they are!
Old 21-04-2008, 03:09 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Rubbing the nose in piss is the way to go, puppies, kittens, or human babies - they all learn the same
Old 21-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Ima Racing

4x4......the only reason why i choose the smacking of nose treatment is when they growl....proper bred pups will growl if you try to take a proper bone from them our first did this we didnt know what to do...it would have bitten..guard dog trainer said beat the shit out of it because you aint the boss and until you are that dog is a danger to you and people around you....i went with this advice smacking on nose hard..he dropped it,i got no bite he learned who the boss was...everyone was a winner.

..i am interested in everyone with a rottie to honestly say that if you gave the dog a sheeps skull that you could get him to drop it no worries or do you avoid such treats?...If your dog drops it easily i say you have a soft rottie which is good....i have to e3ven now raise my hand and sometimes have to tap the nose to drop....but understand my dogs are primaraly guard dogs..NOT family pets..i see a different side to them...maybe thats why we are getting such wires crossed?
Old 21-04-2008, 09:12 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my scummy neighbour has a rotty and staff,he never walks them,or did for a few weeks when he first got them,now they only get let out into the small garden,it's normally full of dog shit,he is the type of person who should not have a dog. i wonder would bringing in a big dog licence make a difference though?
Old 22-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

Holy Moley Phil & 4x4, i didn't realse that Rotties could express their thoughts and feelings on pain, let alone talk!! Jesus i take back what i said, i didn't realise your dogs have told you how much pain they can tolerate and that they are 100% happy with you hitting them "hard" on the nose
Old 22-04-2008, 09:18 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
If you do need to strike your dog though showing off on the internet that you "beat the shit out of" it is likely to get you negative attention I would thought, as it doesnt sound like a measured amount of discipline, it just sounds like a silly little man taking out his inadequecies on a dog.
Couldn't agree more.

It seems to me that Phil did the post deliberately just so he could then say how great a Rottie owner he is.
Old 22-04-2008, 09:41 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bit ridiculous this thread isnt it really
Old 22-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Ima Racing

..nicole...a whimper normally shows pain...mine have never wimpered from a smack...but when they are playing together you get the odd scream...watch them play its hardly likely i could do any damage without an iron bar to them!..or are my dogs clever enuff not to show pain to make em look hard?..PMSL

..DanW,quoting chip was the only way for me to see his reply and due to the fact that user has a stalker/brown nosing personality and only says things to try get a reaction from me,i cannot possibly reply and encourage this.

..to you however i can say i am just a rottie fanatic,i have never experienced any other breed..i have a method of training,some like some dont,what really counts is wether they are fed/watered not surrounded by there own shit and praised aswell as told no....you may think i am bigging myself up WRONG because i do something you should never do..and let a rottie sleep on the bed!
Old 22-04-2008, 01:11 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
you may think i am bigging myself up WRONG because i do something you should never do..and let a rottie sleep on the bed!
What's a dog sleeping on your bed got to do with you bigging yourself up? You're one of the biggest ego-maniacs on PF, and I'd say 80% of your posts involve some kind of "ooh look at me" element. If that's the way you roll then knock yourself out, just be aware that you're setting yourself up for a fall by doing so.

I've reserved judgement on you until now, but by posting not one, but two threads exclaiming how you hit your animals makes me think you're a prick.
Old 22-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....you may think i am bigging myself up WRONG because i do something you should never do..and let a rottie sleep on the bed!

Waiting every morning for a dawn raid, after all wishing is believing.
Old 22-04-2008, 02:04 PM
4x4

Originally Posted by Nicole
Holy Moley Phil & 4x4, i didn't realse that Rotties could express their thoughts and feelings on pain, let alone talk!! Jesus i take back what i said, i didn't realise your dogs have told you how much pain they can tolerate and that they are 100% happy with you hitting them "hard" on the nose

no darling they dont tell me but if you live with them you'll understand...

e.g. when they're excited and run around like reckless bulls they bang their heads, legs, faces etc on the doors, on the dinning table, chairs and they carry on like nothing happened where a human would be floored.

dont beat them up, but when they kick off and want to go for another doggy i have tried snapping them out of it by a hard slap on the thighs but they dont feel shit as they act the same.

also when they are lying down chewing their toys and i slap them hard on the thigh they seriously are not phased by it, just carry on chewing toy/bone. BEFORE YOU GO MAD AT THE LAST COMMENT I DONT HIT THEM FOR NOTHING, I NORMALLY PLAY A LITTLE ROUGH WITH THEM AND THEY KNOW IM ONLY PLAYING
Old 22-04-2008, 02:12 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil,

Why shouldnt you let a Rottie sleep on a bed with you? Genuine question mate
Old 22-04-2008, 02:27 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

That dog women on channel four never used to use smacks

I don't hit my pony, if I lead her to her field she walks beside me good as gold, if another women who isn't assertive at all leads her she pulls her all over the place, they take the mick when they know they can get away with it

Z
Old 22-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio zo
they take the mick when they know they can get away with it
Was that still on about the pony, or about women?

true either way
Old 22-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Phil,

Why shouldnt you let a Rottie sleep on a bed with you?
Rape.

Both ways.

Depending on mood.

Was a court order that he wouldnt let it happen again.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
What's a dog sleeping on your bed got to do with you bigging yourself up? You're one of the biggest ego-maniacs on PF, and I'd say 80% of your posts involve some kind of "ooh look at me" element. If that's the way you roll then knock yourself out, just be aware that you're setting yourself up for a fall by doing so.

I've reserved judgement on you until now, but by posting not one, but two threads exclaiming how you hit your animals makes me think you're a prick.

..danW i just noted i was talking to a contributor of a magazine which is soft,strong and thorougly absorbant..i know as i once bought a copy just as well as i did as we'd run out of toilet paper...seriously!

Now go away...and dont judge someone you only know on the net....i could quite easily judge you a moron but cant.

Rich...letting the dog into a bedroom is frowned upon as its supposed to have its own bed and not share with its master!...but he smells so much better than the missus ROFL
Old 22-04-2008, 03:15 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Now go away...and dont judge someone you only know on the net....i could quite easily judge you a moron but cant.
You can't judge me a moron because I don't set myself up for it.

And no, I don't know you, but you clearly want to be judged, otherwise you wouldn't post what you post. Don't take it personally – I would judge anyone who brags so openly about hitting animals.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Ima Racing

You can't judge me a moron because I don't set myself up for it.

And no, I don't know you, but you clearly want to be judged, otherwise you wouldn't post what you post. Don't take it personally – I would judge anyone who brags so openly about hitting animals.

..hitting?...smacking on nose as a puppy to train disipline in an animal that is known to be a dangerous dog in the wrong hands...i think your find the killer dogs are just animals that have no disipline with owners who think they know there dog inside out.

...you seemed intelligent tbh but you have taken disipline as beating probably to get an internet status as surely even you can see i dont beat my animals up for fun or disipline...tell me where do you stand on smacking a naughty kid?
Old 22-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Chip

DanW, I think you are being very unfair to imply Phil hits his dog just cause he said:

beat the shit out of it as a pup when it does wrong let it know who the boss is
Clearly you are taking it the wrong way, and he meant just tap it on the nose
Old 22-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Honestly people, do you think Phil goes a couple of rounds with his Rotties every night? pmsl! All dogs need discipline - it makes for a better relationship all round and the dog is generally happier as it knows its place in the family. Dogs like Rotties NEED to have discipline or you're potentially gonna have big problems when its a big dog and you cant control it!

All the regulars on here must know about Phil and his dogs, they're his life! - with that in mind i find it funny how people can think he abuses his dogs.

when i was a kid i used to get a smack for being naughty - i think ive turned out a reasonably well rounded person. Parents get hauled before the courts for doing it these days - and look at the state of our countrys youths....... same can be said for dogs. if you dont discipline them they'll all grow up to be chavs! lol
Old 22-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
DanW, I think you are being very unfair to imply Phil hits his dog just cause he said:

Clearly you are taking it the wrong way, and he meant just tap it on the nose

im 99% sure phil doesnt mean that literally - im sure all this is just a bad choice of words.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
im 99% sure phil doesnt mean that literally - im sure all this is just a bad choice of words.
Of course he doesnt mean it literally, he was trying to look hard and to get attention, which he then started this thread to moan that he successfully got.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:40 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

.tell me where do you stand on smacking a naughty kid?
Have two kids, would never smack them. Ever. There are many much more suitable methods of dealing with problems than physically hurting them.

You simply cannot compare kids to dogs. People who have animals as kid substitutes never understand that. People with kids do.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by Daveyboy

..what gets me the quote beat the fuck out of dog was from the guard dog trainer..i have reiterarted this but no one hears
Old 22-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah i read that bit - but they have the bit between their teeth now and they aint letting go
Old 22-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Ima Racing

Have two kids, would never smack them. Ever. There are many much more suitable methods of dealing with problems than physically hurting them.

You simply cannot compare kids to dogs. People who have animals as kid substitutes never understand that. People with kids do.

..and you cannot compare a dog to a kid...a dog needs to be smacked if a strong minded animal with other dogs around it they all need to know who is boss a raised voice simply doesnt work unless your dogs are not typical of the rottweiler breed ie timid....on a child they can understand being higher intelligence......people who have kids instead of a dog never understand this.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:53 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

..what gets me the quote beat the fuck out of dog was from the guard dog trainer..i have reiterarted this but no one hears
I read that, but I also read...

to me beating a dog is smacking its nose very hard
...smacking IS needed
smacking a dog on the nose as a pup is the best way to get thru to them.. its a sensitive area hence why its there...it hurts that is the point
I'm not saying you're a bad person, or that you don't love your dogs (you clearly do) but creating posts specifically to brag about hitting them (whatever the reason) singles you out as someone who doesn't actually 'get it'.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Ima Racing

...dan...i only posted up because on another post i quoted i smacked for disipline which got taken out of context..it annoyed me that people could think i was cruel..it is needed and i am not bragging i am trying to make people aware a rottweiler is not a breed to bring up wrong..yes if you got timid one's or just ONE you can possibly voice train it...my male pup has hardly needed any disipline as yet..maybe because he lives with 2 females and dont want his balls cut off

..but to say i am bragging is just absurd!...i brag about my mecr and ferrari and bikes NOT how i bring a puppy up!
Old 22-04-2008, 04:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Then our definition of 'Brag' differs. And there I'll leave it.
Old 22-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Ima Racing

...maybe if no one responded with objections to my original post or questions then i would not reply and be accused of bragging?
Old 22-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Dave_YD
Regular Contributor

bit off topic...are guard dogs actually trained to bit/hurt intruders? or simply just to make loadsa noise and try and scare them...
and we have 2 dogs and i think some form of physical discipline is needed, when we first got our dog she used to growl when we took a bone off her and we smacked her on the nose now she is fine and will drop it to command, and to stop her pissing everywhere we put her nose in it and it worked fine and she seems perfectly happy and knows she is at the bottom of the pack in our household and never bothers kids/babies when they come.
Old 22-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Chip

According to Mick who goes to the berks group and trains guard dogs, they are trained to bark and intimidate first, and only actually physically attack when absolutely required, so they should never just start randomly biting people.
He had a role where he had to be a "secret shopper" effectively and pretend to an intruder and make sure he didnt get bitten too much, sod that

Police dogs will bark at you if you stand still when they catch you, and will take you to the ground if you try and move, if you try and struggle on the ground, they will attempt to keep you there.

Last edited by Chip; 22-04-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 22-04-2008, 05:02 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are police dogs trained for people running at them?
Have heard it can fuck them up, lol.
Old 22-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by Dave_YD
bit off topic...are guard dogs actually trained to bit/hurt intruders? or simply just to make loadsa noise and try and scare them...
and we have 2 dogs and i think some form of physical discipline is needed, when we first got our dog she used to growl when we took a bone off her and we smacked her on the nose now she is fine and will drop it to command, and to stop her pissing everywhere we put her nose in it and it worked fine and she seems perfectly happy and knows she is at the bottom of the pack in our household and never bothers kids/babies when they come.
..thats how you bring a dog up..well done.

A rottweiler should never be guard dog trained as its already there and you will make it more aggressive...the police after said training had to stop using them due to there inability to get them off there capture!...Do not stoke the fire in a rotties head...ok you cant take a police dog untrained out in the field hence why rotties aint used..they are TOO good!
Old 22-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Are police dogs trained for people running at them?
Have heard it can fuck them up, lol.
Not sure mate, everytime we called the police dogs in at my old workshop when we had burglars they only ever tried running away not towards the dog, lol

Dog won everytime
Old 22-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Ima Racing

...a german sheprerd is the ideal guard dog for the police..as they need training to be effective as it isnt inbuilt like in a rotties head......the doberman is also a poor choice being a rottie cross greyhound......very unpredictable.
Old 22-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Chip

...a german sheprerd is the ideal guard dog for the police..as they need training to be effective as it isnt inbuilt like in a rotties head......the doberman is also a poor choice being a rottie cross greyhound......very unpredictable.
Our local nick had a German Shephard and a Rottweiler, they were happy to use either, so evidently what you are saying about them not using rottweilers is a load of old bollocks.

This one was called TJ, and was as well behaved as Alfie the shepard, both were completely tame when in the nick during the day and people could pet and stroke them etc, but once on a job, the ONLY person safe was the handler, they even used to attack cops if the cops were running away cahsing a burglar or whatever, as they didnt know the uniform, only their trainer, so whenever they let them into the workshop, me and all the cops stood really fucking still on the outside, first time they came round I wanted to pet the dog as Ive always been a dog lover and never scared of dogs, but I soon learnt to be in that instance

The shephard came flying out of a window near me on one occasion and a 17 stone 6'3 copper was hiding behind me shitting himself cause he didnt want to get bitten again luckily the handler called him back in before he got as far as to me.

Very cool animals, reeally useful service they provide to the police

Last edited by Chip; 22-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.