General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Polish power!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2008, 07:18 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polish power!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just round here or are the fucking poles painting all over your bridges too, evertime i go under a bridge some dimwit pole has sprayed polish power on it

They come here for a better life so why try make our country look even more of a cunt

Need to show some

Rant over
Old 20-04-2008, 07:35 AM
shauns
nobody knows me..

same where im at mate, cant be many poles left in poland!
Old 20-04-2008, 07:48 AM
reco
Virgin

there goverment is asking for them back lol
Old 20-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Know what you mean mate - beginning to piss everyone off. Lost count of the amount of shops round here that have got 'Polski' on their signage.....and none can speak fucking English either.
Old 20-04-2008, 07:58 AM
shauns
nobody knows me..

sad thing is they re the only ones who ll work round here everyone else are too happy to bum off the dole
Old 20-04-2008, 08:16 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Yeah there workers no doubt about it but why treat the country that welcomes them like shit.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:22 AM
shauns
nobody knows me..

because they can as a country we just sit back and take it, we re not allowed to complain that goes against their human rights
Old 20-04-2008, 08:28 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD Pete
Yeah there workers no doubt about it but why treat the country that welcomes them like shit.
the country as a whole doesnt welcome them. the bosses of companies that can employ cheap labour welcomes them until they realise they have to get someone else in to follow them up to fix their shoddy work.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:33 AM
justinwithers

fuck it lets all move to poland, plenty of single birds for every one
Old 20-04-2008, 08:42 AM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Originally Posted by justinwithers
Yeah but have you SEEN Polish women? Not a sight for sore eyes IMO!
Old 20-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by justinwithers
sounds like a plan, we could give the girls some pole power

although its a sad state of affairs, the poles do work their arses off though
Old 20-04-2008, 08:53 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
sounds like a plan, we could give the girls some pole power

although its a sad state of affairs, the poles do work their arses off though
maybe the first load that came over did but the ones thatcome over now that i see in the building trade are coming around to the fact that they can live of this reputation they have as being good workers whilst actually doing very little but standing in groups chatting.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is (and we have them here to a lot ) they do the work we don't want to do. Thats the reason why you see them that much.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:13 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Not cheap labour is it? they get the same as our factory workers...

Read a very intersting piece nin one of clarksons books about how are we gonna afford to keep our pensioners as they are living longer and longer. One solution is to invite healthy young foreign workers to increase tax profits.

This country is used and abused.

Keep thinking about selling up and going to australia
Old 20-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Most of them are hardworking, but not many of them have good skills.

Overall im sure they are a positive addition to the workforce, but there are certainly some downsides to them being here, particuarly the ones who just want to save what they can as quickly as possible and take it back home to exploit the exchange rate.

Cant blame them though, id do the same if I was from poland!
Old 20-04-2008, 09:15 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Most of them are hardworking, but not many of them have good skills.

Overall im sure they are a positive addition to the workforce, but there are certainly some downsides to them being here, particuarly the ones who just want to save what they can as quickly as possible and take it back home to exploit the exchange rate.

Cant blame them though, id do the same if I was from poland!
Fair point
Old 20-04-2008, 09:42 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

here we have companies getting rid of the local joiners/plumbers/decorators etc and employing gangs of poles for a few quid an hour cheaper than the local guys. in that gang of poles there might be couple who do know what they are doing and are carrying the rest who are chancers.
the greedy bosses and agency middlemen seem fully prepared to allow this though as its lining their pockets.
we get asked for references, health and safety certificates etc before starting work and when we get there its full of cunts that cant speak english. where do they get their references and certs from? and can it be safe to employ someone on a building site who doesnt understand the language?
its not that local lads dont want to do the work its the fact they have been squeezed out.
forgive me but i dont welcome them with open arms and i wont pretend to be happy about the difficulties in finding work these days.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:43 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

All comes down to greed mate, its all about the mahoney
Old 20-04-2008, 09:47 AM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

Co słychać, Mówię po polsku

My best mate is Polish.... ; ), she came over here about 6 years ago to continue her studies. She was a teacher in Olesno and she is very very well educated with more degrees and stuff then you can shake a stick at. She says one of the majaor problems you have in Poland is the poor wages and the cost of living. When she came over here she took a job cleaning and was earning more then she was when she was a teacher. Even her brother is a Surgeon in Poland and the pittance he is on if outragous...over her he could earn more working in his local supermarket. I think because of the above that why we have so many Polish people in this country and JeroentjeRS has hit the nail on the head.. if someone said to you go to Poland and pick fruit and treble your wages what would you do? and the fact that get x y z benefits (although my mate didnt get a penny) you would have to be mad not to come here.

I see where a lot of people get the right bleeding hump when you hear of non nationals coming here and comitting crime in our country.. I just think have some respect because there is no way the Policja would let them get away with it in their country.. There are a lot of Polish and a lot of them are very nice and well educated people but unfortunately as always they only make the headlines or come to notice when they have done something wrong, and the same goes for other nationalities.

Oh yeah and dont knock the Polish women until you have tried em lol

do zobaczenia

Last edited by fish99; 20-04-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Chip

Sadly thats just how economies work.

If you have a set of skills that are well paid relative to the amount of time taken to gain those skills, then others will join the market and bring down prices, when I do contract work these days I get on average about 25 quid an hour less than I used to do, for similar reason, although in my case the poles arent the issue its the indians, but I dont begrudge them it, they are invariabley VERY good at the technical stuff I do (although not so hot at interacting with clients due to language issues) and they tend to be hard working as well (harder than me for certain, lol)

Originally Posted by fuzzy
here we have companies getting rid of the local joiners/plumbers/decorators etc and employing gangs of poles for a few quid an hour cheaper than the local guys. in that gang of poles there might be couple who do know what they are doing and are carrying the rest who are chancers.
the greedy bosses and agency middlemen seem fully prepared to allow this though as its lining their pockets.
we get asked for references, health and safety certificates etc before starting work and when we get there its full of cunts that cant speak english. where do they get their references and certs from? and can it be safe to employ someone on a building site who doesnt understand the language?
its not that local lads dont want to do the work its the fact they have been squeezed out.
forgive me but i dont welcome them with open arms and i wont pretend to be happy about the difficulties in finding work these days.

Last edited by Chip; 20-04-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:53 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

I know of a few, i work as a mobile mechanic so always meeting new folk, and the majority seem to be friendly qwerky people. Its just the grafiti that pisses me off. Yeah our scum do it but thats something we have tolerated for years.
Old 20-04-2008, 09:56 AM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by RWD Pete
I know of a few, i work as a mobile mechanic so always meeting new folk, and the majority seem to be friendly qwerky people. Its just the grafiti that pisses me off. Yeah our scum do it but thats something we have tolerated for years.
To be honest that really pisses me off also...personally I would like just kick them out of country for it. My mate Steve moved to Spain about 5 years ago and he was told commit any crimes and we will kick you and your family out of country basically.
Old 20-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Chip

Sadly living in the uk, for ANY EU citizen is a right and not a priviledge, so you cant just take it away.
Old 20-04-2008, 10:07 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

how do other countries manage to kick out undesirables? spain as mentioned above is in the EU? france, germany and holland iirc have quotas for allowing set amounts of immigrants in each year. why can they do it but we cant when we are all in the EU and we are a seperate island with controllable borders?
i lived in holland for a couple of years. i was entitled to ,and expected nothing from them . even their own citizens had to work at least 6 months of the year to be entitled to benefits .none of this benefit culture that we have.
we have to many of our own home grown scum and chancers we dont need to import other countries undesirables as well.
Old 20-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Chip

You lived in holland and were entitled to the same (nothing) as their citizens would be based on the work you did, is that what you are saying?

If so how is that different to people coming here and being entitled to the same as other UK citizens?

The quotas you refer to are for immigrants to the EU, such as albanians, they do NOT apply to people who are already EU citizens like the polish or french/spanish/english etc
Old 20-04-2008, 10:12 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

the way i remember reading it was that the quotas were for EU migrants as well ,but without having the story to read i can check for sure.i was entitled to nothing as a foreign worker . their own people got benefits but still had to work for a while to qualify.why are we handing out so many benefits willy nilly unchecked when other EU countries dont?
and paying child benefits to people that have kids back home in their own country?

Last edited by fuzzy; 20-04-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 20-04-2008, 10:14 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Whats next....... IRAQ POWER!!!! bloody north pole power. Makes me wonder when the british folk will be minority and i dont mean white folk....i mean the british ppl of our generation out numbered by boat loads of yargen polski power puff men and women
Old 20-04-2008, 10:15 AM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

And another thing is the bloody fact they can claim benefits for there kids back home, works out a good few million a year
Old 20-04-2008, 02:13 PM
badnews
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

the reason i have moved to australia, now we have goots over here
Old 20-04-2008, 02:45 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by badnews
the reason i have moved to australia, now we have goots over here
but what you need to realise is you have become what you hated here. you are the australians equivelent of the poles .
Old 20-04-2008, 03:16 PM
checkeredbob
Virgin

A mate and I were talking about this the other day. We've come to the conclusion that we're going to move to Poland, import english people illegally and employ said people in our very own building company.

See how Poland likes it
Old 20-04-2008, 03:34 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by checkeredbob
A mate and I were talking about this the other day. We've come to the conclusion that we're going to move to Poland, import english people illegally and employ said people in our very own building company.

See how Poland likes it
theyll love it.they will be able to do the building works that they need to do but cant because everyones left. cant see the english people being to happy about working for a couple of shiny buttons a week though.
Old 20-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by checkeredbob

See how Poland likes it
Given that you are allowed to legally move to poland, just like they are allowed to legally move here, as its part of the EU to which they and we belong and have signed up specifically to allow each others citizens to live in, how do you propose to move them there illegally, drive over the speed limit on your way perhaps?
Old 20-04-2008, 03:46 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

the problem is that they are far too spread out across the UK!!

i propose that a designated area be made so that they have a 'poland town', not sure where the best place would be, but somewhere in wales?
Old 20-04-2008, 04:32 PM
checkeredbob
Virgin

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Given that you are allowed to legally move to poland, just like they are allowed to legally move here, as its part of the EU to which they and we belong and have signed up specifically to allow each others citizens to live in, how do you propose to move them there illegally, drive over the speed limit on your way perhaps?
You do realize that we never actually intended to do this. It was just pub talk
Old 20-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best looking girl in the entire building where I work (3500 people) is a polish cleaner...

fit as.

Makes all the UK girls look like overweight ugly wasters...

They work hard, some of the girls are tidy and as long as they dont write crap on the wall, I am cool with it!

RW
Old 20-04-2008, 05:43 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
The best looking girl in the entire building where I work (3500 people) is a polish cleaner...

fit as.

Makes all the UK girls look like overweight ugly wasters...

They work hard, some of the girls are tidy and as long as they dont write crap on the wall, I am cool with it!

RW
You dont work for the same company i do by any chance? haha
Old 20-04-2008, 05:46 PM
kevbnicpp
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

what pisses me off is the thaught of them comming over, regestering as self employed which they dont realisticly end up having to pay there tax bill/first tax return for two years. and then oh look ive made loads of money tax free because im gonna fuck off back to poland before they come knocking for it, never to return to the uk. (one rich polish bricklayer as from what ive been told from a pole that the average monthley wage over there works out at £250 per month!
Old 20-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Stephen_B
I actually Bum This Place

a tesco near me dedicates a very large shelving area to polish food. Burton on trent for you. Full of them!!!
Old 20-04-2008, 05:51 PM
kevbnicpp
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by Stephen_B
a tesco near me dedicates a very large shelving area to polish food. Burton on trent for you. Full of them!!!
yeah pickled cabbage, and dont forget the coy carp!

Quick Reply: Polish power!!!!!!!!!!