General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

address check . . .

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2008, 08:54 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default address check . . .

this may sound like a stupid question but i need to find out an address from a reg number is this in any way shape of form possible? i dont think so for car safety etc but worth a try
Old 16-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99% sure you cant mate. Only Police can
Old 16-04-2008, 08:58 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

the dvla can give out the information if there is a legitimate reason.
Old 16-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

i wouldnt like to think someone could find out where i live from my reg no, they could be planning to steal your car

surely data protection would stop it
Old 16-04-2008, 09:05 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

thats what i was thinkin. legitemate reason!! well . . . lol last night i was ridin home from the skate park and a white car drove past someone popped through the sun roof and threw 2 eggs at me! missing me by inches! they fucked off then they went past me and did the same to a couple walking ahead quite a bit in front of me! got his reg. dont want to do any damage as theyre just fuckin about like we all have!just leave a little supprise maybeeggs and flower on his car lol
Old 16-04-2008, 09:07 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
i wouldnt like to think someone could find out where i live from my reg no, they could be planning to steal your car

surely data protection would stop it
the dvla will give out addresses etc, for example if you park in a private car park, the owner or company running it can ask the dvla for the info so that they can fine you.
Old 16-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by NEEDFORSPEED
thats what i was thinkin. legitemate reason!! well . . . lol last night i was ridin home from the skate park and a white car drove past someone popped through the sun roof and threw 2 eggs at me! missing me by inches! they fucked off then they went past me and did the same to a couple walking ahead quite a bit in front of me! got his reg. dont want to do any damage as theyre just fuckin about like we all have!just leave a little supprise maybeeggs and flower on his car lol

i doubt if you tell the dvla that you wanna go and egg someones car theyll give you their address mind

" im looking for a car, they egged me and i want to repay the favour, any chance of their address please? "

best off just carrying a few boxes, if you ever see the bugger again bombard him
Old 16-04-2008, 09:19 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

haha may call them tomo to see what they say for the comedy factor! we were goin to all get some eggs tonight and have a ride about but then we thought fuckin hell were 23 not 15! oh well lol at least someones stil havin fun!
Old 17-04-2008, 06:15 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can show "JUST CAUSE", the DVLA are LEGALLY obliged to give you the info.
This is a part of the DATA PROTECTION ACT, which not only protects info but ensures it is available if you can show just cause, if you can show just cause the POLICE also have to give you this, but generally they do as they want regardless of what the law says.
tabetha