General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

First Bike accident of the season.....

Search this Thread

Old 14-04-2008, 11:23 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default First Bike accident of the season.....

Coming out of work tonight, I was just heading off down towards the motorway, when I looked accross the island I was going over, and saw an SP2 on the deck just up the next road with glass everywhere, and the rider being helped off the road. I pulled over to see if I could help at all ( having just come off a days first aid training ) , luckily he only caught a glancing blow off a young lads punto , as he pulled off a drive just as the bike came past, not hurt except his leg, but still recon he has fucked his left knee good and proper as it got caught between the bike and car ..... 30Mph and it could have been a lot worse, to be fair the lad in the punto admitted blame straight away, and trooped out the classic line " sorry mate, didn't see you ) ...( didn't see or didn't look properly?) ....

Waited over half an hour for the ambulance as well

Take it easy out there chaps, we lost 3 lads from base last 2 years to bike accidents, wiltshire seems to have a lot of them
Old 15-04-2008, 12:20 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tbh thats why i dont ride that often mate and am looking at selling my bike's.

Dont know, maybe just getting old and realising that they are dangerous well not the bike's but other people when your on them.

Everytime i see a crash i feel sick, odd cos when i've crashed i never felt like that.

Hope the bloke's ok and as you said it could of been worse.
Old 15-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

we're all very vulnerable on bikes due to some clueless pricks in cars
Old 15-04-2008, 08:43 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my mate was killed when he came of his bike, he slide across the floor and his head was crushed by an oncomming lorry
Old 15-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R5FORD
my mate was killed when he came of his bike, he slide across the floor and his head was crushed by an oncomming lorry
Nasty, sorry to hear that mate!

I saw someone drop there scooter the other day, he was going round the roundabout behind me, I looked back in the rear view mirror and he'd dropped it, was quite comical and he got up fine (was only a 15/20mph drop).
Old 15-04-2008, 09:06 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

whilst I am very careful to look out for bikes when changing lanes, pulling out etc etc, I do see some utter cocks on bikes that can weave between say 5 cars in the space of 3-5 seconds. How the fuck do you expect drivers to see you if you dont give them a chance because by the time they look chances are you are already out of their vision blind spot or not

Happened to me before but luckily I spotted the bike from a large distance away and I could see it going in and out in and out AT SPEED and by the time I knew it it was alongside me and overtaking.
Old 15-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

One of the main reasons I sold my bike last year after enjoying a very short season - got clipped by a car and sent me over the otherside of the road, if anything had been coming the other way, then I wouldn't be here now
Old 15-04-2008, 09:48 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

and the worst thing is that i always get a biker that is about 10 cars behind..they see the cossie and rush and weave through traffic to pull up next to me so they can 'race' me.. some bikers cause tere own death by stupididy but the majority are good riders that have bad luck i guess
Old 15-04-2008, 09:51 AM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Took a test ride on a trumpet 675 few weeks ago, dropped it within 20 metres of the shop, knackered me back a treat. Wheeled the remains back to the shop where one of the lads asked if I'd dropped it on the exit slope, as there had been lots of black ice there the night before. Wish he had told me earlier.
Old 15-04-2008, 11:09 AM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Me mate died on a bike. He came round a blind bend, lost control and went through a fence. Died later in Hospital! When I visited the site, I personally think someone pulled out on him and he swerved to avoid. Police say no one else was involved!! There is a blind bend before a side road (Ive almost hit cars pulling out of it) with markings on the kurb oposite this road... Nothing got provn tho.
Old 15-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by R5FORD
and the worst thing is that i always get a biker that is about 10 cars behind..they see the cossie and rush and weave through traffic to pull up next to me so they can 'race' me.. some bikers cause tere own death by stupididy but the majority are good riders that have bad luck i guess
Yup know what you mean mate!

I was towing a big car trailer on the back of my car (Not Cos lol) a couple of weekends ago, exited a roundabout and some twat on a superbike with 3 others on superbikes tries to overtake as i'm exiting the roundabout, but the road bottle necked and I was heading for the kerb! I HAD to pull out towards the middle of the road or both car and trailer would have been up on the pavement mowing people down!

Fucking biker just gave me a funny look and still floored it off up a 30mph highstreet!

Last edited by Dan; 15-04-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 15-04-2008, 12:35 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

oo the worst thing is when tehy think they have super bikes iv had groups of bikers al that have just passed there test ( there bikes are limited to 250cc foe the 1s year i think) and they try racing me..sumtimes i just floor it but sometimes i think isit worth it
Old 15-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Its why I won't get on a bike again...
Old 16-04-2008, 07:25 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

that's terrible

that an SP-2 has got damaged