General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

North Yorks Rs Are Con Men ( Read )

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008 | 12:39 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Do people expect it to be free "cos it's the internet" ?

Advertsing costs money - do people keep track of how much revenue/profit they've made form a particular advertsing source vs target audience figures etc?

There won't be 'no traders on PF', because I expect the disgruntled ones will move over to the 'bedroom trader' tactics they always bang on about themselves....

Plus people will still 'know' who's a trader from posts like this one

Last edited by Billabong; 11-04-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2008 | 02:05 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Billabong
Do people expect it to be free "cos it's the internet" ?

Advertsing costs money - do people keep track of how much revenue/profit they've made form a particular advertsing source vs target audience figures etc?

There won't be 'no traders on PF', because I expect the disgruntled ones will move over to the 'bedroom trader' tactics they always bang on about themselves....

Plus people will still 'know' who's a trader from posts like this one
I know exactly what your saying , and it isnt just the 100% price rise that has made me decide not to bother .

there are a few other resons why i dont feel like renewing , but i WILL NOT go into that on here or anywhere else

I do understand running costs of the internet or any other business more than anyone Bill so dont have a pop at me about it, but when you feel somthing isnt value for money then why would you use it ??

Last edited by Mr RS500; 11-04-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2008 | 02:20 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rs500 Registrar
I know exactly what your saying , and it isnt just the 100% price rise that has made me decide not to bother .

there are a few other resons why i dont feel like renewing , but i WILL NOT go into that on here or anywhere else

I do understand running costs of the internet or any other business more than anyone Bill so dont have a pop at me about it, but when you feel somthing isnt value for money then why would you use it ??
Post was for general consumption, given some of the replies - Not having a pop at you, of course you're free to advertise or not - my post was general to the thread & comments herein, not your particular original post (I should have made that clearer in hindsight)

The bit about bedroom traders stands though as a general comment (and someone else suggested following a 'certain route'), - I appreciate it can't always be helped when you're an ex-trader on here, as obviously people have built up an awareness from previous trader status.

Advertising costs - again to the masses who are saying 100% hike is too much when they don't know what the cost was, or now is, or for that matter which of the trade options you're talking about. Łxxx sounds horrendous to people who've never advertised in their life - not suggesting that fits you...
Old 11-04-2008 | 05:30 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

...Does Pete get a discount for being a moderator?..I bet he does!...He will have this place sown up.

Me being mainly trade only makes paying the new fee's stupid...plus everyone knows who i be and what i do ....This site has found the beginning of the end re "revenue" IMO.
Old 11-04-2008 | 06:00 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

i discussed your stuation today paul, and understand fully why you have done it
Old 11-04-2008 | 09:52 PM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

From: In the Karate Dojo , or updating the rs500 database

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
hi mate, you know of any rs500 in malta? cause i saw one, and I am not sure if it was a replica or a real one. thankx!

Ryan you have a PM .

Daz