General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Hey Skeg... getting closer now

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Skeg... getting closer now

Still feeling confident or is it twitchy bum time?

Remaining fixtures...

13 Apr... United vs Arsenal
19 Apr... Blackburn vs United
26 Apr... Chelsea vs United
03 May... United vs West Ham
11 May... Wigan vs United
Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if arsenal draw (and i'm not sure sourfaced old arsene will only play a depleated side) and chelski beat them, that's it, done and dusted

but that's only if chelski win the remaineder of their matches, how hard will that 4-4 draw with spurs bite them in the arse?

if they don't win i can'tr see avram being head honcho next year
Old 07-04-2008, 07:34 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I saw it as a point gained yesterday as after we took the lead then switched off we simply got battered by Middlesbrough and with Vidic and now Rio out it looks like last years treble/Milan woes all over again.

Ideally we needed to beat Middlesbrough to 'plan' for Chelski and Arsenal but as i said before them and West ham were tricky. We now have to beat Arsenal at home and Blackburn away to go into the bridge game without that pressure of them taking over us. We can lose one more if we win the rest and we still have a far better GD.

Definitely getting nervous time now but exciting too.

Last edited by skeg; 07-04-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:55 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by skeg
Definitely getting nervous time now but exciting too.
well said that man
Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Redkop

How was it SAF once described it as..... squeaky bum time?

Whatever Wenger says, I think Arsenal are definitely out of it now, which is a shame, as I'd have preferred them to winning the title instead of Manu or Chelski.

Arsenal with having a smaller squad than ManU/Chelski/Liverpool are looking very tired and jaded at the moment and tomorrow night will take more out of them IMO, so it's a good time really for ManU to face them on Saturday, even with having a makeshift, shaky defence.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:25 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Hopefully Ferdinand just seemed like a little niggle. This week's game on Wednesday shouldnt be too much of a worry and will be interesting to see how our defence fairs up to what should be a good Roma assault as they have nothing to lose.

Gary Neville back to full fitness is a very welcome boost so he can shove brown in the middle with o shea and keep evra on the left. That is by no means a solid centre back two though

Hope Ferdinand is fit for Arsenal and Vidic fingers crossed back for chelsea
Old 07-04-2008, 09:36 AM
dojj

if they get away with a draw then it's open again

the proble with manu is that they have been prone to being opened up at the back, as was shown by boro this weekend
and if arsenal can get good finishers in there it'll be a bit of an open goal scenario if it continues as it has

on the other hand, arsenal have a bit of a shakey defence too and their last few games have highlighted how scared they are to go forward when they need to

but, as a spurs supporter i don't want arsenal to win the title
and seeing as i'm a sheep, i hate manu so i don't want them winning the title either
so it's got to be chelski i'm willing to lift the title this year
Old 07-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We missed Vidic at the weekend i rekon.

Gutted to draw but i think this is where Sir Alex is at his best, you can imagine how much he will rally the troops and get them fired up for the final push.

Im still sure Utd will do the business.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we could still win it but i dont think we will lol
still had a better season than last year so cant complain
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

i personally dont think we (chelsea) will do it or deserve it and i think Arsenal are out of it...BUT you never know. must admit its made it a nice exciting end to the season again.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:22 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
How was it SAF once described it as..... squeaky bum time?

Whatever Wenger says, I think Arsenal are definitely out of it now, which is a shame, as I'd have preferred them to winning the title instead of Manu or Chelski.

Arsenal with having a smaller squad than ManU/Chelski/Liverpool are looking very tired and jaded at the moment and tomorrow night will take more out of them IMO, so it's a good time really for ManU to face them on Saturday, even with having a makeshift, shaky defence.

Yes, that muppet Jeff who interviews on Sky sports and does You're on sky sports sometimes mentioned he once famously said that so is it squeaky bum time and Ferguson said yes but that was pre Middlesbrough.

Ferdinand hasn't broken anything its reported but could be out for a bit and Vidic is 2 weeks away but i think we will be alright if they backup lineup get used to each other a game a two, sadly it's the wrong time to be resting/testing. We should have played O'shea, Brown, Pique and Silvestre/Evra all together early on just in case. Now we could have a England situation where they come in nervous or not familiar with each other like Carson, Lescott etc.

Still a good posistion to be in though with the lazy start we had this year.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Redkop

In an interview about tonight's game...

Meanwhile, Wenger revealed his belief that Arsenal WILL win the Premier League title this season.

He said: "I personally still believe that we will finish champions of this league. The Man Utd result on Sunday helped a lot because if they had won I would have said 'no'. But I still believe we will do it."

As an aside.... and off topic

Well done to Liverpool Ressies for winning the Northern League Reserves Division last night with two games spare and for the 17th time

They play the league winners of the Southern League now to see who is overall champions.

I have seen the Southern League Reserve Tables today for the first time and to say I am surprised is an understatement I thought, Arsenal or Chelsea would be walking away with it... not way down in 5th and 8th places!
Attached Thumbnails Hey Skeg... getting closer now-2397537158_3f78976419_o.jpg  
Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Ideally, we'll stick 3 past Arsenal in the first half.....Wenger will then bring off his big names and rest them ready for the United game (knowing that the CL has gone)

It's exciting as a neutral....my gut feeling is United will still do it, they seem to get the rub of the green of late, even when battered by Boro, they still manage to score a deflected goal from nowhere lol.

Predictions for tonights games are as follows

Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
Man United 1-2 Roma
Chelski 1-1 Fenerbahce

obviosuly meaning Liverpool and United go through

it's getting serious now folks
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
3drstretch
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Still think Man Utd will win the league and deserve it with how they have played this season with Arsenal a close 2nd. Chelsea for me dont play attractive football but are getting slightly better under Avram than they were under 1-0 mourinho. This is coming from a avid Liverpool fan but also a football fan and to be fair Man Utd Have played some awesome football this season and deserve it on that alone for me.

And Liverpool for a 2-1 tonight
Old 08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

i just hope get it together in these few coming weeks..Vidic out is a very big blow..at least Rio can play 2moro(fingers crossed)
very nervous times ahead but its all good