General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any Bathroom Fitters In ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Bathroom Fitters In ?

Can anyone generally advise me on "wet rooms" - i'm thinking of ditching my bath totally and having my bathroom converted to a wetroom but just wondered how good they are ? do they leak lol...how much is it lol...etcAnyone else had one, im also considering a SteamShower combi thing with tv etc....
Old 06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think id only want one if it was a concrete floor below.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i think the kids think we have a wet room already

they get out the bath and chuck half the water in it on the floor
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
project rs
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

done a few now. firstly is it on a wooden floor or solid, as all wastes need to be under the floor so obviously wooden floor is easier for that part. next you need to have a slight fall towards the waste outlet so any water on floor all goes to one point which can be done several ways depending on floor type shape etc. then you need to seal the walls to floor so water that runs down the tiles on the wall goes straight on to floor covering and away this is best done with a special latex sealer which is a two part system with a mesh in second part for strenght bit like fiberglass mesh, as said though depends on materials used to do the job. nicest way of making a designated shower enclosure is plate glass in steel runners set in walls and floor to hold it in place but all the finer details can add a lot of cost to job but make it that wow factor these type of rooms are done for, any specifics you need just ask me and i'll try to help you best i can hope some of that might help