General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone here got a M3 EVO

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
well i test drove a evo today,,,,,,, sorry guys but just aint fun to drive for a toy for me i dont think

goes well but its a little boring for me,,,,, it actually felt slower than my 325 off a roundabout though it did hold the power on longer

ive decided i need a smile brought to my face every time i drive, decided a STI even though need to hold the power on longer is ALOT more fun driving

its just for the ring anyway tbh and something to go to shows in this year to see if i get the "bug" back
you can have my STI type RA for £4200 if you want,perfect track car! never been on one though,but if I still have it in the summer its deffo going on,got my eye on summit else though,let is know if ya fancy it and I`ll sort some pics out
Old 01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well i test drove a evo today,,,,,,, sorry guys but just aint fun to drive for a toy for me i dont think

goes well but its a little boring for me,,,,, it actually felt slower than my 325 off a roundabout though it did hold the power on longer

ive decided i need a smile brought to my face every time i drive, decided a STI even though need to hold the power on longer is ALOT more fun driving

its just for the ring anyway tbh and something to go to shows in this year to see if i get the "bug" back
i know where you are coming from.....have you driven an sti yet?great fun and very quick point to point.
but the bmw shaves it on reliability........especially if going to germany!
but what do i know....just bought a 420 bhp 4x4 sapph and am toying with keeping that for track use!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

type RA aint for me tbh, the gearings too short for me so its gonna be a sti v3/v4

though if you typed this last night you might have sold a car pmsl

i decided after trying a few today that what i need is a car thats fun and repairs aint gonna kill me, BMW to scooby,,,,, had to be the latter one

just trying to get a list of parts i need to make a FAST scooby
Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah gearing is ultra short Ginge TBH, brilliant round the door blaster though,let is know anyway bud if you change ya mind
Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

This still looks coolest IMO

Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Might be worth looking at an E39 540i if you want all round grunt. Superb cars IMO. I wish I never sold my Alpina as that was a great all rounder but I was only clocking up about 10 miles a week in it. I got rid of my Evo and EscCos for the same reason

I'm after something for a weekend car and like you, I quite fancy an M3 or Subaru. I'm looking at parting with about £4-5k. I did get a twinge form that Smokestone 4x4 in the for sale section but my wallet woke me up AND I need to get rid of my current car.

Have you test piloted an Sti yet?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Originally Posted by DangerousBryan
dont forget that if an evo has been driven gently for a while it will go into economy mode. it takes about 10-15 minutes of hard driving to get them back onto full power.

bryan
Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i cant change my mind im afraid, sort of stuck with my choice

jay i drove both,,, 930am driving a evo on a saturday morning,,,,,,, felt like i pulled a super model whos not into sex before marrige

drove a sti,,,, was doing a fair speed down country lanes and the car just felt perfect, so i recon thats the idea im gonna go for

also the idea of breaking the BMW,,,,, prices of parts aint attractive but scoobys and ten a penny

need to find a way to make it QUICKER than my old cossie,,,, but tbh for now im looking t brake and suspention options to get what ever i decide ready for germany
Old 01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Nath
Might be worth looking at an E39 540i if you want all round grunt. Superb cars IMO. I wish I never sold my Alpina as that was a great all rounder but I was only clocking up about 10 miles a week in it. I got rid of my Evo and EscCos for the same reason

I'm after something for a weekend car and like you, I quite fancy an M3 or Subaru. I'm looking at parting with about £4-5k. I did get a twinge form that Smokestone 4x4 in the for sale section but my wallet woke me up AND I need to get rid of my current car.

Have you test piloted an Sti yet?

tbh if your childish like me, then i recomend the scooby, totally different car and perfect for a imature person like me

my budget tbh is only 5k plus maybe another 2k to mod it then after than just maintaining the car ( new engine every 3k miles, new gearbox every year, turbo rebuilds every other weekend )

i have thought about a cossie,,,,, FUCK paying 8k for a car that aint even as good as what i bought for 4300 a few years ago,,,,, cant get parts, chasing rust and fingers crossed each MOT

then i thought escos,,,,,,, even worse apart from the overall looks,,,, shame ill be sitting inside with a MK5 interior to look at

aint got a clue why the WRX aint that good tbh, people keep saying STI or nothing so im doing as im told
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

tbh if your childish like me, then i recomend the scooby, totally different car and perfect for a imature person like me
Thats pretty much summed me up as well

I've got an X5 at the moment but thats just so boring I could fall asleep in it

Looking at the Scoobys, the imports seem to be better spe'd and more power than the UK models. Theres a few nice ones on here:

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/private-sal...7/?daysprune=7

I'd prefer to be up in the late 200's with power than low 200's
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Nath
Thats pretty much summed me up as well

I've got an X5 at the moment but thats just so boring I could fall asleep in it

Looking at the Scoobys, the imports seem to be better spe'd and more power than the UK models. Theres a few nice ones on here:

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/private-sal...7/?daysprune=7

I'd prefer to be up in the late 200's with power than low 200's
im looking for around 350 to 400 when im finished

Old 01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Hooligan
Old 01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im looking for around 350 to 400 when im finished

could be painful!

ive had supposed 280 bhp import imprezas that are much slower than some of the uk ones ive had.dont rule out uk cars.....just go and drive a few....but i would say spend 5/6k and get a type r,awesome and look cool in 2 door.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

wont be painfull if i take my time doing it

for now a anti lift kit, coilovers, bigger brakes and new bushes aswell as a check over before i go the ring

not sure if i should go for a front mounted IC or not though

oh and spoiler fitted to it,,,,,, now i gone jap i can fit a stupid looking spoiler
Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
G 74F 00
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Hi My Old Man Has An M3 Evo For Sale It A 5 Door £ 3500 Theres 11k Of Reciets With It From The Last Owner Who Owned It For 5 Years Theres A Hands Free Kit With Booster Arieals So They Can Be Hiden Under The Bumbers So It Wouldn Spoil The Look Of The Car It Has A Full Tracker System On It. The Guy Who Owned It Before Got Alowence For Oil And Use To Use Oil That Cost Him £90 Just For An Oil Change.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

no point using oil thats 90 quid a litre anyway,,,,,, may aswell wash the windows with the queens spit
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
G 74F 00
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Lol No It Wasnt £90 A Litre That Was For 6 Odd Litres I Ment To Say Its For Sale For £3500 If Your Interested?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

cheers for the though but im gonna go for a scooby as it suits my chavy pikey look i have about me
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what happened to the m3???????
Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

drove 2 of em, one standard M3 and another evo with 80k miles and a sweet sounding engine,,,,,, would have bought it if the aircon was working and the twat who bought it back in the days never fitted a full fucking pikey arse wood effect dash crap to it

anyway i went o test drive 2 scoobies, 1 sti and another was a peice of crap that made my bm look classy

the STI was fucking unreal, was having fun, looks "ok" but i can change how it looks, main thing is its got some DECENT security and its sort of fast ( aint slow but still feels like it needs longer legs)

not to mention its 3k cheeper than my budget for a car
Old 01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well just buy the fucker and get on with it!!!

i would have had 3 cars by the time you make your mind up.....LOL
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Ginge - Hayden is selling his 2 door Sti Type RA thing. Coilvers, rebuilt engine, just been sprayed, £2k alarm etc... Let me know if your interested at all ill pass on your details.

Never that impressed with any BMW performnace wise other than that stupidly quick tuned 328 sport my mate has got (also for sale ironically). So much useable power, very very impressive car imo. Id defo consider it over a Scooby if i was looking for one.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by carlo
Vanos units are 1550+ vat with 10% discount plus you still need to fit it they have went up in price i work for a bmw dealership & my sisters boyfreind has just bought a new vanos as his was grumbling this time last year they were about 1200 + vat
most of the time not everything needs to be changed though....
Old 02-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
well just buy the fucker and get on with it!!!

i would have had 3 cars by the time you make your mind up.....LOL
what makes you think i aint ;

si, not into spending loads on a car and aint gonna get a dodgy blue coloured 328 either as that aint gonna be as much fun either for the ring and a few track days

just want a cheep fun car to stop me going out on the piss as much and wasting money with nothing to show for it and nikki is getting fed up of me comming home at 8am and sleeping/recovering from a hangover for 2 days

she wanted a scooby anyway

how much was hayden looking for hes scooby anyway ?

may give him a call
Old 02-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by AlexF
most of the time not everything needs to be changed though....

you just concentrate on looking after scoobies in your spare time, im gonna need a decent mechanic,,,, just dont you be painting my wing mirrors a different colour to the car !!!!