General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

prince harry in afganistan..but

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2008, 09:13 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts
Default prince harry in afganistan..but

who's the father........

something fishy or what??

ginger doesn't run in royal circles does it?

steve

Last edited by The Youth.; 28-02-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 28-02-2008, 09:19 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he wont be there now hes well gone..imagine if he got captured and beheaded

i bet the s.a.s are glad hes out of the country
Old 29-02-2008, 06:13 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking

Looks like the troops will have to make their own brews now.
Old 29-02-2008, 06:49 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one to the Americans for leaking it.
Old 29-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JxBabe
Atleast they didnt shoot him on a Blue on Blue like they do to everyone else.
Old 29-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What pisses me off is they go on about him like his life is more important than any other poor bugger who is out there trying to make this world a better place for everone to live in .

matters not one bit who you are a life is a life
Old 29-02-2008, 09:48 AM
philram
Mulechild

just heard on the news he's being sent home now...
Old 29-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thing that got me abotu it was the headline on the Sun this morning.. only read on someone else's paper on the train... "prince harry kills 30 taliban" i think it said. makes it sound like he was personally running them through with bayonets, not calling in air strikes!

fair play to the bloke for going though. i wouldn't wanna be anywhere near that place after seeing how iraq changed my little brother!
Old 29-02-2008, 09:52 AM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
What pisses me off is they go on about him like his life is more important than any other poor bugger who is out there trying to make this world a better place for everone to live in .

totally agree with you mate, at the end of the day why should
he be more important than the rest of the soldiers out there

Old 29-02-2008, 10:42 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

That's NOT the point. The fuss about him being there is a lot to do with the fact that if found out, he will be made a target - thus him AND any soldiers with him will be at increased danger. No one has said he's more important.
Old 29-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

I feel sorry for him. No matter what he does he's under the medias spotlight for anything and everything and judged for everything he does, regardless!

I know I wouldn't like that. I bet all he wants to do is live his life and just do the things that he wants to do. He puts himself across as a decent, non egotistic sort of person, so it cant be easy for him been followed round the world and his every movement tracked. I'd imagine sometimes he wishes he wasn't born into the Royal family....
Old 29-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Nath
I feel sorry for him. No matter what he does he's under the medias spotlight for anything and everything and judged for everything he does, regardless!

I know I wouldn't like that. I bet all he wants to do is live his life and just do the things that he wants to do. He puts himself across as a decent, non egotistic sort of person, so it cant be easy for him been followed round the world and his every movement tracked. I'd imagine sometimes he wishes he wasn't born into the Royal family....
Agree 100%. Must be a shite life in many ways.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:07 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Totally agree with Nath. He'll never be able to live a normal life, through no fault of his own. People feel they have the right to pick fault with anything he does/things concerning him, because he's a Prince, yet in the same breath these people will criticse him for being treated differently and say he is just the same as anyone else!

I can't imagine it's a very easy life at all.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Nath

Even more so when you know you don't stand a hope of being King
Old 29-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
Even more so when you know you don't stand a hope of being King
Maybe he's thinking

Thank fuck for that
Old 29-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Mike C
The Special One

I always thought Hewitt must be the father, but virtually every piece of writing you will find states that she never met him 'til just after Harry was born...
Old 29-02-2008, 11:15 AM
tsutton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Actually, it was mentioned in Australia magazine and Drudge Report picked it up. Then it spread like virus.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mike C
I always thought Hewitt must be the father, but virtually every piece of writing you will find states that she never met him 'til just after Harry was born...

Would you admit to shagging an ugly ginge?
Old 29-02-2008, 11:17 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by tsutton
Actually, it was mentioned in Australia magazine and Drudge Report picked it up. Then it spread like virus.
I thought it was mentioned in Australia weeks ago, but only become widely known because of American media? Might have misheard though.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

I couldn't have said it better myself Paul!

Who gives a fuck who his father is, for the record he looks in those pics more like Prince Charles anyway!

Shame he's coming home, bet HE doesn't want to!
Old 29-02-2008, 11:27 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Another point about his life being 'more important' - I don't think anyone is implying that as a human life his is worth more than anyone elses, BUT his is far more valuable to any enemy who wants to make as big an impact as possible!
Like it or not (and I'm sure HE doesn't) he IS a Prince, and that means his death would be of massive importance politically and to the media, which makes him the perfect target for making a statement.
Old 29-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Another point about his life being 'more important' - I don't think anyone is implying that as a human life his is worth more than anyone elses, BUT his is far more valuable to any enemy who wants to make as big an impact as possible!
Like it or not (and I'm sure HE doesn't) he IS a Prince, and that means his death would be of massive importance politically and to the media, which makes him the perfect target for making a statement.
precisely... bet they'd love to send a video of them chopping his head off with a kitchen knife or whatever to al jazeera for broadcast!
Old 29-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Soon as the Grudge webpage was up saying he was there i'll put money he was on a chopper coming home within minutes
Old 29-02-2008, 01:03 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

I thought it was mentioned in Australia weeks ago, but only become widely known because of American media? Might have misheard though.
it was in the mag about 6 weeks ago, but seeing as it's got about as much chance as being ead as the bible in a whorehouse no one took any notice

and now e've got calls for the sas to find this drudge geezer and put a bulleit in him
Old 29-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

agree with Jenny on this and what Nath said too.

end of the day Harry is cracking on with things that he wants to do and wanted to stay there. only now it has been leaked he cant. (prrrriiiicks)
its not cause off oh no he is too important etc. its more of the fact these little fucking cunt Taliban will target his platoon more for there is a chance of killing a member of the British royal family. there will more losses than their should be in the British/allied army that is there serving with him or near him.
how good would that look for them and give them a big boost to keep fighting etc!
Old 29-02-2008, 01:08 PM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Diamonds
agree with Jenny on this and what Nath said too.

end of the day Harry is cracking on with things that he wants to do and wanted to stay there. only now it has been leaked he cant. (prrrriiiicks)
its not cause off oh no he is too important etc. its more of the fact these little fucking cunt Taliban will target his platoon more for there is a chance of killing a member of the British royal family. there will more losses than their should be in the British/allied army that is there serving with him or near him.
how good would that look for them and give them a big boost to keep fighting etc!

The media has got a LOT to answer for.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why are the Royals allowed to join the forces when they pose such a risk to their unit?

Andrew went to the Falklands, and now Harry has been in Afghanistan, but only the blokes that were there will know what danger they were in or how useful their contributions were.

Training Prince Charles and Prince William is a complete waste of taxpayers money because there is not the slightest possibility that either of them would ever be allowed to see service in a war zone.

Privatise the lot of them, I say...

Oh yes, and for my latest great idea, before politicians can vote for illegal wars they should get into uniform and head out to start the fighting personally!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
Training Prince Charles and Prince William is a complete waste of taxpayers money because there is not the slightest possibility that either of them would ever be allowed to see service in a war zone.

You're right, I don't think Charles will be seeing active service in a war zone any time soon

And erm... does the 10 weeks Harry's just spent in Afghan not count then? Clearly they WILL see service, as long as the media keep quiet about it!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You're right, I don't think Charles will be seeing active service in a war zone any time soon

And erm... does the 10 weeks Harry's just spent in Afghan not count then? Clearly they WILL see service, as long as the media keep quiet about it!

I said Charles and WILLIAM won't see service in a war zone. They are both HEIRS. Harry is the SPARE!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:03 AM
JxBabe
PassionFord Post Troll

My mistake! Still, there are plenty of people who go through training to become soldiers and then don't see active service for one reason or another, what difference is 2 more going to add to the taxes hey. At least they're actually working, when they could quite easily do fuck all (still living off the taxpayers money...)