General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any Clifford experts in ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 PM
gazcos
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Clifford experts in ????

I,ve got a problem with my MK2 RS2000 and i think its related to the Clifford Concept 600 its got fitted. Basically ever since i,ve had the car i,ve had problems with it stalling on me.
I recently did the track day at bedford where it behaved perfectly untill i went to leave when it died on me. I assumed it was because i,d run it low on fuel and when the old fuel gauge said it was low it was actually empty. I put some fuel in it and it cut out 5 times on the way home and then the next day it wouldn,t run at all
I assumed i,d dragged soime shit out of the tank so after cleaning everything out including the carbs i still had no joy.
Eventually i decided that the feed to the fuel pump could be playing up so ran a new feed from the fusebox and it now runs but is quite rough .
Could the alarm/blackjax be messing me about. I,m tempted to have it all ripped out,its a pain in the arse and i,ve had it in valet mode most of the time because it winds me up.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
gazcos

Anyone??
Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Turn Blackjax off, its a pain in the arse anyway.

I've had a Concept 600 on my RST since I got it 9 years ago and have never once used Blackjax.

Still seems odd that its causing you this trouble though. It simply needs you to enter your Valet Code every time you want to open the door with the car running. If it's doing anything different, the alarm has a fault and needs looking at by a pro IMO.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 PM
gazcos

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy

I've had a Concept 600 on my RST since I got it 9 years ago and have never once used Blackjax.

Still seems odd that its causing you this trouble though. It simply needs you to enter your Valet Code every time you want to open the door with the car running. If it's doing anything different, the alarm has a fault and needs looking at by a pro IMO.
How do i turn the blackjax off mate? I have no instructions, all i know is that if you hold the button in at the end of inputting the code it goes into valet mode .
Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...600_owners.pdf

Bottom of page 11 for what you want.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gazcos
Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy

How do i turn the blackjax off mate? I have no instructions, all i know is that if you hold the button in at the end of inputting the code it goes into valet mode .
if you want to know how to disable the blackjax i have the manual.how to disable the setting.. but you need the PIN code to do it IT INVOLVES THE CAR KEYS AND THE PIN NUMBER ..and i am up for work at 6am

send me a pm and i will send you back the info if needed
Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Zetecfiesta
PassionFord Post Whore!!

doesnt sound alarm related because once its disarmed its not doing anything, if it was your alarm it wouldnt run at all, as when they break they normally imobilise the car completly.

sounds like something else is giving you the grief tbh, its more than likely wiring related or relay related may be?

blackjax is quality! i know its a bit anoying typing in the code but id rather have it and let some one steal the car knowing they will only get so far down the road before it kicks in, to having no car at all. i know a guy who got pulled out his car in the middle of town and they stole his car they only got to the end of the street before it imobilsed and the whole street knew what had happened coz they had all seen it!

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 AM
gazcos

Thanks very much to all those of you that have replied. Very usefull, I'll have a look tonight