General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fooking "Low Emission" zone in London....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Fooking "Low Emission" zone in London....

Just watched that twat Mayor Ken on Sky News spouting off about the low emission zone in London that comes into effect today.....

I don't get it - whats the point in having a low emmision zone in london "to protect people's heath" and lower the "shocking asthma rate in kids" if you still let em drive in London on a daily basis, albeit for a "small charge" ???

Makes perfect sense to ban vehicles with bad emissions, but to let em in as long as they pay - how is that helping anyone?!?!?

"Buses, lorry's and coaches will have to meet strict emission targets or pay a daily rate to enter the zone. It's designed to clean up London's air and protect people's health"

How does charging them help people's health!?!?!?!?

Fucking money grabbing cunt that Ken

Notice it don't stop the fucking London red buses from driving round town spewing out more noxious fumes than anything else on the road now does it?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smokey old diesels are far less harmful to lungs than newer diesels with their small particulates, so I believe.
A charge will encorage people to use newer cleaner vehicles I suppose.
Dunno how many of our lorries will pass, certainly not the old P reg
People should boycott the fucking place.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The polluter pays - simple really.

Forces you to either have a cleaner car/truck etc or not enter the zone
Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Point is no it won't! It won't do shit except line Kens pocket some more!

The idea behind it, when we were led to belive these vehicles would just be banned, was good - less harmfull fumes in London. But then they reveal you CAN still drive in London but you will have to pay! So it's obviously not in the best interests of health, but rather in the best interests of Kens bank account!

Hypocritical fucknuts!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Mate, you REALLY need a girlfriend!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush

The idea behind it, when we were led to belive these vehicles would just be banned, was good - less harmfull fumes in London. But then they reveal you CAN still drive in London but you will have to pay! So it's obviously not in the best interests of health, but rather in the best interests of Kens bank account!

Hypocritical fucknuts!
So you are of the belief that NOT ONE polluting car will get traded in for a less polluting one on the basis of the cost saving now of doing so?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Only downside to us is that our old HGV's have been given away to the tight arses oop norf as no fucker can buy them down here in our business (as they all run into London!)..............

But its hard on the smaller businesses as these new vehicles and engines AINT cheap!

I wouldnt like to run a small haulage business in London at the moment.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door

Hypocritical fucknuts!
So you are of the belief that NOT ONE polluting car will get traded in for a less polluting one on the basis of the cost saving now of doing so?
And at near on Ł300 a day............ They're not going to be doing it for long!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ridiculous thing is, on yesterdays Politics Show they had the man from Transport For Laandan on trying to justify it.

When tackled on the impact to business he claimed it wouldnt be a problem as two thirds of the lorries coming into the city were registered after 2001 and were therefore already compliant.

SO they've brought this policy in to tackle 1 third of the lorries coming into Laandan

Just another Stealth Tax by Mad Ken to help fund his mate Lee Jasper the Equality man and all his chronies

Paul I know what you are saying but small firms who are running older lorries are being penalised, even though they have paid the same road tax as the larger operators and the same amount of fuel duty etc etc etc this should entitle them to use the roads of the land and not have to pay a further penalty that more modern lorries dont pay.

Unless of course the road tax on a lorry over 7 years old is reduced.

Its all wrong like most things that nutter Livingstone gets up to.

I'm sure once people who live in the capitals everyday goods go up in price putting more and more strain on the residents people will see the light and Livingstone will be off to Baghdad to act a special envoy there.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hypocritical fucknuts!
MAybe not in the short term, but come vehicle replacement time you will be buying a cleaner one or not go into the zone or continue to loose money to Ken...........

I know what I'd do.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by RichardPON
A) WTF does that have to do with anything and b) WTF do you, a fictional persona that has never met me once, know anything about my personal life whatsoever?

Chip - it probably will, but my point is, yet again Ken has come up with a way to make money, thinly disguised as a plan to save peoples health by banning cars with unacceptable emissions from driving in the city. Point is he's hardly banned them if he's allowing them in for a fee now is he?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by neilm
The ridiculous thing is, on yesterdays Politics Show they had the man from Transport For Laandan on trying to justify it.

When tackled on the impact to business he claimed it wouldnt be a problem as two thirds of the lorries coming into the city were registered after 2001 and were therefore already compliant.

SO they've brought this policy in to tackle 1 third of the lorries coming into Laandan

Just another Stealth Tax by Mad Ken to help fund his mate Lee Jasper the Equality man and all his chronies

Paul I know what you are saying but small firms who are running older lorries are being penalised, even though they have paid the same road tax as the larger operators and the same amount of fuel duty etc etc etc this should entitle them to use the roads of the land and not have to pay a further penalty that more modern lorries dont pay.

Unless of course the road tax on a lorry over 7 years old is reduced.

Its all wrong like most things that nutter Livingstone gets up to.

I'm sure once people who live in the capitals everyday goods go up in price putting more and more strain on the residents people will see the light and Livingstone will be off to Baghdad to act a special envoy there.
Climate change has a cost and everyone is going to have to get used to it....
Old 04-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The company I work for sends between 3 and 5 trucks into the very centre of London EVERY day from Northamptonshire, they have had to buy new ones to replace them all.
They were smokey heaps of shit that have near enough clocked up 1m KM's each.

So if alot of companies have had to do this too, I cant see how that is a bad thing?

Yes, techincally they could use the old ones and pay the charge, but I cant see many companies wanting to throw away a grand a week per truck!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
haighlsby
PassionFord Regular

I think sum1 shud drive a convoy of original rangies thru that zone & past his house to piss the fuker off
Old 04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

We also put around about a dozen or so lorries into London on a daily basis. Our lorries are never more than 3 years old at any time so we are pretty much up to date with the new regs.

But what other option is there if you have an older fleet. Londoners need fed and clothed so lorries will always need to enter the city. Why doesn't he invest in a couple of freight terminals on the outskirts of the city so that we don't have to go in there. Believe me we don't go in through choice, it's a daily fucking nightmare that I (and many others)could do without.

Either that or let the fuckers starve

SMG
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by C4llyT
People should boycott the fucking place.
yeah.. let's all boycot london!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Soon grind to a halt and something have to be done....
Old 04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No it won't, all the bigger businesses will take the work from the smaller ones because they have their head in the sand and just whinge.

It will never go away and only go up in cost so I'd advise small businesses to plan for it which TBH they should have been already. It's not like they announce these things overnight...........

I'm not defending Ken, although it appears I am, more pointing out that times are a changing and a lot of people are going to be hit in the pocket with higher energy costs and green taxes. It's only going to get worse in the short term.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

A) WTF does that have to do with anything and b) WTF do you, a fictional persona that has never met me once, know anything about my personal life whatsoever?
Reason?

As far as I know, this issue doesn't affect you directly in the slightest. So in your tirade, on whose behalf are you whinging..... again?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

its good for us, means more people will need euro 4 and 5 trucks

keeps me in beer
Old 04-02-2008, 02:34 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thrush.

Are you moaning again

Maybe you should get a boyfriend instead
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Reason?

As far as I know, this issue doesn't affect you directly in the slightest. So in your tirade, on whose behalf are you whinging..... again?
Seeing as I work in London, inside the "Low Emisison Zone" why doesn't it affect me? I breathe the same air as them, so yes it affects me. Point it, it's hardly "banning" vehicles if you allow them to come in so long as they pay is it?

But thats not the question I asked you - I asked you wtf your statement "You REALLY need a girlfriend" has to do with this topic? Cos last time I checked, that was completely irrelevant to the topic at hand?

So I repeat;

1) wtf does that have to do with this topic?
2) how in the fuck would you know anyway considering you have never met me and don't in fact know me?

....again
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Well maybe if you had a girlfriend, she might relieve some of that tension, so that you're not on here every day posting up another "thrush's daily rant".

She also might be able to help educate you a little but so that you are able to see the wider picture. You seem to barrel in without thinking, much like your "why should I pay for the NHS" rant the other day.

So I'm hoping, for your sake as well as ours, that you get on the case with this situation sharpish!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by gingeRS
its good for us, means more people will need euro 4 and 5 trucks

keeps me in beer
Park Royal - Euro 4 & 5 Engines = Renault trucks on the A40 Ginge?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nope.. London aas a whole will just pay! same as ever!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Pon;

1) NHS "rant" was weeks ago. Please post links to the "daily" rants I have
2) Since you seem to know me so well, I'd be entertained how you know I haven't got a girlfriend, since I haven't mentioned if I do or don't
3) Prey tell exactly why having a girlfriend would relieve this "tension" ? I pressume you mean by having sex, thus removing tension. Why would I need to have a girlfriend for that? You might not pull when you are out, doens't mean the rest of us can't. You can have sex with people that aren't your "girlfriend" you know - we don't live in biblical times!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Pon;

1) NHS "rant" was weeks ago. Please post links to the "daily" rants I have
2) Since you seem to know me so well, I'd be entertained how you know I haven't got a girlfriend, since I haven't mentioned if I do or don't
3) Prey tell exactly why having a girlfriend would relieve this "tension" ? I pressume you mean by having sex, thus removing tension. Why would I need to have a girlfriend for that? You might not pull when you are out, doens't mean the rest of us can't. You can have sex with people that aren't your "girlfriend" you know - we don't live in biblical times!
ROFL

How do I know?

Trust me mate, it's obvious!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:57 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Kind of set himself up for that reply!

Is like that green tax on the planes, nothing to do with lowering emissions or protecting the environment, just another tax.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Get a life Pon, it ammuses me how you slate me for posting a rant on here, yet you spend your time posting on peoples rants about them ranting.... I think you REALLY need a girlfriend
Old 04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You two need to get a room - '2 birds with one stone' kinda thing
Old 04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Get a life Pon, it ammuses me how you slate me for posting a rant on here, yet you spend your time posting on peoples rants about them ranting.... I think you REALLY need a girlfriend
That's the last thing I need right now after my last one, but thanks for your concern!

I'm seriously impressed with how pro-active you are about these issues! Were you planning on just whinging on car forums about this stuff, or should we expect to see you taking to the streets?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Kind of set himself up for that reply!

Is like that green tax on the planes, nothing to do with lowering emissions or protecting the environment, just another tax.
Well not really no, I don't think so. I don't get why because Pon thinks I am not in a relationship is the cause of me having a rant about how much of a sneaky lying cunt Red Ken is....

It's actually no-ones business at all, but last time I had sex was on Saturday just gone, so thats THAT theory out the window isn't it?

Pon's fishing, thinking he is making himself look big, but fails to realise it's the internet! Leik omFG!!!!1 !! wtf 1337 and all that.....
Old 04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He said you need a girlfriend, not a shag, big difference!
Still, that's way off the topic of this thread.

It's a shame Dave Courtney wasn't allowed to run, he'd have been voted in
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

That's the last thing I need right now after my last one, but thanks for your concern!

I'm seriously impressed with how pro-active you are about these issues! Were you planning on just whinging on car forums about this stuff, or should we expect to see you taking to the streets?
Could say exactly the same about your fishing on internet forums aswell Richard - might we expect to see you on the streets trying to wind people up aswell?

I;m not being pro-active at all - I don't see why you think I am. I was actually, innocently sat here bored while the gas man fixed my boiler watching Sky news and was annoyed at Red Ken's blatent money making ploy, and innocently posted it on here. It wouldn't have had been an issue had you not come on and posted something completely a) unfounded and b) completely off topic....
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

by making abigger hole in the pocket it will make the lorry firms think about using more "envoromentaly friendly" vehicles which will reduce the amount of polution there is in london

they alreayd have to do it for black cabs and in a few years time buses and smaller vans will also have to be compliant so it's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg mate
Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

He said you need a girlfriend, not a shag, big difference!
Still, that's way off the topic of this thread.

It's a shame Dave Courtney wasn't allowed to run, he'd have been voted in
I was referring to Pon's blatent attempt at childish humour suggesting I need to get laid to relive tension. Plus I am usually under MORE tension when in a relationship anyway
Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by dojj
by making abigger hole in the pocket it will make the lorry firms think about using more "envoromentaly friendly" vehicles which will reduce the amount of polution there is in london

they alreayd have to do it for black cabs and in a few years time buses and smaller vans will also have to be compliant so it's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg mate
Finally someone back on topic Thing is Dojj, whilst it's all well and good making the haulage firms and cab drivers pay out of their pockets to convert their vehicles to meet the new emission laws, who's gonna pay for the London buses to be converted? The tax payer? Hardly fair is it? One might hope that any money generated by the pay as you go scheme in this emission fasard might be put into converting the buses but I highly highly doubt it. I means it's not like the millions and millions of pounds generated by raod tax actually fixes the majority of the roads

Seems that private coaches have to pay this or stay out of london, but the decrepid London buses we have seem to be excempt
Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Okay, well if we must get back on topic, surely you recognise simple economics?

There is a charge, because it is the most simple and practical way to force change. You cannot make the charge nearly unpayable, as you are removing what little freedom of choice you have, so you have to make it a compromise between being manageable, and also enough of a deterrent to force the issue.

If you simply banned polluting vehicles, what do you think would happen?

Also, since Ken is such a money-grabber, what do you think he does with appropriated funds that come from these schemes? Do you think he pockets the cash, or that the budget including income has to be spent within a fiscal year?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I reckon PON has thrush and just seeing your name irritates him..

but in all honesty, you have to agree with him... I do anyway for fear of a grilling..
Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I don't think he pockets the cash no At least not all of it - I wonder how many payrises ol Ken has had thanks to these schemes? And do I think it gets spent within the fiscal year? I would say most of it does yes, and of what does get spent, I'd bet my house on it not being ploughed 100% back into sorting the problem! Sure some of it will go into it, but see my comment on the revenue being used to make sure London buses meet the new "strict" requirements - cos you can bet your ass half of them don't, and you can bet mine that revenue from this scheme won't pay for them to be made to meet them.

Quick Reply: Fooking "Low Emission" zone in London....