General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Going to Florida Sunday morning!!!!! any one been recently

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2008, 07:44 PM
robertthorpe
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Florida Sunday morning!!!!! any one been recently

Hi
iam off to florida sunday morning!!!!
i have about 700 dollars to spend my granparents are paying for meals ect ect
iam only 18 so cant drink out there! will be going with my mum mums boyfreind and my brother we will probably do the usual (disneyland, epcot ect ect) although its january the weather is varing from 17c to 25c and sunny so hopfully should be comftabley warm lol,
has any one been recently
havent been to florida for 10 years and havent been to amercia since 2005,
if you have been out the what did ytou do anything special i should look out for
thanks in advance
Old 18-01-2008, 07:49 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

yep i've been last couple of years.

try the following restaurants, you may have to do a bit of travelling for your nearest, but they are worth it!!

Sam Seltzers
Lee Roy Selmons
Cody's Roadhouse.

amazing food at all three!!

where are you staying?
Old 18-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Moose 130
Advanced PassionFord User

sounds like yopu will be in the orlando area.

plenty to do.

OUTBACK for great steaks

waterparks are excellent

if possible try and avaid International Drive, it gives a poor display of what Orlando is really like. I'm not saying it's bad, but there are better places if you get the choice.

SEAWORLD is great, very interesing and we never get tired of going

The Space Center is also worth a visit.

From a 'car guy' point oif view, downtown on a saturday night is good
Old 18-01-2008, 08:12 PM
robertthorpe
PassionFord Regular

yep staying in orlando we are there for 10days we are staying in a house well more like a very big house lol with a indoor heated swimming pool!!!!! iam not sure exactly were which is no help at all, but iam not allowed to drive the hire car aswell
any one now what the money is like out there usually for the £ to $ you get your moneys worth out there if you know what i mean i know it is almost £1 to $2 but is the money still going has far out there or have they have been hit by the inflation
Old 18-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Find a 'Golden Corral' Restaurant

All you can eat $15 and loads of Fat Americans in there, gives you a taste of REAL america!!
(Food is mint though)
Old 18-01-2008, 08:18 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

HI Robert

We were there last July - it was stunning (and too fucking hot for me!)

Right now a great time to be going due to the exchange rate! Even Disney seemed cheap!!!

Do go to Epcot, and eat at some of the restaurants there in the world showcase. But Disney now operate this pre-paid scheme for their hotels that means that they get booked up mega quickly. Some of the best ones include the Restaurant in France section, the Chinese restaurant in China section, and the Mexican in Mexico.

If shopping is your thing, then there are two Malls near to the disney complex - the Florida Mall, and Millenium Mall. The florida is kinda cheap stuff and normal yankee shops, but the Millenium Mall is lots of designer stuff! - Very affordable compared to UK right now - good for bargains.

Finally, Jewellery is waay cheaper over there right now. We saved up for wifey to get some diamond earings that in this country would have cost closer to £1k. We paid about £300!!!! Seriously!!!!

The rest is personal taste!

JJ
Old 18-01-2008, 08:36 PM
robertthorpe
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
HI Robert

We were there last July - it was stunning (and too fucking hot for me!)

Right now a great time to be going due to the exchange rate! Even Disney seemed cheap!!!

Do go to Epcot, and eat at some of the restaurants there in the world showcase. But Disney now operate this pre-paid scheme for their hotels that means that they get booked up mega quickly. Some of the best ones include the Restaurant in France section, the Chinese restaurant in China section, and the Mexican in Mexico.

If shopping is your thing, then there are two Malls near to the disney complex - the Florida Mall, and Millenium Mall. The florida is kinda cheap stuff and normal yankee shops, but the Millenium Mall is lots of designer stuff! - Very affordable compared to UK right now - good for bargains.

Finally, Jewellery is waay cheaper over there right now. We saved up for wifey to get some diamond earings that in this country would have cost closer to £1k. We paid about £300!!!! Seriously!!!!

The rest is personal taste!

JJ
thanks mate helps alot, especially as i know my money is going to buy me lots lol!!!!! cheers any more ideas anyone