General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

on the dole... longtimers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I dont consider my parents scum, and they lived on an ex council estate when I was younger as both of them came from quite poor backgrounds and before my dad had a successfull career it was the best house they could afford to buy at the time, my mum kept the house very nice and my father worked extremely hard to allow them to move onto a better one and then a better one etc. Their hose now is probably in the top couple of % price wise for the area we live in I guess.

I know plenty of decent people living in council houses, so I think that is a pretty inaccurate opinion personally.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:17 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

there are council "scum" and there are council tennants

what tends to happen is that the tennants tend to turn into scum over the coaurse of their term in council accomodation when everyone else has got it so easy

my old mans retired and has his state pension and his work pension but before that he was on disability because of his dodgy knees and his dodgey back, but that's not to say he couldn't have worked, he could walk in the morning but then he's come abck home and have a kip and then he's be out of an evening to the pub and then come back, either blotto or sober and kip

he takes care of my kid now so he's doing something with his time rather than wandering the streets like a pretend hobo, but if he could have worked he would have, and in chips ideal world, someone would have said "right, he can walk a bit but not a lot so lets give him a job based on that" and he'd be earning his keep

ok, he worked fooking hard throughout his working life (and the ethos of not spending any money if you can get someone else to spend it for you has kept him well as well as his gambling mates who use him as a bank ) but again, if you don't have money in your pocket you don't buy it

and if you get vouchers to spend in shops rather than money into your dole account i'm sure peole wouldn't be plastering plasma's all over their front rooms and you could spot someone on benifits a mile away which might make them think about working for a living rather than going begging the rest of us to keep them in money
Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
From what I heard on news about it, it's a proposal from the Conservatives for their next election, and they state that if they get power, people who claim benefits whilst unemployed will only get these for a max of 2 yrs, after that they will lose benefits unless a) they get a job or b) they do community work to "earn" the benefits.....

With a little thought and planning, this could be an EXCELLENT idea. Don't just stop at unemployment benefit/dole money, carry on for tax credits, NI stamp, council tax etc etc, and if they go for the commnuity work, then make them actually earn it, ie, more work they do/hours put in, the more % of total benefits they earn - ie they need to put in 40hrs a week to earn 100% of their "entitled" benefits, work less than that, then get less benefits - pro rata n all that....

Like I said on the first page....

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
I thought the same amount of people had continued to claim with this initiative. So yeah, you get some 'free' work from the people but it doesnt cost the tax payer any less and doesnt encourage them to go out and get a real job.
so its not that much of an excellent idea IMO!

Forgot to mention, they have tried this initiative in America which is where the tory's got the idea from. I cant remember which state it was they were trying it in though.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:52 AM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Superb idea, most of my customers are on the dole and proud of it!! they think its extremely funny that the Government pays for them to gamble! They should scrap the benefits system altogether. Lazy bums the lot of them!!

Debs
Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 AM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i havnt read the whole thread so sorry if ive missed something

im on incapacity benefits due to long term illness where i have regular medical checks every year anyhow, i dont get a lot of money sumthing like around £300 a month,

thats fuk all to live on

i agree with the people who just go on the dole for the hell of it they should be getting work or doing community service

but its going to affect a lot of people, like single mums or genuine people who really are ill

i would love to go back to work, as i carnt afford to live on this but i have no choice for the time being

Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Disability Benefits

biggest scam going IMO.. remember seeing a TV program filming a select few that were receiving disability benefits... walk in with the stick.. walk out jumping about..!

its the ones that say... I've had a hip replacement... NO WAY can I work..!? Why the fuck not.. to work in an office doesnt require you to do the 100m sprint all day! Totally milking the system, which severly fucks me totally off..!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by xr4x4rs

im on incapacity benefits due to long term illness where i have regular medical checks every year anyhow, i dont get a lot of money sumthing like around £300 a month,

thats fuk all to live on

i agree with the people who just go on the dole for the hell of it they should be getting work or doing community service

but its going to affect a lot of people, like single mums or genuine people who really are ill

i would love to go back to work, as i carnt afford to live on this but i have no choice for the time being

they your cars in your sig mate..?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I was awarded the Disability Living Allowance, I was awarded it for life, I asked my doctor why this was and he told me 'You'll never be any better, you know that, don't you?'. I will get this for life as I am entitled to it, but I still want to work. I will be returning to college next year, I have already picked my course doing graphics design, I am quite good at it. Just like most people, I have a dream house, with a couple of dream cars to go with it. I can imagine this is more than possible for a good graphics designer? So, hopefully I should have it.

Benni.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:30 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

I know someone who claims disability...... they have a brand new Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+...... 2 kids, his partner was made redundant just as she went on maternity leave.... and it don't look like she really wants to go back to work either.

He claims disability and has just had a hip repacement..... but he rides a motorbike. Wonder if the doctors knew about that they'd query his claim to disability.

Has a dodgy knee too, but apparently he aint having an operation on that because if he did, he wouldn't qualify for disability anymore so he'd lose the car and would have to work for a living.

Its disgraceful.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
He claims disability and has just had a hip repacement..... but he rides a motorbike. Wonder if the doctors knew about that they'd query his claim to disability.

Disabled man using transport to get around, I think that could make the headlines? No, it woulnd't alter his posistion at all. Unless of course he does this riding standing up at a circus balancing a skittle on his nose? If so, then you are right and I apologise for my ignorance.

Benni.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Benni

I read your on some sort of allowance... Why is it your cant do any jobs at the moment exactly..? just intrigued
Old 11-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Westy
Benni

I read your on some sort of allowance... Why is it your cant do any jobs at the moment exactly..? just intrigued

I had a very complicated hip replacement, I have osteoperosis and I am awaiting another hip replacement on my right side. I will be returning to college next year, hopefully to become a graphics designer. I can imagine I am on more tablets than most of this forum put together?

Thanks, Benni.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

sorry to hear that...

amazes me have people with claiming all this free money, can regularly attend the gym and spend all day/night on the PC.. One would assume they could EASILY have a job..!

why bother tho hey, just milk it... free money for doing fuck all, so why not!

I have the flu, but bills to pay and all that (even tho I get sick pay)... can I claim disability allowance
Old 11-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Benni
Benni

I had a very complicated hip replacement, I have osteoperosis and I am awaiting another hip replacement on my right side. I will be returning to college next year, hopefully to become a graphics designer.

Thanks, Benni.
so why can't you work..?
Old 11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird

Disabled man using transport to get around, I think that could make the headlines? No, it woulnd't alter his posistion at all. Unless of course he does this riding standing up at a circus balancing a skittle on his nose? If so, then you are right and I apologise for my ignorance.

Benni.
So you are telling me that someone who claims disability for a hip and knee can put himself at risk from further disability by riding a motorbike? He regularly falls off because his knee cannot support him! Its wrong. Especially when he gets a car to travel in relative safety.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

shit... looks like more and more people will be out of work I better start earning more money to pay all these..!!

Osteoporosis is a common problem with 1 in 3 women and 1 in 12 men of the UK population suffering from it at present. This rate is set to increase by 10% every year with more and more people suffering from the condition
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

sorry to hear that...

amazes me have people with claiming all this free money, can regularly attend the gym and spend all day/night on the PC.. One would assume they could EASILY have a job..!
I go the gym most days and I feel alot better for it, if I didn't go the gym for 3 weeks my hips would stiffen up to the point where I couldn't use the pedals in my car, I would then be fucked.

But I do agree with you, I know a man who claims because he has panic attacks etc, and because he has a severe back problem. Yet the last time I saw him he was on my neighbours roof adjusting his sky digital dish.

Benni.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

riding a motorbike whilst milking disablility allowance... what an absolute piss take..

next he'll be running in the olympics
Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Benni

I had a very complicated hip replacement, I have osteoperosis and I am awaiting another hip replacement on my right side. I will be returning to college next year, hopefully to become a graphics designer.

Thanks, Benni.
so why can't you work..?
because he's still at school or soemthing and they stoped sending kids up them chimmney's when dick van dyke sang them songs
Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

he's still at school...?

it all makes sense now.. all the immature posts, general acting like a spaz, staying up late on school nights Living in the muppet room, chocolate bar prices... and on and on..

Nice one "top rope" Dojj...
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Disability Benefits

biggest scam going IMO.. remember seeing a TV program filming a select few that were receiving disability benefits... walk in with the stick.. walk out jumping about..!

its the ones that say... I've had a hip replacement... NO WAY can I work..!? Why the fuck not.. to work in an office doesnt require you to do the 100m sprint all day! Totally milking the system, which severly fucks me totally off..!
Because some cunts are milking the system do not make every fooker on it a lazy cunt what about the one's who are in pain 24/7 taking pill every few hours

The Fooking royals are on the dole spending 20K a week each but there classed as royalty because of it they are not any different from any fooker else
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

he's still at school...?

it all makes sense now.. all the immature posts, general acting like a spaz, staying up late on school nights Living in the muppet room, chocolate bar prices... and on and on..

You can now go and tell your friends that on numerous occasions, you never had the what it took to win an argument with a school boy. Not that I am one, but you can tell them anyway.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xr4x4rs

thats fuk all to live on

they your cars in your sig mate..?
yes mate, well just the sierra now anyhow

what you getting at?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

he's still at school...?

You can now go and tell your friends that on numerous occasions, you never had the what it took to win an argument with a school boy. Not that I am one, but you can tell them anyway.
argument...!? hardly an argument when it is so favoured in my corner... The thread is about lazy fuckers that would rather sit about all day and fleece the government for an easy ride than earn a decent crust..! Which is exactly what you are..

I actually feel sorry for you.... I dont expect a reply for a bit as in my experience most dole go'ers dont get out of bed till late afternoon

Anyways.. for the grown ups amongst us.. No need to read any further Benni..

I was with a girl last night.. currently on the dole and has no plans to get a job. She reckons they set her up with 3 interviews a week (I was abit pissed, so the amount maybe slightly incorrect).. As she blatently doesnt want to work, she claims she cant type, read etc.. Has anice laptop tho Long story short.. they are sending her on a 3 day training course titled "Interview techniques" Basically train her up so that she comes over intelligent 3 days tax payers money she has already said to me she will only go as they will stop her money, but it wont do any good as she will blatently blag any further interviews

lame really.. was a great fuck tho

xr4x4rs

paranoid mate.. not getting at anything.. was just intrigued as I also had a black RST for many years.. fond of them thats all.. cost me a bloody fortune, poxy thing
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Benni

Thanks, Benni.
so why can't you work..?
must have missed that one Benni..?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Benni

Thanks, Benni.
so why can't you work..?
must have missed that one Benni..?

You will have a PM explaining in full, when it's any of your buisness. Shall I go back a couple of months to when we last had a couple of 'dicussions' and you left without replying most of the time? You've missed quite a few yourself.

Benni.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

you have all the time in the world.. so I'm sure searching for posts months and months back wont be a problem... what a sad tosser

left without replying most of the time
I probably had work or a life..!? you wouldnt know about that tho would you

Sorry Bennis, you've been well and truely cained my little lazy, gypo, dole claiming cunt..!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

you have been well and truely cained my little lazy, gypo, dole claiming cunt..!
Turn the computer off mate and lay off the crack, I can't believe you just said that, I really can't.

Benni.

Oh wait, you have now thought of something else to say and edited the post, do you not think you have 'Cained' me enough? LOL

Benni.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm on Disability Living Allowance for the next 3 years due to mobility problems caused by my cancer treatment i didn't want to claim it but my Macmillan nurse told me i was entitled to it and i should claim because i do need help now and then getting around

still doesn't stop me feeling guilty claiming it tho because alot of the time i feel normal

im hoping i'll be in remission soon so i can go back to work and a normal life
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Speedy Gonzalez

fair play mate... your entitled to it! How's the treatment going, still having chemo or passed that now?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Speedy Gonzalez

fair play mate... your entitled to it! How's the treatment going, still having chemo or passed that now?

not having chemo at the moment but im halfway through a radiotherapy treatment program, its not as bad as chemo but still knackers me out especially as i have to do a 120 mile round trip everyday from home to Addenbrookes Hospital

apart from that its all going well
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

sound... here's hoping for a full recovery hey..!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers dude!!!

the day they give me the all clear i'm having a massive blowout!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

possible useful link to some...

http://www.dolescroungers.org.uk

obviously not applicable to all of us
Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

In order to maintain a claim for income support on the grounds of incapacity (IS) or for incapacity Benefit (IB) you are obliged to attend a PCA or “Personal Capability Assessment” (and 95% of all those claiming IS or IB are obliged to). These are conducted on behalf of the DWP by a private contractor, Origen Medical Services(1), failure to attend without proving ‘good cause’ leads to an automatic decision of being found fit for work and immediate cancellation of IS or IB.

I'm in the other 5%, so I guess your right, this isn't applicable to all of us. Useful link for the rest of them mind.

Benni.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

The website is titled.. Dole Scroungers, therefore I think you will find, it is applicable to you.