General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

on the dole... longtimers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 AM
ST Racer
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diseasel
Everyone else coming to this country can find work , yet the spoungers cant
Because all these polish and immigrants are taking work from British people.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres always work available for people who really want to work, regardless of what it is, (stacking shelfs, warehouse etc) chances are if you ask these tossers what job they want, they prob all want a 50k office job and not do any grafting

I am trying to do my Football coaching badges, and will be paying the full wack for these courses, where as if i was a lazy sponging coont i could do em for free, pisses me off,
Old 10-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Smiggy

I'd put all long term unemployed under 40 in the army. See how long it takes them to get a job then.

I drive a taxi at the weekends (on top off my full time job) and I regularly get a guy in the taxi who I went through school with. When Rangers aren't playing I pick him up at his house on a saturday afternoon, drop him off at the bookies, then a few hours later pick him up from the boozer to take back home again. Taxi costs him about a fiver round trip and he always gives me about 7quid. He has never worked a day since he left school, (we're now both 31) he's got all the latest gear, a season ticket at Ibrox and is always out blitzed at the weekend. He's never short of cash, stays in a house paid for by the council and has 2 kids(who both go to the football as well)

Now season tickets for him and his 2 boys must be best part of a grand. He gets taxi's everywhere, goes to bookies and the boozer pretty much all weekend. I'm working 2 jobs to pay for this fuckwit to swan about all week.

Does my nut in.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Ex-Finesse
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by ST Racer
What bollocks. Plenty of jobs out there.

Let me guess.... you can't get a girlfriend either, "Because all these polish and immigrants are taking work from British people"??

*Obviously assuming you're a bloke.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Ex-Finesse

Let me guess.... you can't get a girlfriend either, "Because all these polish and immigrants are taking work from British people"??

*Obviously assuming you're a bloke.
what world do you live in, look in the building industry and lower paid jobs, fucking immigrants everywhere
Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Phil
Jeebus

If you can't get a job then you should have to do charity voluntary work for your dole money or maybe work sorting waste for recycling or something else useful!

No work done = no dole money!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

My reply since ive been unemplyed for almost 2 years now

First of all i suffer from bad panic attacks and i know this iseant a KNOWN disability but harpers me alot in life.

Secondly once youve been unemployed a certain amount of time they DO take your money off you and leave your parents,partner to look after you witch has happened to me.My partner has to claim Working Tax Credits and we get £37/week for me witch iseant alot by any means

Thirdly finding work iseant easy when your a tradesman and get offered jobs like packing boxes etc its demeaning knowing you have a trade and earn minimum wage but yes people do like i have in the past but i wanted to better myself from jobs like this and also moved over 100 miles from where i grew up and knew people and had contacts in my line of work so i could stay employed but now know nobody and am struggling to get back into my line of work

Its easy to say 'yeah theyre all lazy bastards and dont want to work cause theyve got this that etc' but not all cases are the same.Yes i know people who get everything under the sun through benefits and then theyres people like me who are honest and dont screw the government for everything even though ive payed plenty of taxes in the past to pay for it

At the end of the day everyones story is different and not everyone is after all they can get from government.The amount of benefits i recieved from jobcentre the entire time i was unemployed does NOT in any way make up for or acrue to the amount of money i payed in taxes over the years of employement in any way shape or form.Ive payed more in tax in 6 months employement than they have payed me in my 1 year of benefit money

Anyway rant over
Old 10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
you got to look at it from another perspective.
if the government just stopped giving all the lazy coonts dole money and other help what would the country be like? lots of people on benefits, where would they all go?
They might fook off to poland etc.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

First of all i suffer from bad panic attacks and i know this iseant a KNOWN disability but harpers me alot in life
Snedboy, Im not having a go mate, but Ive been suffering very bad panic attacks and IBS for 2 years also. Fucking ruined my personal life and Im surprised my Mrs is still here tbh. I couldn't even go to walk the dog without having one at the beginning.

2 years since it started and they are still bad, but I personally have not gone to the Government for help! I could not afford it and have worked ever since... If I did not work I wouldn't be fighting to get over these attacks and just sitting at home every day!

Tomorrows my first trip to see the Psyciatrist (Sp??) at his office (Usually does house trips) and Im panicking already about the drive (5miles from home), but Ive gotta do it for my own benefit!

Back to the thread:

I agree with half the replies on here! I know someone with 4 kids, £1200 a month rent PAID and gets about £500 a month benefit!! Another I know with 2 kids has a decent flat, flat screen 40inch TV, etc all paid for out of or Taxes!!! Fucking winds me up and thats just 2 people. I know plenty more who have been given flats, etc just cause they had a letter from their parents saying they were being kicked out of home!!! Takes the fucking piss!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
ST Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ex-Finesse

Don't be retarded.

They have just let go a load of workers/friends at another branch of ours and employed polish workers, fucking pathetic.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by FletchCossie
First of all i suffer from bad panic attacks and i know this iseant a KNOWN disability but harpers me alot in life
Snedboy, Im not having a go mate, but Ive been suffering very bad panic attacks and IBS for 2 years also. Fucking ruined my personal life and Im surprised my Mrs is still here tbh. I couldn't even go to walk the dog without having one at the beginning.

2 years since it started and they are still bad, but I personally have not gone to the Government for help! I could not afford it and have worked ever since... If I did not work I wouldn't be fighting to get over these attacks and just sitting at home every day!

Tomorrows my first trip to see the Psyciatrist (Sp??) at his office (Usually does house trips) and Im panicking already about the drive (5miles from home), but Ive gotta do it for my own benefit!

Back to the thread:

I agree with half the replies on here! I know someone with 4 kids, £1200 a month rent PAID and gets about £500 a month benefit!! Another I know with 2 kids has a decent flat, flat screen 40inch TV, etc all paid for out of or Taxes!!! Fucking winds me up and thats just 2 people. I know plenty more who have been given flats, etc just cause they had a letter from their parents saying they were being kicked out of home!!! Takes the fucking piss!!!!
Fairplay m8 try suffering for over 12 years m8!! Ive had the docs etc,pills you name it.Worked for years suffering them aswell.Not saying it stops me from getting a job but saying it does stump me in life ALOT.I couldnt leave the house for 6 months not even in the back garden!! and in all that time i never signed on dole cause couldnt get out house and that got me in ALOT of financial debt as i waseant paying any debts off and this was over 7 years ago and im still getting the letters

Also understand what your saying about people you know i know them aswell.Also know polish people claiming for 6 kids etc and the money gets sent back home to there partners in our currency making them alot of money in poland!! Country is a mess and is getting worse imo
Old 10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
mitchrst

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
if the government just stopped giving all the lazy coonts dole money and other help what would the country be like? lots of people on benefits, where would they all go?
They might fook off to poland etc.

They would be a bum on every corner like there is in america living in cardboard boxs etc

I know of some real nice people who choose not to work not because there lazy just that they rather stay at home and look after there kids

they also do charity work for free so you cant tar everyone with the same brush

jobseekers allowance is £40 a week

But the so called royal family who also dont work spend upto £1000 a day each which in imo is wrong as they get there money from taxs just like people on the dole
Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What a load of bollocks they are only doing the jobs that lazy dole dossers ain't fucking interested in

If everyone on the dole was working the Poles wouldn't bother coming over here to work due to there being no work for them
Old 10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez

What a load of bollocks they are only doing the jobs that lazy dole dossers ain't fucking interested in

If everyone on the dole was working the Poles wouldn't bother coming over here to work due to there being no work for them
did you watch that program yesterday on bbc2 about how much peole earn?
they basicly said that for minimum wage, no fooker picks vegetables for 8 hours a day so thats the job the poles etc do

and rememebr way back when prescott went to tottenham and found that the job centre had 4000 vacancies to fill and yet there were 3000 people who said they couldn't find a job
Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
gaz s1

Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez

yes but the poles live 10 to a house so they can afford to earn minimum wage and pay rent etc, im not saying work aint out there for people but it aint that clear cut, some people are in the poverty trap and you cant blame them for not taking a minimum wage job if they wont even be able to pay the rent on that shit wage, ive been on the dole at fuck me it was a struggle so cant see how some are buying plasmas etc
Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
mitchrst

yes but the poles live 10 to a house so they can afford to earn minimum wage and pay rent etc, im not saying work aint out there for people but it aint that clear cut, some people are in the poverty trap and you cant blame them for not taking a minimum wage job if they wont even be able to pay the rent on that shit wage, ive been on the dole at fuck me it was a struggle so cant see how some are buying plasmas etc

Thats true mate theres 10 poles over the road from me all living in a 2 bed house
Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Who gives a fuck acording to that "what britain earns" program last night i'm in the top 10% in the country and will hopefully start getting all my tax back. So fuck it let them sponge
Old 10-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_focus
Originally Posted by phil_focus
a lot better place. less tax money being wasted on lazy coonts and more tax being contributed to the pot which can therefore go into roads, NHS, etc.!!!!

if the government didnt give them money then they would have to get a job and contribute!
doubt most of them would get a job even if they had to mate...... or the ones who cant cos of looking after their kids etc....its not all cut n dry is it or it would work like that
i hadnt included the full time mum's. i bet at least half the lazy spongers would get a job but you are right, it isnt all black and white (is that not politically correct now-a-days?).

sorry if i came accross as having a go at you, i wasnt, just boils my blood this government!
Lol i didnt think you were mate just different opinions nowt worng with that! I personally think this government have had a hard task cleaning up the absolute mess the tories left and they have been expected to do too much in too little time..... but....
Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
picky775
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If they geniunely cant work then fairdoes but if they can but cant be arsed then they should be thrown in the army or sumink i hate workin my b#ll@xs off so the lazy feckers can take sum of my hard earned cash to buy drugs,booze etc it makes me sick
Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

obviously Im not of the opinion that if they dont accept work then just dont pay them etc as that solves nothing...

I live in a new build property and on the estate a % had to be built that are housing association or council (same thing??)

When I trot off to work at 7am, matey boy's always out having a fag by the front door.. has a missis and kid. Doesnt work for shit the lazy fucker The hopuse they have been "GIVEN" is a two bedroom brand new property, front and rear garden etc... theres me in an apartment without a rear garden.. I work fucking hard (literally just got back home).. they do nothing apart from Sponge and it seriously winds me up..

BUT

I do feel proud when I see the little gypo sporting his shitty tracky bottoms etc.. I come bowling past.. blip the alarm to the type r and wear nice clothes etc... but deep down he is the clever one.. free money and housing for nothing even tho he does dress like a tramp.. Love seeing them standing at the bus stop whilst I drive past

People have it all to easy thats the problem.. they get more money on the dole than if they were in certain employment..!? why would you work hey..!

Scounging fat lazy cunts..!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

State run nurserys should exist and be free for all.

NO dole should ever be paid to ANYONE

Disability benefit should be paid to people who CANT work, but I think even most disabled people could do something anyway, even if it was just something like sitting in front of ebay all day looking for tax dodgers.

Everyone should be provided a state job if they require an income and dont have a normal job, even if its the "dig holes in the morining, then fill them in in the afternoon" approach, just so they are used to going to work 9-5 and earn a useful reference for finding proper work.

Criminals should be charged for their stays inside, and given the opportunity to work to pay it off and to earn priveledges, they should not see a TV or anything other than basic nutrition if they dont work.

No one should get anything for nothing unless they are genuinely needy!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Can people get morgages if they are on the rock and roll...?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Matt J
What about people not taking jobs because minimum wage wont be enough to pay the mortgage never mind any other bills? where should they turn?
I believe that there should be short term support for people with a mortgage, but nothing long term, if you cant afford it cause you dont earn enough money, then you dont get to keep it and have to move somewhere smaller or rented.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Have to say I agree here! At least the nurserys would help at least those who have a genuine childcare problem ie single mothers with 3 kids....
You wonder if some would just milk it by having the kids at the nursery 9-5 though and then just sitting at home in peace..

People should be made to do something...whether it's being a dinner lady in a school or cleaning or whatever....if they are unable to get a job they should be given some hours to do for their own health....or the option of doing some form of education/training instead.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

From what I heard on news about it, it's a proposal from the Conservatives for their next election, and they state that if they get power, people who claim benefits whilst unemployed will only get these for a max of 2 yrs, after that they will lose benefits unless a) they get a job or b) they do community work to "earn" the benefits.....

With a little thought and planning, this could be an EXCELLENT idea. Don't just stop at unemployment benefit/dole money, carry on for tax credits, NI stamp, council tax etc etc, and if they go for the commnuity work, then make them actually earn it, ie, more work they do/hours put in, the more % of total benefits they earn - ie they need to put in 40hrs a week to earn 100% of their "entitled" benefits, work less than that, then get less benefits - pro rata n all that....

Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Katie
Have to say I agree here! At least the nurserys would help at least those who have a genuine childcare problem ie single mothers with 3 kids....
You wonder if some would just milk it by having the kids at the nursery 9-5 though and then just sitting at home in peace..

People should be made to do something...whether it's being a dinner lady in a school or cleaning or whatever....if they are unable to get a job they should be given some hours to do for their own health....or the option of doing some form of education/training instead.

There is always porn as a viable career chioce, even for the disabled thanks to people with tastes like Radders
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Thrush
From what I heard on news about it, it's a proposal from the Conservatives for their next election, and they state that if they get power, people who claim benefits whilst unemployed will only get these for a max of 2 yrs, after that they will lose benefits unless a) they get a job or b) they do community work to "earn" the benefits.....

With a little thought and planning, this could be an EXCELLENT idea. Don't just stop at unemployment benefit/dole money, carry on for tax credits, NI stamp, council tax etc etc, and if they go for the commnuity work, then make them actually earn it, ie, more work they do/hours put in, the more % of total benefits they earn - ie they need to put in 40hrs a week to earn 100% of their "entitled" benefits, work less than that, then get less benefits - pro rata n all that....

yes i heard this on the radio the other day. Good idea but sadly id rather shove the voting paper up my arse, pull it back out and lick it clean than vote blue

Regarding chips comments. My dads disabled. He grafted all his life even when at one point the job he had was about a tenner more than the dole....but it was a tenner and his pride made him work. He has always worked but had this robbed from him due to a fall...he hasnt worked since 92 but your saying he should be made to sit in front of a computer to earn his disablity benefit after all hes paid into the system over his life? Dont talk like a cunt. Disabilty benefits and lazy dole are totally different.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Chip

yes i heard this on the radio the other day. Good idea but sadly id rather shove the voting paper up my arse, pull it back out and lick it clean than vote blue

Regarding chips comments. My dads disabled. He grafted all his life even when at one point the job he had was about a tenner more than the dole....but it was a tenner and his pride made him work. He has always worked but had this robbed from him due to a fall...he hasnt worked since 92 but your saying he should be made to sit in front of a computer to earn his disablity benefit after all hes paid into the system over his life? Dont talk like a cunt. Disabilty benefits and lazy dole are totally different.
Im sure there is SOMETHING useful to society that he can do to give him back that sense of pride that he had before
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree that disability benefits are completely different. However, some people DO milk it! And thier family's milk it. This is usually council estate scum with no values mind.... Makes me sick sometimes tho when we get a car come in for a window or windscreen and it's for a motability customer. Not if it's genuine, but when it's a brand spanking new coupe, brought in on a low loader cos the owner can't be fucked to drive it themselves (and cos they get the low loader for free) and then get the glass for free, and turn up with a spring in their step cos there is NOTHING wrong with them, other than their mum, dad, child, brother, whatever has 5% sight loss in one eye - that pisses you off!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Im sure there is SOMETHING useful to society that he can do to give him back that sense of pride that he had before
He does what he can.....this doesnt mean he should be MADE to EARN his disability allowance....all fuckin 183 quid a week of it to live on
Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I agree that disability benefits are completely different. However, some people DO milk it! And thier family's milk it. This is usually council estate scum with no values mind.... Makes me sick sometimes tho when we get a car come in for a window or windscreen and it's for a motability customer. Not if it's genuine, but when it's a brand spanking new coupe, brought in on a low loader cos the owner can't be fucked to drive it themselves (and cos they get the low loader for free) and then get the glass for free, and turn up with a spring in their step cos there is NOTHING wrong with them, other than their mum, dad, child, brother, whatever has 5% sight loss in one eye - that pisses you off!
This fucks me off bigtime too matt. even more so my parents when my dad has to go and have check ups etc to make sure hes still not fit for work even though the specialist has said it will only get worse Yet theres twats who arrive at the docs in a wheelchair then they are out walking the dog when they get home scumbags
Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Chip

He does what he can.....this doesnt mean he should be MADE to EARN his disability allowance....all fuckin 183 quid a week of it to live on
I disagree, but its only my opinion.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Chip-3Door

well lets hope it doesnt happen to your Dad then hey see how ya feel then when youve watched em struggle
Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Chip

Chip-3Door

well lets hope it doesnt happen to your Dad then hey see how ya feel then when youve watched em struggle
He would be struggling LESS imho, cause that measly 183 quid could potentially be 300 quid instead if the government was making use of a workforce that it had at its disposal effectively for free (as its money its already paying out)
Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

no, if youd watched them struggle for 16 years on fook all money i doubt youd be saying that he should work for his allowance....youll disagree as its easy when you aint been there plus your an argumentetive stubboen fooker too
Old 10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

my uncle sid is on disability allowance £70 a week after a motor bike accident for the last few years now he needs help to leave the house etc been watching him struggle for years he could no way he could go out and work
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 PM
gaz s1

Thrush not everybody who lives on council estates are scum not everybody can get a mortgage you know your generalising borders on the idiotic, i suppose you think everybody who lives on a council estate is on the dole scrounging
Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Chip

no, if youd watched them struggle for 16 years on fook all money i doubt youd be saying that he should work for his allowance....youll disagree as its easy when you aint been there plus your an argumentetive stubboen fooker too
In my system, people wouldnt struggle so much for 16 years in the first place though!

Quick Reply: on the dole... longtimers