General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Nokia PC Suite is the b0110x!!! Hurrah!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Nokia PC Suite is the b0110x!!! Hurrah!

At last Nokia have made something thats easy to use, does exactly what you want it to and just simple "works" - shame the same can't be said for their phones

My N73 fucked up yesterday - well I say fucked up, the little navigation button came off and wouldn't stay on again, so I dabbed a teent tiny bit of superglue on it and stuck it back on. 5 mins later the navi bit wouldn't work at all

Rang T-mobile and said it's fucked up And I wanted a new one. Had to haggle a bit as they wanted me to send it in first and THEN they would replace it FOC, but would mean I would be without phone for 5days or so (and I've not even got a house phone so sod that). Credit to them tho, they sent me a brand new N73 today, and colected my old one aswell (so I'll probably get a bill later when they find out it's fucked cos it has superglue in it )

Anyway, back to topic. Used the Nokia PC Suite that came with the phone originally for the first time last night, and made a back up of my phones data as it said it would copy all settings, contacts etc....

Got home half hour ago with new phone, booted up PC, connected via bluetooth, then opened PC Suite again. Opened the back up util, pressed the RESTORE button, showed me the restore file I made yesterday, then clicked RESTORE. 5mins later it's done - new phone is now IDENTICAL to the old one! All my contacts are there, it copied over all my sent and recieved texts, my pics, vids, themes I installed on it, even my Gmail plugin and saved all the login info!

Nice one Nokia, that saved me a LOT of time!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
cabrio boy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you saying that about your n73 my old one did the same thing and then i did the superglue thing then a while after the screen cracked i contacted them it cost me £50 and i was without a phone fo 8 days barstards !!! but at the same time