General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Company review....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008 | 08:50 PM
RS_Rawli
Advanced PassionFord User

Default Company review....

This is probably frowned apon, but i express my joy when dealing with a company is good, so thought i'd mix it around and warn people of this company.

The company in question; Hill's Salvage, Skelmesdale in Lancashire.

Ive been looking for a GTR bumper for my skyline for about 10months now, finding them is bloody difficult and when they do come up theyre snapped up fast, or are at the opposite end of the country.

Having got wind that there was one at this breakers i rang around 2 months ago for a price, arrange for a call back... no call back!, shouldve been warned off i guess. Stupidly i rang up on saturday with money burning a hole, £200 was the price and when i asked if there was any damage "it looks fine" was the reply. Sound, so thats £200 to be taken and ill collect the bumper when its removed... £200 being the top end of the scale with regards prices on these scarce R32 bumpers, but its local, and pretty convenient.

Anyway, fires up there straight after work today, to collect my bumper, bumper is handed over the counter and i wasnt instantly unhappy with the product, holes from a mismounted misplaced numberplate, distorted and flaking paint, a scuff/dent and over all poor quality. Not too fussed as im painting it as its the wrong colour. Now time to look at the scuffed to death and distorted splitter, great!

"this splitters a bit bashed mate" i said
"yeah thats what theyre there for"
"not really, and have you tried replacing them?"

to this what appeared to be his boss wonders over and places the invoice down. £235 taken from my card.

"hang on a minute, it was £200, nobody mentioned VAT" i say, quite calmly
"yes she did, i was sat next to her, i looked the price up for her as you asked about the bootlid and spoiler to" pipes up the manager...
"right, so, VAT was never mentioned, i wouldnt have bought it as the price is high anyway, and its damaged!" i replied
"well it was supposed to be £300 anyway, i priced it up wrong, and VAT is charged on everything" he says abruptly as he disappeared intot he back office.

The lads on the desk just sat there and looked at me like i was the argumentative one, £235 for a bumper on a car that cost less than a grand n the first place!!! and i cant put it straight on, regardless of damage cos the condition is appauling.

So where does that leave me, they insist you pay for the product before it is removed, your not allowed in the yard so all i can do is take hte phone operators word for the condition.

Ive now ended up with a bumper worth about £100 and im £235 lighter when i only authorised £200 to be debited from my account.

Thanks alot you pricks! i was going back to spend a further £200 on spoiler and boot lid next month but i told hte lads on the desk to stick it up their bosses arse.

So just a warning if your thinking about dealing with this arrogant wanker!

rant over...
a clearly disgruntalled Rawli
Old 07-01-2008 | 09:06 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

do a charge back on your card.
Old 07-01-2008 | 09:55 PM
Bungle
Advanced PassionFord User

Fucking pricks these are very arrogant too i wanted to buy a few bits off them on ebay phoned them up asked for a deal on several parts and to buy out of ebay they agreed told me to ring back next morning only to be told sorry no one remembers talking to you and we dont remove items listed on ebay
Old 07-01-2008 | 10:08 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

as tim said, if you paid with a cc take the bumper back and you get the money back from your CC company.

steve