General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Drugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008 | 02:18 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

My current understanding based on recent studies Ive read:

"Midweek blues" that ravers report is a direct consequence of a dip in serotonin levels as Johhny mentions.

If you were to chart your levels over a period of time when taking E you would see it slowly going downwards.

The fact its a gradual degredation means that people dont notice it happening and so stupidly think thats its not doing so, hence all the claims of "never done me any harm" etc, while the reality is their mental health (particuarly with regards to depression) is pretty much invariabley effected adversely among heavy users.

This tends to lead to depression in the longer term, but thats nowhere near the only effect, paranoia is common, and it also increases your chances of getting a whole raft of mental illnesses, from mild stuff like anxiety and panic attacks, right through to an increased risk of schizophrenia and related illnesses, its not just mental health thats effected though, its also physical health potentially including liver failure.

Nasty nasty shit really, but as its a relatively new drug the effects arent as well known as other drugs such as alcohol.

Biggest danger of course is that its an illegal drug, and so you have NO idea what you are really taking, and bollocks to people who say "I cant trust my supplier, he's a mate" cause who do you think he gets it off and who do they get it off? Ultimately it nearly always ends up back at the door of pretty serious criminal organisations producing it, and obviously they do so with utterly no real concern for anything other than profit, the QA procedures are typically more or less non existant, and even if a "bad batch" is found out about, invariabley it will still be sold on anyway as its cost money to make and these people arent about to lose money.

IF it was legal, I personally dont feel that it would be any worse for society than alcohol is, but because its currently not, your risks when taking it are an unknown quantity, you cant make any real educated guess at the amount you are taking because you dont have any reliable list of ingredients for what you are chucking down your neck, its like buying pints of drink and not knowing if its got beer or vodka in there when you decide to have 3, and obviously in this instance you cant be guided by taste.

I have firsthand experience of seeing the effects of various drugs on others, but have NO experience of taking them myself, its just not something ive ever felt the need to do as I dont want any of the good effects they give enough to risk my mental health over it, you only get one brain and personally im not about to risk mine on uncalculable odds.

I think that drugs should be legal in order that people can be more assured of their contents, but at the same time I feel that would probably lead to an increase in their consumption overall.
Old 06-01-2008 | 02:20 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by rst in progress
Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
I know its personal choice... I would never personally take drugs.

One thing that really angers me though is people openly discussing on forums, such as this, that they take it, how much they've consumed and basically bragging about it.

Is it really so big and clever to take drugs? Or are you just gonna leave your family and friends grieving over you when you go too early...
well said, i dont see the point in drugs myself, never tried them, never will as ive seen too many peoples life go down hill from them and you start on scunk etc then want a bigger buzz and go up a level, is it worth it? y not just have a drink?
IMHO thats one of the most stupid comments ive EVER read on this forum (and trust me that takes some doing )

Drink really is not significantly different, and its equally easy to "up the dose" as you get more and more used to the effects, what the fuck do you think alcoholism is FFS?!
Old 06-01-2008 | 04:04 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
The fact its a gradual degredation means that people dont notice it happening and so stupidly think thats its not doing so, hence all the claims of "never done me any harm" etc, while the reality is their mental health (particuarly with regards to depression) is pretty much invariabley effected adversely among heavy users.

This tends to lead to depression in the longer term, but thats nowhere near the only effect, paranoia is common, and it also increases your chances of getting a whole raft of mental illnesses, from mild stuff like anxiety and panic attacks, right through to an increased risk of schizophrenia and related illnesses, its not just mental health thats effected though, its also physical health potentially including liver failure.
People who dont believe the mental health issues related to drugs should go visit thier local mental health hospital inpatient facility. a lot of very ill people with heads severely fucked by drugs. Split between the people being detoxed and the people experiencing psychosis and other issues as a result of heavy drug use.
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:58 AM
PGT
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
Drugs are rarely the problem, its the miss use of drugs that gets people in the shite!

its the same with everything in life! you CAN have too much of a good thing!
well said - all things in moderation. most people who takes drugs ('drugs' includes alcochol and ciggies ) have no long term ill effects. someone who gets pilled up at the weekend is no worse than your missus who has a bottle of wine every night
Old 06-01-2008 | 08:48 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

have/had a mate that does most things except heroin... he snorts the tablets that smackheads use to come off the stuff... crack, speed, weed... he is a real mess... got no sympathy for him as a few mates and i tried to help him, but he is mentally fucked now... sounds and shakes like ozzy osbourne but he's only 18... ah well, atleast there is someone to compare your life to and realise that you aint doin too badly!
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:54 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Personally, i think that ginge, radders, gareth, focuschivvy, johnnyB and anyone else who has broadcasted their drug use on here have just came across as proper wasters.

I assume you all have jobs, money, family, cars etc... why go out at the weekend and get yourself looking like the junky scumbag that you clearly are not? Yeah, mon-fri you may be decent people, so why feel the urge to get in that mess through drugs at the weekend? You dont look good on pills, you might aswell be the junky bastard asking for coppers for his next fix, end of.
Old 06-01-2008 | 10:11 AM
cossiegreg1
PassionFord Post Troll

jonnyb......i havnt had any pills for months now,because there dont seem to be any about,and the ones what are kickin about are them shitty legal high things.which ones are around your area??
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:27 AM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm actually proud i've never tried any so called illegal drugs in my life seen about 7 ex clients die over the years through mainly heroin abuse, fed up of preaching on the subject of drugs so i just look after no1
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:30 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Tangodeltasierra3

i dont mean to sound silly and immature, but on the flip side, ive had some great times doing drugs! and im glad i done them
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:37 AM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Tangodeltasierra3

i dont mean to sound silly and immature, but on the flip side, ive had some great times doing drugs! and im glad i done them
Ill second that!!

I dont regret a thing, just something you end up growing out of........unfortunatly some people dont know when to calm down and get on with other things.

As for coldo,

Mate i work my arse off during the week, i love my music and if i want to take stuff i will......i dont drink a great deal if anything really as im more of a twat on alchahol than on smarties or mdma.

Also the clubs are full of the same looking people in london anyways so i dont feel like im the odd one out

I dont agree with doing the gear down the local pub or the local shit hole that is called a night club, i save it for when i want a proper night out that is not gonna get ruined by pissed up barry boys who do nothing apart from want to fight everyone

Look at how much trouble you get down your local place to how much there is at a place that is open all night ie:- Turnmills, egg, honeyclub mate i could go on
Old 06-01-2008 | 12:19 PM
xrmalin
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I like it how people still have this idea that if you smoke abit of weed your destined to move on to harder drugs
cossiegreg1
Them shitty legal things your on about are worse for you me and my mates had a load on a saturday night about a year ago and we were still tripping out monday morning
Old 06-01-2008 | 12:48 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Weed is shit, just makes me feel sick.

Pills are a mugs game, and as mentioned on here already coke turns me into a complete cock (and I don't need any help there!)

I work in the city and there's a massive coke culture in my firm but I'm not interested.... getting pissed, shovelling that shit up your nose and then not being able to remember anything is pointless.

It tastes foul too when it runs down the back of your throat
Old 06-01-2008 | 12:56 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Nick.
Gimme Ł1.10 for a redbull and ill be more yampy than anybody on pills.

pmsl! if only you knew
Old 06-01-2008 | 01:15 PM
focuschivvy
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by matt p
[

I dont agree with doing the gear down the local pub or the local shit hole that is called a night club, i save it for when i want a proper night out:
thats me somewhere where every other fucker is flying aswell
Old 06-01-2008 | 01:16 PM
focuschivvy

Originally Posted by OldSkoolRS

It tastes foul too when it runs down the back of your throat
best part of it
Old 06-01-2008 | 01:48 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...the only drug i tried was xanax a few years ago (my sister was prescribed them)...and fuck me did it make me horny ..First symptom was everything felt heavy a real relaxant...but its strange as when on a tablet i kept thinking that i couldnt wait to take another once this wore off ..i fucked it right off then due to realising ADDICTION was highly likely...alcohol is my only weopen of choice i know where i am with it.
Old 06-01-2008 | 02:29 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

when i was at school. i had certain mates, and after leaving school i stayed close to them till i was 19/20

then i watched them start on E's, now coke

i no longer go out my way to see them, if i do see them, im pleasent and we talk, they know why i dont go out with them anymore, they do whinge about itbut i told them why....

now have drug free friends and its a lot betterr
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:26 PM
cossiegreg1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by xrmalin
I like it how people still have this idea that if you smoke abit of weed your destined to move on to harder drugs
cossiegreg1
Them shitty legal things your on about are worse for you me and my mates had a load on a saturday night about a year ago and we were still tripping out monday morning
tell me about it there fuckin horrible,i never want take them again
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:46 PM
Dannn

I just think its sad that coke has become a "cool" drug. So cool that people are happy to talk about taking it with ease with people they know/work with or on an Internet forum. I bet you would never find many people bragging about taking heroin....!

I bet the dealers fucking love the cool rep it has while they sit counting their profits from it!

The average punter with an average wage must be a total cock to buy it IMO. I have been told its Ł60 a gram (excuse me if I am wrong!) - just crazy....!

IMO people who need to take that shite regularly have something missing from their lives which is very sad. Perhaps they better off filling the missing gap with something else......
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:48 PM
cossiegreg1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Dannn
I just think its sad that coke has become a "cool" drug. So cool that people are happy to talk about taking it with ease with people they know/work with or on an Internet forum. I bet you would never find many people bragging about taking heroin....!

I bet the dealers fucking love the cool rep it has while they sit counting their profits from it!

The average punter with an average wage must be a total cock to buy it IMO. I have been told its Ł60 a gram (excuse me if I am wrong!) - just crazy....!

IMO people who need to take that shite regularly have something missing from their lives which is very sad. Perhaps they better off filling the missing gap with something else......
............now Breathe...
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:51 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Tangodeltasierra3

Ill second that!!

I dont regret a thing, just something you end up growing out of........unfortunatly some people dont know when to calm down and get on with other things.

I'll 3rd that, Clubbing is fucking awesome when your favourite DJ is playing, you've met some girls and you've all dropped....

Immense feeling
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:51 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Dannn

Where the fuck do you pay Ł60 a gram
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:53 PM
Dannn

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Dannn

Where the fuck do you pay Ł60 a gram
I don't buy the shite so I don't know - that whats I have been told as said in my post - excuse me if I am wrong

What does the shite cost ?
Old 06-01-2008 | 07:55 PM
MK5RST

anywhere between Ł30 and Ł50 for a G
Old 06-01-2008 | 08:12 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i agree,,,,,, though 60 quid on lines of charlie,,, generally its 45 or 50 though and split between 2 people,,, then the price of beer, its alot but tbh when your spending anotehr 40 quod on cab fares and then another 10 quid admission into a club,,,,, nights out are GENERALLY expensive

im a MUCH bigger cock on beer,,,, i always end up either trying to break up fights or getting into fights,,,,, when im drunk i get anoyed with dicks alot easier and end up having words ect

on MDMA or decent pills that aint ketamine cut too much i tend to just chat shite to people,, talk to ANYONE,, hell one night i was talking to a kid whos a up an comming boxer as he just had hes nose stiched up from a fight the night before... had a laugh with him and turned out he knew a mate of mine...... see him about 3 times a month or just bump into him,,,, hes not into drugs OBV btw anyway random stuff like that happens

oh and when i was younger,, alot younger shagging a bird whos on charlie and champane,,,,,, seriously EVERYONE should test that and report back

THOUGH that said i dont take drugs anymore,,, im far to into my training to have that affect it, infact i dpnt drink much these days either... twice a month i go out and if its a saturday then i stop drinking at 12pm due to training the next day

taking drungs is no different to going on a pissup or "having a pint" after work if you treat it social

dann,,,, how do you feel about your kids drinking,,,, sharing a pint with your old man ???

did you know Harrods back in the 1900's use to sell morphine as a designer " aid" for housewifes..... then started to sell heroine when mprphine was consider addictive,,,, was sold in a flash wooden box and even came with a reuseable needle.......... its just these days its antisocial !!!

im not sure how i view drugs these days though,,,,, lots of my mates take it,,, lots dont but are arround it

i dont think theres been a day in 3 years that ive never had a conversation about drungs with someone, been with someone whos got access to it ect

hell i talk to a a couple of dealers EVERYDAY on the phone

as for sounding sad,,,,,, not really as you plan nights out and either add drugs or dont depending on the night out

i no longer do though through choice,,, i could still get them within 10 mins for what ever night i wished,,,,, guess im not a addict
Old 06-01-2008 | 08:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Tangodeltasierra3

Ill second that!!

I'll 3rd that, Clubbing is fucking awesome when your favourite DJ is playing, you've met some girls and you've all dropped....

Immense feeling
i TOTALLY agree with gareth too, my missus HATES when i tell her most of my better experiences ive been on drugs

id do it again at somepoint,,,,, i never stopped taking drugs just changed how many times i went out and the people i went out with who dont take drugs and so i realised it and made my training my new drug
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:16 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

I just cannot understand how some people on here, in the jobs they say they are in, are still in a job if they are taking that crap on a weekend....
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:18 PM
focuschivvy

I just cannot understand how some people on here, in the jobs they say they are in, are still in a job if they are taking that crap on a weekend....
not once have i seen a person moan about 'drug hangovers' on a monday morning, the amount of times ive smelt alcohol on people at work in the mornings is unbelievable
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:18 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Im coming out my job if you mean me
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:29 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by focuschivvy
not once have i seen a person moan about 'drug hangovers' on a monday morning, the amount of times ive smelt alcohol on people at work in the mornings is unbelievable
Alcohol is just as bad.... I know of a bus driver who is an alcoholic.. how he aint been sacked I will never know...
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:30 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Well it had crossed my mind that so many had been kicked out of the forces for mis-use of drugs.... its a bloody good job to have, mi brother-in-law's in Germany at the minute.... he'll come out a rich man one day...
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:40 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

My paper works in, and i'll be out soon enough, Had enough of being treated like shit, wages isnt even good, All our trade has gone and no one is being helpful to our tradesmen what so ever, so bollocks, Wouldnt even let me retrade , People on here will back that up to, rwd_cossie_wil , big_wig_074 and a few others

I havent touched anything for ages anyway laid off to as I gotta save for when im out, I want to travel

this is top of my list http://www.jagged-globe.co.uk/trek/i...camp.html#more
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:50 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

sometimes its good to talk, so people can hear, the rights and wrongs about it all!

you will never stop people from taking drugs, but you can stop people getting the wrong information about them!
Old 06-01-2008 | 10:54 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's a matter of self control. Or lack of it.

Those who have here generally are the ones with decent advice to give.
Old 06-01-2008 | 10:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Well it had crossed my mind that so many had been kicked out of the forces for mis-use of drugs.... its a bloody good job to have, mi brother-in-law's in Germany at the minute.... he'll come out a rich man one day...
im in the car trade, i deal with alot of reps who use it to keep up on long distance drives ect

not to mention everyone at work claims im a dealer as they think i get paied the same as them when i actually get a little more
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:18 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

driving under the influence of drugs.....
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

driving under the influence of drugs.....
hey ive been in car almost crashing on the A406 when a mate of mine who wouldnt drink was taking trips on the sly and swerved to avoind a FUCKING FRAGGLE on the road

charlie has been used by reps for ALONG time
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:45 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

maybe so, but it doesn't make it right.... there's no way that under the influence of drugs or drink your reactions are as sharp as they are without them... why kill yourself or someone else....

but I can well imagine Ginge that you'll have an answer to this as well, after all, how could I be right about anything.....
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:53 PM
Chip

maybe so, but it doesn't make it right.... there's no way that under the influence of drugs or drink your reactions are as sharp as they are without them... why kill yourself or someone else....

but I can well imagine Ginge that you'll have an answer to this as well, after all, how could I be right about anything.....
Some of the time the problem with driving on drugs reportedly is the opposite, you end up concentrating on all sorts of things that arent relevant to the task at hand
Old 06-01-2008 | 11:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

no actually i agree with you !

when i was on morphine i was told im not allowed to drive

im currently on tramadol for pain ( which is also another reason i stopped with drugs as it takes away the "buzz" part,,, but i am in alot of pain to need that more than a few nights out) and when ive taken too many i look wasted and i cant concentrate aswell as before,,,,, this MUST affect my driving ( though im legal ive been assured)

so from that point of view your totallu right,,,,, BUT,,,, and this is another thing to think of,,,,,,,, driving when tired is MORE dangerous than a bloke whos had a few lines to keep awake,,,,,, though drivng when tired AINT against the law

driving to work wit the flu is worse than driving with a hangover too yet legal aswell

Quick Reply: Drugs