General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Porsche Boxster - What to look for???

Search this Thread

Old 18-12-2007, 09:03 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Boxster - What to look for???

Cheers Oranoco after your post yesterday about Porsche Boxsters i have booked a test drive at the weekend now

Sad thing is its a bright yellow one
insurance is only £300 more than on my Mondeo

what should i look for and what should i steer clear of
Old 18-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: Porsche Boxster - What to look for???

Originally Posted by DanCossie
Sad thing is its a bright yellow one
Mine was yellow, nothing wrong with it
Old 18-12-2007, 09:36 AM
gkandr4ch
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Yellow is the best colour it stands out. Just make sure you don't get the Boxster clamped if you go to a Mcdonalds!
Old 18-12-2007, 09:39 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by gkandr4ch
Yellow is the best colour it stands out. Just make sure you don't get the Boxster clamped if you go to a Mcdonalds!
Old 18-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry mate

I'm getting a fair bit of stick on some forums I've mentioned it on. Usual comments of poor mans Porsche blah blah, can get faster blah blah but most of these comments are coming from kids with 1.25 Fiesta's.

I defy anybody to drive one down a B road and not get out with a stupid big grin.

Missus has come round to my way of thinking so as long as she likes the drive we should get ours about Summer (although some people have suggested waiting until Autumn as the prices dip a bit).
Old 18-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

..i been looking at the 2003 facelift Boxster S really am liking it ..in silver of course to match the merc/f-car
Old 18-12-2007, 11:25 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Sorry mate

I'm getting a fair bit of stick on some forums I've mentioned it on. Usual comments of poor mans Porsche blah blah, can get faster blah blah but most of these comments are coming from kids with 1.25 Fiesta's.

I defy anybody to drive one down a B road and not get out with a stupid big grin.

Missus has come round to my way of thinking so as long as she likes the drive we should get ours about Summer (although some people have suggested waiting until Autumn as the prices dip a bit).
People can say what they like to be honest...im 23 and if i have a nice porsche outside my house i cant be that poor lol.......

best line was.......'just cos u shag hairdressers dont mean ya need one of their cars' tosser
Old 18-12-2007, 11:26 AM
gkandr4ch
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

And Dan if you buy a yellow one it may remind you of that fatal day at 12.37pm PMSL
Old 18-12-2007, 11:32 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by gkandr4ch
And Dan if you buy a yellow one it may remind you of that fatal day at 12.37pm PMSL
Old 18-12-2007, 01:46 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

bttt
Old 18-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly... a man in a 911 which is of a younger age than your boxter is allowed to say something like that- I doubt they would.. but they can.

Someone who drives a mondeo or fiesta etc who says that hasn't got a fucking clue.

Jake
Old 18-12-2007, 03:19 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

shings- exactly mate........and im paying for it myself not gettin my daddy to buy it
Old 18-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shings

Exactly... a man in a 911 which is of a younger age than your boxter is allowed to say something like that- I doubt they would.. but they can.

Someone who drives a mondeo or fiesta etc who says that hasn't got a fucking clue.

Jake
I'm quite happy to be told stuff about them by people that have had experience with them (worked on/owned/driven). But why pass an opinion/judgement when they celarly have never been near one let alone driven one.

I'm not looking at one fro the badge on the front as I couldn't care less (Hell I own a S2 FFS ). It's about the driving experience and the only other car that budget would allow might be an Elise which I just couldn't live with day to day.
Old 18-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shings

Jake
I'm quite happy to be told stuff about them by people that have had experience with them (worked on/owned/driven). But why pass an opinion/judgement when they celarly have never been near one let alone driven one.

I'm not looking at one fro the badge on the front as I couldn't care less (Hell I own a S2 FFS ). It's about the driving experience and the only other car that budget would allow might be an Elise which I just couldn't live with day to day.
S2000... I'm sure Pon said that on your thread...

I told the girl in the bank yesterday I fancied a Porsche while I was standing there in my baseball cap and polo shirt.. she almost cum there and then..
Old 18-12-2007, 03:42 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Yep you obviously have to own £60k worth of car before you know anything about cars the chap in the 911 would probably look down his nose at the boxster driver and say nothing

I'm not a great Porsche fan TBH especially not the Boxter

An Elise, or better and Exige now your talking!

Z
Old 18-12-2007, 03:44 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by cabrio zo
Yep you obviously have to own £60k worth of car before you know anything about cars the chap in the 911 would probably look down his nose at the boxster driver and say nothing

I'm not a great Porsche fan TBH especially not the Boxter

An Elise, or better and Exige now your talking!

Z
i dont think he means that, im sure he means litte chavs in 1.4 kitted corsas and 1.1 fiestas lol...........

i thought about a Lotus but i think the Porsche would be better to live with daily....i have been reading loads of reviews on them today and seem to be a good all round solid car.
Old 18-12-2007, 03:48 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

"....a man in a 911 which is of a younger age than your boxter is allowed to say something like that......
Someone who drives a mondeo or fiesta etc who says that hasn't got a fucking clue."

I can see a Porsche easy to use, took me about an hour to get in and out of the Lotus!

Z
Old 18-12-2007, 03:50 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

"....a man in a 911 which is of a younger age than your boxter is allowed to say something like that......
Someone who drives a mondeo or fiesta etc who says that hasn't got a fucking clue."

I can see a Porsche easy to use, took me about an hour to get in and out of the Lotus!

Z
exactly lol........im 6ft 1 and not little so the elise was a bit of a problem lol.....
Old 18-12-2007, 03:51 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Knees around your ears, oo er missus

Z
Old 18-12-2007, 03:52 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Knees around your ears, oo er missus

Z
somethin like that
Old 18-12-2007, 08:19 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

bttt lol wat do i need to look for
Old 18-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pikey get it upin the air first of all, check for crash damage thats been done bad,,,, servicing been done and where

remember they a cheep car now, meaning that the richer poor people can afford them, meaning people who buy these are people who own shitty fords and wanna upgrade due to there cheepness

oh and if poss buy one with the facelifted headlights and then wack a personal plate on it to hide your still a pikey bastard
Old 18-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh and XJR's are also really cheep mate

though you had to have a oil burner to get the travel allowance ?
Old 18-12-2007, 08:26 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Ginge !
pikey get it upin the air first of all, check for crash damage thats been done bad,,,, servicing been done and where

remember they a cheep car now, meaning that the richer poor people can afford them, meaning people who buy these are people who own shitty fords and wanna upgrade due to there cheepness

oh and if poss buy one with the facelifted headlights and then wack a personal plate on it to hide your still a pikey bastard
hahahaha i aint a pikey bastard lol...........and of course a private plate will go in it lol.............

and no dont need an oil burner now
Old 18-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

then buy a PROPER car suited for you,,,,, the porsche aint a fast car remember but a posers tourer IMO

great for someone on the road alot,,,,, even better for a nancy boy,, oh wait that part fits you
Old 18-12-2007, 08:34 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

then buy a PROPER car suited for you,,,,, the porsche aint a fast car remember but a posers tourer IMO

great for someone on the road alot,,,,, even better for a nancy boy,, oh wait that part fits you
cheeky coonntt lol and i aint too bothered about going fast anymore to be honest mate....a nice 260bhp one will be fast enough for me
Old 18-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

dan 260 in a porsche aint 260 in a old car,, they heavier

and EVERYONE likes going fast when bored
Old 18-12-2007, 08:42 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

true....but im gettin old now mate lol.......AJ sais they go round roudabouts well with the traction control off
Old 18-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Fagin
Advanced PassionFord User

I have been thinking about the 911 996 Turbo recently....... it's the only thing I have been in that comes anywhere near the Subaru, in regards to a car with similar (but less) grunt in standard factory spec (I'm getting old now and have had enough of modding). I must admit I am finding it hard to justify the wonga though on a weekend toy..... but saying that the Scoob owes me over £50k so I can't really use that as an excuse as I have blasted loads before. I have a feeling after speaking to Porkie I would also end up spending another £5k+ easy modding the thing. Not good!

Time to grow up for me though. lol

Totally different (like TOTALLY) from a 911, I have my eye on an 07 Z4 M Roadster (340bhp) as a weekend toy. Enough grunt for what I need and has something different in a soft top (never had one before) and of course is RWD. Exciting with the traction control off and I can get an 07 with all the toys on and non existant mileage for under £30k. No where near the 911 image....... but then it is around £30k cheaper. lol

Good luck with your intended purchase..... as long as you have fun thats the main thing.
Old 18-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by DanCossie

true....but im gettin old now mate lol.......AJ sais they go round roudabouts well with the traction control off
mate you ever seen tiny drive,,,,,,, he was refering to just driving around roundabouts mate,,,,, as in turn the wheel, indicate left and come off at the junction

the only time hes tyres have ever lost traction is on oil
Old 19-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Same comments you used to say

As I said its called growing up
Old 19-12-2007, 09:51 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Fagin
Totally different (like TOTALLY) from a 911, I have my eye on an 07 Z4 M Roadster (340bhp) as a weekend toy. Enough grunt for what I need and has something different in a soft top (never had one before) and of course is RWD. Exciting with the traction control off and I can get an 07 with all the toys on and non existant mileage for under £30k. No where near the 911 image....... but then it is around £30k cheaper. lol
30k? Are they really coming down that fast?

I absolutely love them!
Old 19-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON

I absolutely love them!
Rippy bought a 03 996 Turbo for around the 30K mark Rich, goes like fuckin stink!!.........

He's already changed the exhaust, manifold headers and remapped it (No not superchips!! )............
Old 19-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Yeti Racing

Rippy bought a 03 996 Turbo for around the 30K mark Rich, goes like fuckin stink!!.........
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minimun £50k!!!

They do however go like stink. Well my one doesn't as the clutch is slipping like FOOOOOK now!
Old 19-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Sorry why would he lie to me? Seeing as i'm a Very good mate of his? Or me for that fact!!

Maybe I got the year wrong etc, but I'm sure he said just over 30K for it and its deffo a 996 Turbo..........
Old 19-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Rippers
Monte Geek

I heard Rippy got his dirt cheap
Old 19-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Well if he wouldn't lie...

You must have monkey spunk in your ears and TOTALLY heard it wrong

As you are wrong on the price by about 50%

a nice 996 Turbo on a 03 is around 55-60k.

Check autotrader or Topmarques if you don't believe me!

an early tatty 2000 car with BIG miles might be close to £34k if you are in the trade I suppose.
Old 19-12-2007, 10:08 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Yeti Racing
Originally Posted by RichardPON

I absolutely love them!

He's already changed the exhaust, manifold headers and remapped it (No not superchips!! )............
That's great.............. but I was on about the Z4M, but thanks anyway

Is that really your new mobile number, or am I going to be texting some gay text line on Saturday when we turn your boys over?
Old 19-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

having a quick check on PH...

look at this rare red one. Never seen one before. Coool man

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/177038.htm
Old 19-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Yeah because I'm really bothered that you dont believe me Lee!! He has a HABIT of finding these cars CHEAP and as he said if it wasnt that price he wouldnt of bothered.

I know what car it is, and what he said so we'll leave it there.........

And agreed it stupidly fast, 4 gear at 70mph, foot down, no gear change and off it went! Scared the fuck out of me on the A10 relief road, god knows what he gets up to in the family F430 at the weekends!!

Quick Reply: Porsche Boxster - What to look for???