General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Hatton

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:09 PM
baker p
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatton

Been in the pub today arguing with lads about the fight...

A few of them are saying the ref decided the fight.....

Bollox you klunts , i told em.

I think hattons a great fighter but Mayweather is greater,, end of.

If they fought again with a different ref it would be the same outcome.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He done well, But I think its bollocks thats the Ref was from Las Vagas, Where the fight was held, Mayweather is from and the Judges also from Nevada
Old 09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ref was jumping in a bit soon ,but at the end of the day Hatton was not good enough .
Shame ,as i thought he would get through a bit more than he did.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

error>>>^^^^***
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Ref was fucking shit tbh, but i knew mayweather would ko/tko him. Hatton comes forward with his chin out alot, and mayweather is THE best at countering and pot shotting.
I put 10 quid on mayweather to win by KO/TKO and i won 50 quid

I would love to see a rematch here in England though, i hope it happens
Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Barry R
PassionFord Post Troll

hatton COULD of taken him
Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the way the ref "controlled" the first half of the fight didnt give hatton chance to do the damage he had to do to impose himself on mayweather.the point deduction was a terrible decision which just added to rickys frustration.

mayweather looked a bit surprised and uncomfortable in the first couple of rounds but once he got the measure of ricky,he was hitting him with ease,and power.but hats off to hatton,he took some big hits before he went down and still came onto him.

i still think the end result without the ref would have been a mayweather win-he was too classy,and seemed much stronger.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ref didnt knock him out, mayweather did. i wanted ricky to win as much as the next man, but he got outclassed, ricky is an outstanding fighter, but floyd was one step to far. as the commentator said during the fight, " it pains me to say this, but he's getting out classed " some of the pundits and media have said the same, if floyd was english, we would be saying it was a master class, but instead, as usual with british sports fans, were looking for excuses, regardless of where it was fought, how bad the ref was etc, floyd was just to good for ricky.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
The ref didnt knock him out, mayweather did. i wanted ricky to win as much as the next man, but he got outclassed, ricky is an outstanding fighter, but floyd was one step to far. as the commentator said during the fight, " it pains me to say this, but he's getting out classed " some of the pundits and media have said the same, if floyd was english, we would be saying it was a master class, but instead, as usual with british sports fans, were looking for excuses, regardless of where it was fought, how bad the ref was etc, floyd was just to good for ricky.

Well said

I do feel that Mayweather underestimated Hatton, I can't believe how many punches Hatton took and he didn't even blink ! At the end of the day though he just couldn't get stuck in early enough and by the 6th round he looked tired.

Incredible atmosphere though, I was fooking buzzing watching it, I had been to see the Artic Monkeys earlier and the whole crowd were chanting for Hatton, better luck next time Hatton
Old 09-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Brasso
Advanced PassionFord User

How do you beat someone whos that special defensively!?

I thought Hatton could do it but he was over eager and only really stood a chance to the body IMO but he didnt get his bodywork going.

Cortez was a twat to begin with which frustrated Hatton, them early rounds were his chance at getting to him.

At the end of the day he got sparked. I only hope he doesnt try anything above light welter again cus he just cant hack it.

hatton is now a very rich man.

A junior Witter fight would be good now thought I feel Hatton is done. .

Got to respect Mayweathers skill but I just dont find that type of fighter interesting. I still think Oscar beat him.

Even in deafeat the fans still loved him.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
FastFordChris

I think alot of people forgot just how good mayweather is, with all the hype around hatton, all we've seen for the past few years is hatton distorying anyone in his way and to the casual boxing fan they would hardly know who mayweather is seeing as he's never fought outside the states.

but the fact is hes wont tittles in 5 different weight divisions and is unbeaten. Granted if anyone could of beaten him i would of tipped it to be hatton but i guess last night proved he wasn't ready for a maywether fight.

the sad thing is, that if hatton wanted to prove himself as the very best last night was his chance, as if anyone wants to be taken seriously on the boxing world stage u have to go to the states and win by KO as u'll never win on points over there.
Mayweathers got nothing to prove so why would he want a rematch? not unless the money was silly i cant see it happening.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just think Mayweather totally outclassed Hatton from round 1 onwards.

It reminded me of when Naseem Hamed came up against Barerra.

Ricky is a great fighter but I just dont think he is in the same league as Mayweather and De la Hoya etc etc
Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
OvaBoost

Originally Posted by FastFordChris
Mayweathers got nothing to prove so why would he want a rematch? not unless the money was silly i cant see it happening.
He mentioned he wanted to fight in England..who else could he fight here other then hatton?

I've got my fingers crossed for a rematch but i doubt it will happen
Old 09-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Ricky was good but as Ricky was getting tired, Mayweather used that to his ability, he hit Ricky hard a few times, but Ricky came back with a few good punchs but he wasnt good enough on the night

still a shit hot fighter

Cant wait for the next one
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Brasso

rematch = same result unfortunatly.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:59 PM
dangerbrian

Originally Posted by Barry R
hatton COULD of taken him
what
Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
dangerbrian

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
i agree with you fiddy
Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Watched the fight, gutted that Ricky lost, Mayweather was being an akward cunt and Ricky was coming forward and getting caught constantly on the counter punches

Fuck Mayweather lets hope someone shoots the cunt

Luciano
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by charlie luciano

Mayweather won yesterday because he was the best fighter on the night.
Hide behind excuses about the ref, etc, but that won't do anything apart from make you look a cunt.
I could not tell you how much i wanted ricky to win, and properly fuck mayweather up, but that's just the way it goes.

Anyway, ricky went out, gave it his all, thats all he could do, hes still an amzing fighter in most peoples eyes.
James
Old 09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Cozzie Bhoy

Mayweather was in a different league. Was hoping Hatton would do the business. Don't think there will be a re match. If it went the distance maybe but it would just be more of the same..
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im surprised so many thought hatton would actually win,if you followed boxing it was so obvious that mayweather would do exactly what he did ie take hatton apart round by round

the difference in class was just embarrassing
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hatton lost the fight in the build up, he let Mayweather wind him up, and instead of being calculated he let his emotions take over, thus making it easier for Mayweather to pick him apart.
Credit to Hatton for going up a weight to fight the best, but was simply beaten by the better man on the night, still Ł10m for 1 bad day at the office aint bad i suppose
Old 09-12-2007, 10:57 PM
stonehavencossie

Glad theres a lot of people talking sense now.

I said all along hatton had no chance and as people have already said people were getting caught up in the hype and forgetting how good mayweather is.

I also think mayweather is not as bad as people make out and he was a true gentleman on his thoughts about the uk fans and ricky himself after the fight. Despite being flattened in interviews ive seen today ricky has been struggling to give maywaether the credit he deserves and seems very bitter.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mayweathers a boxer

hattons a brawler
Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Badman38

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Hatton

Originally Posted by baker p
Been in the pub today arguing with lads about the fight...

A few of them are saying the ref decided the fight.....

Bollox you klunts , i told em.

I think hattons a great fighter but Mayweather is greater,, end of.

If they fought again with a different ref it would be the same outcome.
ref spoiled the fight but hatton did'nt fight to his normal standard hardly any body shots delivered at different angles, hands too low as he was coming in and he was'nt moving his head enough, against someone as fast as mayweather you have to block most of his punches as you come in hatton was'nt blocking or moving his head...
mayweather showed me as well as being a master boxer he can also fight he is more natural at the weight and it showed he out hustled hatton builled him then just out classed him,but i think hatton could of applied himself better.
after the second round i said to myself hatton is fighting the wrong fight.

sean
Old 10-12-2007, 05:55 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Watched the fight, gutted that Ricky lost, Mayweather was being an akward cunt and Ricky was coming forward and getting caught constantly on the counter punches

Luciano
Old 10-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by smitsturbo
mayweathers a boxer

hattons a brawler
BOLLOCKS

Ricky is a decent Boxer technically and has shown in his previous fights.

Unfortunately Mayweather really is one of the all time greats

Ricky had no hope of out boxing Mayweather so his TACTICS for that fight were to make the fight into a brawl...

As Aduz and me both said before.... Ricky would get murdered. I was surprised he did as well as he did. Showed alot of heart and Mayweather knew he was in a fight and produced what I thought was a perfect performance.

Mayweather was even better than I thought. Defensively amazing. Fighting inside was topclass.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Were you at the fight Porkie ? Atmosphere was incredible just watching it on the tv
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
rst deany

Originally Posted by markyd3
I just think Mayweather totally outclassed Hatton from round 1 onwards.

It reminded me of when Naseem Hamed came up against Barerra.

Ricky is a great fighter but I just dont think he is in the same league as Mayweather and De la Hoya etc etc

The same as what i tought mayweather and de la hoya differant league. hatton is a light welta not got the power to be any heaver.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:06 PM
gkandr4ch

Well it was better than the Amir Khan fight - 72 seconds from start to finish. What a waste of money a ticket for that fight would have been.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hatton was stopped in the early rounds doing his work inside as the ref was far to quick to seperate them. Ricky made basic mistakes on the night and you cant make mistakes against Mayweather. Ricky doesnt look that good at welterweight and could have done with another fight at this weight before fighting Mayweather. The Ref didnt change the outcome but the point deduction was stupid.

I would like to see Calzaghe fight Hopkins but I dont know if Joe will be as good at Light Heavyweight and should try and get a fight at this weight first.

Amir Khan's opponents are all hand picked and he could easily go the way of Naseem if the quality of these fighters stays the same. He learnt nothing from that fight and the only fella he has fought with a bit of class is the boy that knocked him down. Lets not forget Khan is only one weight below Hatton's usual and if he wants the big fights will have to step up. Ricky Hatton was almost in tears at the end of his interview, because he thought he let his fans down. This is a lesson Amir Khan needs to learn and quickly as he is starting to become cocky in and out of the ring.