General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Exhaust popping on the overun...how?

Search this Thread

Old 25-11-2007, 03:48 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust popping on the overun...how?

Hi guys,

I really like the sound of exhausts popping on the overun and was wondering if it was possible to make mine do that also. I have no clue as to how this is achieved but I know how and why exhausts may pop on the overun. Does this occur due to the car's map or is it dependant on what exhaust you have?

I don't mean mad popping and banging but would love the sound of just a bit of pop pop pop pop when slowing down

My car is a focus 1.8 with a full piper exhaust system, decat and st170 manifold, bluefin remap and K&N.

I remember a friend of mine who had a fiesta rs turbo and originally he had a mongoose exhaust system which sounded quite refined. Then he went and got the scorpion exhaust. Same sort of noise but was much more rumbly/burbled really nicely and omg would pop on the overun every time and really nicely too! No flames just popping.

My car at the moment does do it a little but for example if I rev to about 2.5k it will pop a couple of times on the way down. If I rev to 4k it won't pop until the revs reach 2.5k and then again give a couple of pops.

Just wondering if I can do anything to get a little more pop

Thanks