General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

C'mon Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Hank Moody
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dovboy
Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
Iain Mac

So let me get this right you hate the english because the press cover the england stuff more than the scotish stuff?

Loads of lodgic there
logic with a d,not much logic there
should be two 'T's in scottish aswell tut tut the queen would be so dissapointed
Old 18-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your about as funny as aids
Old 18-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Hank Moody

Your about as funny as aids
did you not watch south park last nite?
Old 18-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

terreto

I cant stand south park, whats that got to do with anything though?
Old 18-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alps, where did I even hint that I hate the English?

I won't support England because when you win anything (and even when you don't) we never hear the end of it.

And if you won't support us, it really doesn't matter, so don't worry about it.
Old 18-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain Mac

Nobody is asking or wanting you to support england, you said you wont support england because of the press correct? the press aint the english people or the teams are they so that makes no sense to me.

I just cant understand why the scots hate the english so much when the reality is that if you go back a few generations were a mix anyway

As for the press thing do the english press bring up wars and battles from the 1300's when scotland loose at rugby, do they fuck because 1 its sad as fuck and 2 its not relevent
Old 19-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The thing is though all the papers up there are completly differnet to the english papers and when i said that to the lads at work they didnt believe me even though the scotish daily star was full of scotish news with NO english news. They then said ye but the main boss's are english so its biased and still english as the producers english, ye i'm sure the top english boss was well chuffed of having a full sports section taking the piss out of england loosing
Old 19-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Matt J

All you mention is BBC, dont you get any other channels up there then on ya wind up tellys?
Well, apart from the fact that a Scotsman invented the telly, we do get other channels but when the output is decided on by England (It's a "Reserved Matter" under devolution) and we can't watch our home team in action without going to Sky, you shouldn't wonder why we get pissed off.

Imagine if your team was in a crucial match and your TV allowed you to watch us play someone else of no interest to you, with highlights of your game at 10.30pm, and seriously tell me you wouldn't feel the same.

And when the commentators talk about "England this" and "England that" and "1966" during every match, including the ones you aren't even in, it's best to watch with the sound off, at least until the first mention of "England winning/having won the World Cup", when we can hand the sweepstake money over to the lucky winner and get on with the footie.

You may not even notice it, but tune in to the next England match then come back here and tell me I'm wrong.
Old 19-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain Mac

I dont understand what your saying, are you saying that during every scottish match the commentators talk about england and 66? and that you cant get scottish match's on tv up there bacause they put the england match's on instead?
Old 19-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Whenever we get a match with English commentators that's exactly what happens, regardless of who is playing. Sometimes, if it is a Scottish game they actually choose to broadcast with a Scottish commentary team and that can be like a breath of fresh air.

And in the last Euro 2008 qualifier when England and Scotland were playing simultaneously, guess which match we got on TV? (I'll give you a clue it started with E and ended with ngland!) Our match coverage was highlights later that night.

Now do you begin to understand? France wouldn't take their news and sport coverage from Holland, Germany or England, but we are forced to.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain Mac

Every scottish match i watched had scotish commentator and i watch 90% of them with no mention of 66 or england at all.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Like I said, it's not so much the Scottish matches (because we don't get to see that many and they often have at least a token Scot on the commentary panel!) but English commentators on any match, even those that England aren't playing in, ALWAYS bring in England somehow, and usually 1966.

Why? In what way is that relevant to the understanding of the game being played?

Anyway, I've had enough fun and now I'm off to work. I'm sure I'll catch up on this again later, though.
Old 19-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain Mac

You talk about england going on when it doesnt concern them about games they aint even playing in yes?

Isnt that exactly what scotland do every time england play buy going out and buying the oppositions shirts and plastering it all over the papers when england loose?
Old 19-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I honestly don't think I've ever read anything slagging England off for losing in a Scottish paper (except maybe some light-hearted banter like we've been enjoying on here) but even if they did, you need to realise the difference between a Scottish paper selling almost exclusively in Scotland to a domestic market, and an organisation that is supposed to represent the entire nation, like the BBC.

I've just been on their website and was pleasantly surprised (but feel bad for you, because I know what it's like) to learn that the Beeb aren't showing your Croatia match either - so maybe I am getting a wee bit paranoid.

The simple fact is that the BBC news and sport is so biased towards England that the Westminster government have commissioned an inquiry. Remember, that is the same Government who refused to allow a Scottish news broadcast in charge of our national and international coverage, so we get to hear all about England and their cricket, rugby and football endeavours, and might then get a footnote about our own if we are lucky.

We have between 9% and 10% of the UKs licence payers up here, yet the BBC spends less than 3% of its budget north of the border, and the Commonwealth games incident just highlights how low down their priorities we actually are.
Old 19-11-2007, 11:06 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Iain Mac

In all honesty nothing much exciting ever happens up here hence its not worth covering.

Simple fact is either good or bad there is a lot more going on in england !
Old 19-11-2007, 11:41 AM
AndyBrew

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
yet the BBC spends less than 3% of its budget north of the border
what about "Taggart"
Old 19-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What about the "scottish bafters" where it was an award show purely for scottish actors and films, do we have the english bafters do we fuck why because we aint got a chip on our shoulders and aint paranoid about other countrys thinking there better than us.

I could totally understand your point about supporting anyone but england IF the english press slagged scotland off but all you seem to be bothered about is england going on about 66 that piss's you off, so fuck if they do go on about 66 it was a victory for the english so why cant they comment on it? Its not like there on tv saying "we won in 66 scotland are wank etc etc etc"
Old 19-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain Mac

Plus talking about 1 sided arguments lol, your blatently lying or walk round with your eye closed if you think the papers were not gloating about englands defeat against south africa, they were even sad enough to mention some battle from 1314 HOW FUCKING SAD IS THAT
Old 19-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Taggart is an ITV show.

I didn't say the English press slagged Scotland off about sport, but have a read about the whining over the Barnett Formula, West Lothian question etc etc etc and tell me they aren't slagging us off there. And they do go on about 1966 to the exclusion of anything else.

I didn't watch any coverage of the rugby (pointless game for big guys with odd shaped balls) but the reply showed he was in touch when he went over.

Let's stop now, though, because we aren't going to agree.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain Mac

I just cant understand the mentality of the scots wanting the engish to loose at EVERYTHING, all you seem to say is 66 this 66 that but even if the english go on about it at every opertunaty(which i think they dont) what does it piss the scots off for? Like i said if they were slagging scotland off whilst saying about 66 or if it was scotland who they beat in the 66 final then i could understand why the scots would get pissed off. Its as relevent to the eskimo's getting pissed off with us for going on about 66 as it is the scots.

Imo you need a better reason to want us to loose at everything than just 66 and no sports coverage.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well I'm calling this a day and to finish I've included something I just got from my sister who works in the Civil Service - it shows the fact that we can still laugh at ourselves, even if a lot of the stereo types are outdated.

COMMONWEALTH GAMES
Many of the famous events which go to make up this spectacular event are to be specially altered for 2014. A copy of these changes has been leaked, and is reproduced below.

OPENING CEREMONY
The flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native of Ferguslie Park, in the traditional dress of balaclava and a Burberry shell suit. The flame will be contained in a large overturned police van situated on the roof of the stadium.

THE EVENTS
In previous Commonwealth Games, Scotland's competitors have not been particularly successful. In order to redress the balance, some of the events have been altered slightly to the advantage of local athletes.

100 METRES SPRINT
Competitors will have to hold a DVD player and microwave oven (one in each arm) and on the sound of the starting pistol, a police dog will be released from a cage 10 yards behind the athletes.

110 METRES HURDLES
As above but with added obstacles (i.e. car bonnets, hedges, garden fences, Walls etc)

HAMMER
Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to use (claw, sledge etc) the winner will be the one who can cause the most physical damage within three attempts.

FENCING
This event shall be sponsored by Cash Converters who shall also provide the hardware. The contest itself shall be based outside Kebab shops in Baillieston, Riddrie, Drumpchapel, and Easterhouse....the winner shall be the one who can leave A & E first.

SHOOTING
A strong challenge is expected from local men in this event. The first target will be a moving police van. In the second round, competitors will aim at a post office clerk, bank teller or Securicor-style wages delivery man. The traditional .22 rifle has been replaced in this event by a choice of either a Browning automatic handgun or sawn-off 12-bore shotgun.

BOXING
Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband and wife teams, and will take place on a Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pints of lager while the wife will be told not to make him any tea when he gets home. The bout will then commence.

CYCLING TIME TRIALS
Competitors will be asked to break into the Glasgow University bike shed and take an expensive mountain bike owned by some mummy's boy on his first trip away from home. All against the clock.

CYCLING PURSUIT
As above, but the bike will be owned by a visiting member of the Australian rugby team, who will witness the theft.

MODERN PENTATHLON
Amended to include mugging, breaking and entering, flashing, joyriding, under-age drinking and arson.

SWIMMING EVENTS
All waterways are currently being tested for toxicity levels, once one is found that can support human life, swimming events will be organised, please note that the Synchronised Swimming event for this year will comprise of dropping acid and watching all the funky ripples on the pool, the specific musical support to this event will be provided by "Belle & Sebastian".

THE MARATHON
A safe route has yet to be decided.

MEN'S 50KM WALK
Unfortunately this will have to be cancelled, as the police cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of Glasgow, especially anyone that appears to be mincing ...

THE CLOSING CEREMONY
Entertainment will include formation rave dancing by members of the Govan Health in the Community anti-drug campaigners, synchronised rock throwing, and music by the Dennistoun community choir. The flame will be extinguished by police riot water cannon following the inevitable pitch invasion by confused old firm fans.

The stadium itself will then be boarded up before the local athletes break into it and remove all the copper piping and the central heating boiler.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Is that for real?
Old 19-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Hank Moody

Is that for real?

Old 19-11-2007, 03:45 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love nothing better than to saw the country donwn the middle and let england float away.
Old 19-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

rabmc

Why?

I really am interested to know why the scots think the english are so bad.
Old 19-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Crowder

its all the moaning about the free kick thats pissing me off! saying the ref was shite etc... was the scotland goal not offside? what goes around comes around. they over achieved where as imo with the players england have we are under achieving at present.

Come on England this wednesday!

Crowds.
Old 19-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rabmc
Would love nothing better than to saw the country donwn the middle and let england float away.
I'd prefer it if they sunk to be honest Rab?
Old 19-11-2007, 04:31 PM
AndyBrew

Originally Posted by Coldo
I'd prefer it if they sunk to be honest Rab?
everyone shut the fuck up for crying out loud
Old 19-11-2007, 04:32 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Scotland was very unlucky
Old 19-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Mark_w

Originally Posted by doggpk
Scotland was very unlucky
Lucky i would say,their goal was offside

regards mark
Old 20-11-2007, 02:57 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

This evening the BBC (that's the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation) gave another good example in their news coverage. We got 30 seconds coverage and no interviews, but England who hadn't even played got minutes of coverage including a press conference with the coach, David Milliband thanking Isreal for their help, and a review of the upcoming match.

It may be BBC as in British you little worm but we all know its English. As said WE have to fly the union jack and go under British tag and even have to accept Gordon Brown saying he will back pumping "British" into the Premier league when its fucking English not Scottish or anything else. Will you be increasing English into the shitty SPL? No didn't think so.

Be greatful for what you've got. Peasant.
Old 20-11-2007, 03:00 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Down the middle? You have the lesser bit, the smaller bit. Down the middle implies you have half, bollocks.

By the way i thought you said you weren't posting any more? Silly Scotts and them trying to play big at OUR game.

Did you not realise you are OUT? NO Euro for you so fuck off. Jealous cunt.
Old 20-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by skeg

Down the middle? You have the lesser bit, the smaller bit. Down the middle implies you have half, bollocks.

By the way i thought you said you weren't posting any more? Silly Scotts and them trying to play big at OUR game.

Did you not realise you are OUT? NO Euro for you so fuck off. Jealous cunt.
We have one the League 16 times,not 9.
I always think that you started watching football in 1993.Are you a JCL ???
Old 20-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This evening the BBC (that's the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation) gave another good example in their news coverage. We got 30 seconds coverage and no interviews, but England who hadn't even played got minutes of coverage including a press conference with the coach, David Milliband thanking Isreal for their help, and a review of the upcoming match.

It may be BBC as in British you little worm but we all know its English. As said WE have to fly the union jack and go under British tag and even have to accept Gordon Brown saying he will back pumping "British" into the Premier league when its fucking English not Scottish or anything else. Will you be increasing English into the shitty SPL? No didn't think so.

I think that is the most unpleasant thing I've had said about me on here, and I won't bother climbing down in your sandpit, but I hope you don't have cause to regret that comment to Rabmc after your Croatia game.

You are right on only one point, it is the English Broadcasting Corporation.

The rest of your post is wildly inaccurate:
I am not little, or a worm, or a peasant
The flag you fly is the Union Flag (unless you are on board a ship, when it becomes the Jack)
Until we are independent there isn't a lot to be grateful for.

As for landmass - we have 34% and England has 56%. We also have a fraction of the population to draw our talent from, so I'd say we do rather well for our size.

Maybe you would like to start a thread on Great English Inventions? Don't worry, it won't take long! We, on the other hand, barely know where to start, with TV, tarmacadam, the pneumatic tyre, the Macpherson strut, the telephone, the fax machine, the Macintosh system for waterproofing cloth, golf...

And finally, I don't give a toss who plays in the Premiership whether north or south of the border - they are all overpaid and should go and get a real job.
Old 20-11-2007, 08:50 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Be greatful for what you've got. Peasant. [/quote]

this is getting very boring now but if you want to know why we hate the english the above statement makes my case,we have been on the receiving end of shitehawk attitudes like this for years,although expecting an englishman to understand this will be impossible as you have not lived it.
Old 20-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Mark_w

I think that is the most unpleasant thing I've had said about me on here, and I won't bother climbing down in your sandpit, but I hope you don't have cause to regret that comment to Rabmc after your Croatia game.

You are right on only one point, it is the English Broadcasting Corporation.

The rest of your post is wildly inaccurate:
I am not little, or a worm, or a peasant
The flag you fly is the Union Flag (unless you are on board a ship, when it becomes the Jack)
Until we are independent there isn't a lot to be grateful for.

As for landmass - we have 34% and England has 56%. We also have a fraction of the population to draw our talent from, so I'd say we do rather well for our size.

Maybe you would like to start a thread on Great English Inventions? Don't worry, it won't take long! We, on the other hand, barely know where to start, with TV, tarmacadam, the pneumatic tyre, the Macpherson strut, the telephone, the fax machine, the Macintosh system for waterproofing cloth, golf...

And finally, I don't give a toss who plays in the Premiership whether north or south of the border - they are all overpaid and should go and get a real job.
Well said
Old 21-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Mark_w

BTTT for the scots to remind them to get behind the English tonight,so we have a team from GB in the euros

mark
Old 21-11-2007, 05:57 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skeg you spotty arsed coont !

I SWEAR IF CROATIA WIN TONIGHT I WILL BE DOING THE NANI BOMB ALRIGHT !! >>> EYE THE POONANI BOMB !!

And the bit about middle of country !! whatever ! yous have the bit that floods and far too over crowded for its own good !

We have the best scenery in the world !! the best bit cheese nob !!

Love every bit about scotland! even the bad bits !
Old 21-11-2007, 06:17 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Skeg you spotty arsed coont !

I SWEAR IF CROATIA WIN TONIGHT I WILL BE DOING THE NANI BOMB ALRIGHT !! >>> EYE THE POONANI BOMB !!

Wouldn't have it any other way mate.

Quick Reply: C'mon Scotland