General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

don`t women suck! RANT TIME

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you can't sell the houe to your "mate" for a £1

it will be sold, if it needs to be sold at "the going rate" which is fair and reasonable

otherwise you will be doubly fucked when it coems to the mortgage, how else do you think you are going to be able to repay that sum of money?

it's a nice idea but don't bother, it's going to cause you more grief than it's worth

and why aren't you staying at the house? did she kick youout? or did you move out on your own? because that's somethng else you will have to factor into the problems as well as the fact that she will now claim the house as hers (probably)
in which case she would have to buy you out
but she won't be able to afford to do that
so the house will get sold
with you both splitting the money
Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

turn the tables the other way around and shack up with someone who earns all the dough while you stay at home and play in the garage
Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
as the fact that she will now claim the house as hers (probably)
:

Your talking crap mate

I've been through it all, get a good solicitor and be prepared to go back through your bank statements to prove what you paid. You wont have to give her half and you should be able to keep the house with a bit of luck altho you will have to get her to agree to a payment of some sort.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FUCK paying for the house and letting her stay there without you!!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by banhambuilt
thing is i need to sell the cars to carry on paying the mortgate,a grand a month and i aint even living there
selling them means i ain`t spending my wages to keep a roof over her head.
i left because i was playing away,was with her 10 years so in the eyes of the law we were married without the paperwork.luckily we never had any children (i have 1 with someone else and that has put me off having anymore)
Sell me your RS200 for a quid, and I will sell it back to you for a quid when the divorce is over! See her get her fucking hands on it then!

JJ
Old 09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
RAT8OY
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Mate,

There are SO many pieces of very bad information/advice here.

Please, please get yourself some decent legal advice. You are currently being told a load of crap.

Dont let the bitch get away with this!!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
:

Your talking crap mate

I've been through it all, get a good solicitor and be prepared to go back through your bank statements to prove what you paid. You wont have to give her half and you should be able to keep the house with a bit of luck altho you will have to get her to agree to a payment of some sort.
the quotes been taken out of context
if he's moved out because he thought it was the best thing to do then she's living in the house and he's not
much better for her in that position if she wants to claim the house or claims that he can afford to live somewhere else and still fork out payments if it comes to splitting the profits

the guy i bought my house from went through the same thing and ended up having to sell the house as she wanted half of it and he couldn't afford to buy her out and we heard the whole sorry tale of how he's spent all his money on the house and stuff and the upkeep etc but now she had gone all religious she wanted him out as it wuold have meant he couldn't afford to buy a house with half the share whereas she could, seeing as she'd saved all her money and let him spend all of his
etc
etc
Old 09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

:

Your talking crap mate

the quotes been taken out of context
if he's moved out because he thought it was the best thing to do then she's living in the house and he's not
much better for her in that position if she wants to claim the house or claims that he can afford to live somewhere else and still fork out payments if it comes to splitting the profits

the guy i bought my house from went through the same thing and ended up having to sell the house as she wanted half of it and he couldn't afford to buy her out and we heard the whole sorry tale of how he's spent all his money on the house and stuff and the upkeep etc but now she had gone all religious she wanted him out as it wuold have meant he couldn't afford to buy a house with half the share whereas she could, seeing as she'd saved all her money and let him spend all of his
etc
etc
Please explain by what legal process she can 'claim' the house off him regardless of where he's living?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Treen
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I'm sure the term "common law wife/husband" no longer exsists. (common law meaning you have been living together as husband and wife for x amount of years)

I also thought that she could only have a claim on the house if she proved she contributed to the mortgage, bills, upkeep etc. If she hasn't worked and you have footed all the bills then surely she gets nothing?

The pension thing also only comes into force if you were married.

As others have said.. see another solicitor because it seems yours is talkin utter shyte.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
dojj

Please explain by what legal process she can 'claim' the house off him regardless of where he's living?
i'm in no way qualified to explain how the previuos oners of the house got themselves to the position where they had to sell etc as all i'm going on is what the bloke said

and, as she wasn't living in the house at the time but he was, he had to buy her share of the house to carry on living there, he couldn't afford it so the house was sold and split 50/50

in our mans position it seems that even though she hasn't actually contributed to the cost of the house, as the person living there, she will be able to claim that she resides there and, by kicking her out, she will be homeless etc when she has no intentions of moving and this will worm its way around to the old "i'll buy you out" clause and as she won't be able to afford to , the house will be slipt 50/50, which is not what our man wishes to happen, hence the original question of "did you move out or were you kicked out or did you decide that it was too dangerous to be living in the same area as the current ex mrs

so he's left with either selling stuff to pay the mortgage and getting fucked
selling the house and possibly getting fucked
defualting ont he mortgage and getting even more fucked, but she'd get just as fucked as he was

so, in the end, he's going to get fucked, it's just how hard and if she's going to be invovled as a willing participant or not
Old 09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
dojj

also, as i've just remembered, there is something where you can request the house be sold rather than sell it to the other partner, even if the decided they are going to buy it from you in a roundabout sort of way
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...g_together.htm

Financial arrangements at the end of a relationship

At the end of a relationship, both parents are responsible for supporting their children financially regardless of where the children will live. The father is equally responsible even if he stops living with the mother and even if he is not named on the child's birth certificate. It doesn't matter whether he has got parental responsibility or not. He can be contacted by the Child Support Agency for financial support. For more information about parental responsibility, see under heading Children at the end of your relationship.

Neither you or your partner has a duty to maintain the other at the end of a relationship if you were not married or in a civil partnership. Financial arrangements can be arranged:

by agreement
through the Child Support Agency
through the courts.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
dojj

but they ain't got no kids
Old 11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It's this line I was getting at, I just left the rest in cos I was to lazy to delete it.
Neither you or your partner has a duty to maintain the other at the end of a relationship if you were not married or in a civil partnership.