General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

crashed my car at the ring

Search this Thread

Old 31-10-2007, 04:36 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
The ususal line has always been "not covered on derestricted one way toll roads" or something along those lines, but the ring actually has a speed limit in places so that doesnt apply as far as im aware.
I very much doubt that would wash with the insurer though. The vast majority of the circuit's length is derestricted, and I certainly wouldn't hold much hope of arguing my case should I find myself in a car/armco interface out there!!

Dan
Old 31-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
The ususal line has always been "not covered on derestricted one way toll roads" or something along those lines, but the ring actually has a speed limit in places so that doesnt apply as far as im aware.
I very much doubt that would wash with the insurer though. The vast majority of the circuit's length is derestricted, and I certainly wouldn't hold much hope of arguing my case should I find myself in a car/armco interface out there!!

Dan

think you will find hes ACTUALLY CRASHED THERE and hes tested the theory !!!!
Old 31-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

Dan

You are TOTALLY missing the point Dan.

With regards to the insurers 3rd party liability, its up to them to prove under german law they arent liable, and they are NOT going to manage that as it IS classed as a road wether UK insurers like it or not, and they have a legal obligation to honour claims there.

The fully comp half of your policy you may struggle with (although personally I had no problems claiming from my totally normal insurance company on my standard green card) but the third party (ie the important bit!) of your insurance is VERY valid over there.

I spoke to the officials and they have NEVER failed to recover damages from ANY uk insurer.
Old 31-10-2007, 05:02 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Steady on Chip.

I'm not disputing that you've had a smack at the 'ring and claimed the cash back. Nor was I refering to the third party aspect.

The discussion (as I interpreted it) was getting cover for your car, which to me would imply cover that would fix your car if you smash it up.

I do know one bloke who had his claim refused due to his policy wording, hence my comments. To be honest I don't know if he tried to claim for just his car, or the car and armco and track closure etc.

You've obviously had a different experience.

Dan
Old 31-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry mate, didnt realise you were on about the fully comp side of it

I think I probably got lucky on that one TBH, wouldnt like to try it many times.

My advice to people is unless they can afford to "lose" their car if it gets crashed and the insurers wont pay out, is that they should take SPECIFIED ring insurance out or not go at all.

I fell into the "can afford to lose the car" category.