General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

question to all body builders on here !!

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2007, 08:53 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a body needs to have strength in all ares to be afective in my opinion ,its like haveing a fast car on little thin tires if you dont train legs you dont have the same stability for the oversized upper frame , i dont do it for looks just strength
at the mo im benching 90k for 3 sets of 8 whitch isnt bad seen as though i aint a big lad
Old 30-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will that make a difference ???

hes doing dead lifts for hes lower back,,,, he aint into legs though just wants a big chest/ back/ shoulders

hes arms are just from hes training as he aint into biceps if that makes sence but they just are fucking huge with no effort almost,, same with hes fore arms,,, they almost square from the elbow half way down then goes skinny then to hes small hands ( they aint small but they look it when you see the rest of hes arms,,,,, yes i love taking the piss)

oh and the missus calls him chicken legs,,,, cause when she seen em she almost passed out with laughing

btw hes got problems with hes feet that he does physio with as he cant run for long ect or do squats on a step as he gets pains

now about my straight as a ruler, vertical back
Old 30-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by jacko
a body needs to have strength in all ares to be afective in my opinion ,its like haveing a fast car on little thin tires if you dont train legs you dont have the same stability for the oversized upper frame , i dont do it for looks just strength
at the mo im benching 90k for 3 sets of 8 whitch isnt bad seen as though i aint a big lad
i find that doing 8 means i can do more sets,,, the 8th one burns with me then more hurst like fuck

and i take 140 tramadol pills per month
Old 30-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Your full body will NEVER grow properly if you dont train all muscle groups.... Get started on the legs ginge....
Old 30-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

my legs are fine thanks

ive always had big legs as i used to push big gears when i used to race mountain bikes,,,, hes the one with the problem
Old 30-10-2007, 09:02 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
Nice deadlifting there Steve, my best was 250kg but that was 10 years and 3 stones of extra muscle ago.

Ginge - he's struggling to get to 17 stone but has 22 inch arms?? - is the first 4 inches missing off the tape measure or does he have chicken legs
funny you should say that paul,,,,,,, no joke but he aint actually got big legs and i aint taking the piss either

cheers for the help and advice though,,,,, see a post on a subject you know about and the INSTANT reply is not offer some help but attempt to talk down cause you dont belive ??

if you read the thread you might understand what i was talking about,,,, its not hes struggling with 55 and then cant do 60,, its he can do 100 of 55 in sets starting of 15,,,, but cant do 10 with 60 which IS strange

btw we aint into the whole body building thing like you, we dont bother with legs or squats as we are working on areas we find of interest

bit like asking why you own a CSL when you could buy a family car for shopping and taking the kid about

its called personal choice i guess

dont supose you could actually give some help/advice to based on your years of going gym ect that could help, seriously would appriciate it
Are you actually talking about 55kg free weight dumbells here, ie 55kg in each hand and doing 100 reps in sets of 15??

If so, how can you say he's not 'into it' he must be to be doing things like that. That's immense as far as I'm concerned.

Also it's a strange way of doing things with that amount of reps. For strength training it's pretty popular to do a 5x5 heavy routine based around the 3 main compounds.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:04 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i only have small rests mate then go onto another exercise straight away cos i beleve that you cant substitute so you have to do like for like work , cos im going to start cage fighting i need strength and stamoner so i cant aford to waste energy by doing more reps that will just tone me up , a bloke i know called eddy elwood told me i needed to do one lift on each exercise as heavy as i can then do 75% of that lift for 3sets of 8 to get strength results ,heavier with less reps for size lighter with more reps for defanition

if your mate wants to lift more tell him to take a week of and then he will (and ill put cash on this )be able to do it when he goes back
Old 30-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by jameswrx
Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
Nice deadlifting there Steve, my best was 250kg but that was 10 years and 3 stones of extra muscle ago.

Ginge - he's struggling to get to 17 stone but has 22 inch arms?? - is the first 4 inches missing off the tape measure or does he have chicken legs
funny you should say that paul,,,,,,, no joke but he aint actually got big legs and i aint taking the piss either

cheers for the help and advice though,,,,, see a post on a subject you know about and the INSTANT reply is not offer some help but attempt to talk down cause you dont belive ??

if you read the thread you might understand what i was talking about,,,, its not hes struggling with 55 and then cant do 60,, its he can do 100 of 55 in sets starting of 15,,,, but cant do 10 with 60 which IS strange

btw we aint into the whole body building thing like you, we dont bother with legs or squats as we are working on areas we find of interest

bit like asking why you own a CSL when you could buy a family car for shopping and taking the kid about

its called personal choice i guess

dont supose you could actually give some help/advice to based on your years of going gym ect that could help, seriously would appriciate it
Are you actually talking about 55kg free weight dumbells here, ie 55kg in each hand and doing 100 reps in sets of 15??

If so, how can you say he's not 'into it' he must be to be doing things like that. That's immense as far as I'm concerned.

Also it's a strange way of doing things with that amount of reps. For strength training it's pretty popular to do a 5x5 heavy routine based around the 3 main compounds.

wtf,,, 55 dumbells,,,,,, no mate

im talking about benching 3 plates on the BAR bell

the biggest dumbell in my gym is 38kgs BUT we are getting 42's due to us moaning about it

though im still only JUST curling 18's and doing flys with 36's tops
Old 30-10-2007, 10:08 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: question to all body builders on here !!

a pall of mine who i go gym with has a issue hes been trying to get over

he cant seem to get past 60kg each side on the press,,,,
What do you mean here then?

And Rad replied with

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
So he's benching 140kg? Why the fuck do you need to go beyond that unless he's competing
And you replied to him with normal comment so I presumed you were talking about 60kg each arm.. hence why I asked.
Old 30-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

we all have a ceiling point where our body can't do no more naturally,well thats what i believe and have found out by expreience.
Maybe your friend should do a few weeks using heavy dumbells instead of the bar....it takes far more control lifting dumbells properly and has always helped me when i have gone back on the bar.
Although like someone already mentioned before,if your not competing...why would you want to lift more....all it will do in time is fuck up your jonts and your asking for a shoulder injury etc
Old 30-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

its a pass time, cheeper than drugs and safer than a affair

james i get where you was confused with,,,, but i did mention the limit of the 38kg dumbells

robski, 38 is the max on dumbells meaning that its less than 140 weight of bar

we are trying a new idea, just wanted advice off people as i know paul egg has been training for a few months

he KNOWS hes stuff about it aswell as a few others,,,, so its like asking stu " when i fitted a bleed valve to a erst the engine seems to melt"

or asking SiB whats the best way to break a cossie

its the basics for him if that makes sence and he could tell me where im going wrong