General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: fav one??
black
25.77%
white
31.96%
blue
42.27%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

nows the time to buy a 500

Search this Thread

Old 31-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A certain element of them want to bloody well grow up and act like adults.

Unfortunately mud sticks and most people will remember the moaning and arguing more than they will the nicer people who own RS500s and don't give a FF if the car is stamped up or down.
Old 31-10-2007, 12:38 PM
ross_x
Regular Contributor

Neil

Dont let it put you off mate, there arent many people more passionate about fords than you, it would be a shame if true 500 enthusiasts like yourself that would be a credit to the marque are put off by this.

p.s - what did you think of that pretty little evo 6 then?! There cool arent they!
Old 31-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ross_x
Neil

Dont let it put you off mate, there arent many people more passionate about fords than you, it would be a shame if true 500 enthusiasts like yourself that would be a credit to the marque are put off by this.

p.s - what did you think of that pretty little evo 6 then?! There cool arent they!
i will see what the future holds mate.i know there are good 500 owners out there.ive met a few,paul(nrth york is a top bloke, obviously you and gary(gaf) is one of my best mates so i know it aint all bad but its just depressing when the odd one or two have to try and belittle the scene.

as for gary's evo.well yes it is a stunning car and drives very very well but i couldnt own it over a shonky old ford. im blue blooded mate.you know that.its the background and character of a car thats important to me and the rs's hav always had my attention even when i went jap and french
Old 31-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
A certain element of them want to bloody well grow up and act like adults.

Unfortunately mud sticks and most people will remember the moaning and arguing more than they will the nicer people who own RS500s and don't give a FF if the car is stamped up or down.
to true.its like working in a shop.my boss seems to forget the good people that praise us,but always has the moaning cunts in his memory.
bad news always travels and sticks in memeory better.

if we sell something and it goes wrong people come back swearing its shit etc,but you never get the customer coming back in saying"thats a great bit of kit thanks"
Old 31-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Karting
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS 500 Reg
Thats a funny question from you Wayne

So you would have been intrested in buying this shell to build up into a car again, thus making this car a RESHELL with numbers stamped up ,,yet you keep saying that all cars reshelled have the numbers stamped down ,,this then proves by your own reply that it is also possible that a car with stamped up numbers could also possibly be a reshell

So how on earth do you come to the conclusion that all stamped down cars are reshell when infact it is almost impossible to tell either way unless a cars history is know 100% from new , and also shows that up or down doesnt mean a cars history is perfect or at the same time , not perfect

.................................................. .................................................. ....
I don’t believe a perfect car exists. Documents can be forged, the same as a vehicle identities can be replicated. However there is a fundamental difference between a RESHELL & a Rebuild. The rebuild retains the ORIGINAL shell. The quality of a rebuild not only relies on the standard of workmanship but also the number of outsourced parts required to return the vehicle back to as near original quality as possible. IMHO, The issue with RESHELLS not being the same quality/standard as ORIGINAL cars relies on these quantities. Yes the work that Tickford did to the shell can be replicated but to what standard or level of assurance/accuracy ? but I would have more trust, piece of mind & faith in Tickfords’ works more than that of an unqualified person. On some RESHELLS the shell modifications are not even present & replacement parts used to replace broken or damaged items may even be 2nd hand.
Now, are you going to tell me a car that is not 100% ORIGINAL should be valued the same as a car that is “AS ORIGINALLY MANUFACTURED “?
If you are then I question your INTEGRITY , KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL STANDARDS.
Old 31-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Karting
Originally Posted by RS 500 Reg
Thats a funny question from you Wayne

So you would have been intrested in buying this shell to build up into a car again, thus making this car a RESHELL with numbers stamped up ,,yet you keep saying that all cars reshelled have the numbers stamped down ,,this then proves by your own reply that it is also possible that a car with stamped up numbers could also possibly be a reshell

So how on earth do you come to the conclusion that all stamped down cars are reshell when infact it is almost impossible to tell either way unless a cars history is know 100% from new , and also shows that up or down doesnt mean a cars history is perfect or at the same time , not perfect

.................................................. .................................................. ....
I don’t believe a perfect car exists. Documents can be forged, the same as a vehicle identities can be replicated. However there is a fundamental difference between a RESHELL & a Rebuild. The rebuild retains the ORIGINAL shell. The quality of a rebuild not only relies on the standard of workmanship but also the number of outsourced parts required to return the vehicle back to as near original quality as possible. IMHO, The issue with RESHELLS not being the same quality/standard as ORIGINAL cars relies on these quantities. Yes the work that Tickford did to the shell can be replicated but to what standard or level of assurance/accuracy ? but I would have more trust, piece of mind & faith in Tickfords’ works more than that of an unqualified person. On some RESHELLS the shell modifications are not even present & replacement parts used to replace broken or damaged items may even be 2nd hand.
Now, are you going to tell me a car that is not 100% ORIGINAL should be valued the same as a car that is “AS ORIGINALLY MANUFACTURED “?
If you are then I question your INTEGRITY , KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL STANDARDS.
Wayne

Am i missing somthing here

what is that total shite you have posted , and please explain where it is relevant in this post ?????
Old 31-10-2007, 09:00 PM
ross_x
Regular Contributor

Paul

Its completely irrelevant why he has posted only he knows. You have done a great job this year and i have only heard positive things about what you have achieved for the RS500 (through some hard times).

All the 500 owners i have met have said the same thing and you have the full support of the real 500 enthusiasts. Looking forwards to next year and meeting up with you, darren, andy, sean and all the other guys that made me so welcome this year.

Ross
Old 31-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Paul

Its completely irrelevant why he has posted only he knows. You have done a great job this year and i have only heard positive things about what you have achieved for the RS500 (through some hard times).

All the 500 owners i have met have said the same thing and you have the full support of the real 500 enthusiasts. Looking forwards to next year and meeting up with you, darren, andy, sean and all the other guys that made me so welcome this year.

Ross
Hi Ross

Im glad you have had a great year like the rest of us

Next year will be just as good mate , even if the silly people are still about

In 2008 we will just do the same as in 2007 and enjoy our cars and each others company no matter how hard some try to spoil it for us

Look forward to catching up with you again soon Pal
Old 31-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Paul

Ross
Hi Ross

In 2008 we will just do the same as in 2007 and enjoy our cars and each others company no matter how hard some try to spoil it for us

can i join in?i'll borrow gary's moonstone minter
Old 31-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Bullett
Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Paul

Ross
Hi Ross

can i join in?i'll borrow gary's moonstone minter
Hell yes
Old 31-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

i pinched the evo for a while.so i reckon he will trust me with his baby.anyway i will be the one who cleans it for him soon.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:41 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i want the moonstone blue one
Old 01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
esccosben

Default 500

Originally Posted by Bullett
i pinched the evo for a while.so i reckon he will trust me with his baby.anyway i will be the one who cleans it for him soon.
your a named driver on his insurance so you can drive his evo,r34skyline or any of his 500's any time you want to he will be looking for drivers to take them to all the shows next year anyway.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:37 PM
ross_x
Regular Contributor

Neil, you really have to do that!

How many 500s does he have?!!

Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Neil, you really have to do that!

How many 500s does he have?!!

didnt realise i was on there for more than the two weeks i had the evo
gary you shouldve said.we will cough up for the cash

ROSS. its nice to be trusted with the cars he has.gary was impressed with the way the evo went back looking.but they didnt like the fact they have to keep it clean now

the 500's? think thats a mis-type but i will get my cleaning gear on the under bonnet of the "statue" as his moonstone minter is known. she's not minging but just needs some tlc.