General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

modified exhaust ban as of 2008

Search this Thread

Old 22-10-2007 | 04:10 PM
littleknocks
PassionFord Regular

Default modified exhaust ban as of 2008

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...w-1073149.html

Old 22-10-2007 | 04:15 PM
rsnutters1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

reposteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=297446
Old 22-10-2007 | 04:15 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Piece of piss to have silencer valves etc fitted to quiet em down for testing etc, so even IF they put some DB limit on em, it will be easy to get away with, they cant test your car unless they pull you.

They wont ban non-standard exhausts entirely.
Old 22-10-2007 | 04:29 PM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Who cares - thats Ireland aint it??
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:07 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

its EU... so it affects us aswell...

but it wont come into affect, as it is so hard to police... how can you create a law that cannot be policed?

a little tip if you de have to quickly quieten your exhaust - throw some wire wool up your exhaust
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:18 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

The Automobile Association (AA) says, however, that there should be no blanket ban on modified exhausts unless it is shown they affect safety, or air or noise pollution.
Why dont people read whats written there!

I'll personally look forward to it" Noisy little cunts! You can here them for miles too, thats not because they are quick, it's because they are so load and so fucking slow it take ages for the noise the dissapear!
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:22 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Dan
The Automobile Association (AA) says, however, that there should be no blanket ban on modified exhausts unless it is shown they affect safety, or air or noise pollution.

I'll personally look forward to it" Noisy little cunts! You can here them for miles too, thats not because they are quick, it's because they are so load and so fucking slow it take ages for the noise the dissapear!
So you think just cause the AA says so things will or wont become law?

Last time I checked they wernt in charge.

Either way, it wont be an issue as much as people think (ie they wont just ban all aftermarket systems), but on the other hand it will affect most cars on here if it does come in to effect (ie the DB limit will be higher than most cars on here i bet, so extra boxes etc will need to be fitted).
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:23 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

Originally Posted by Dan

a blanket ban would mean no aftermarket exhaust sytems full stop... not just your boy racer back boxes...
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:43 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

errr rs turbos only have 1 box as standard so how can they tell me to put more boxes om my stainless as its the same as standard
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:43 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Stavros
Originally Posted by Dan

So you think just cause the AA says so things will or wont become law?

Last time I checked they wernt in charge.

Either way, it wont be an issue as much as people think (ie they wont just ban all aftermarket systems), but on the other hand it will affect most cars on here if it does come in to effect (ie the DB limit will be higher than most cars on here i bet, so extra boxes etc will need to be fitted).
I read it Steve, and it says 'should' I know there not in charge smart ass!

Mr Series 1 will get raped I reckon, but the Saph should be fine, aint that noisy at all!

I think your right and agree anyway mate, a DB limit will suffice over a ban, but then this is England!
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:50 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Dan- My point was you said "Why dont people read whats written there" quoting the AA, like it matters a toss what the AA think.

Originally Posted by gaz s1
errr rs turbos only have 1 box as standard so how can they tell me to put more boxes om my stainless as its the same as standard
Your telling me your aftermarket S1 exhaust is the same volume as standard? Is it fuck, but it could be with a bigger silencer, or more than 1.