General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

omg...just bought a Merc..pic page 3!

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2007 | 08:52 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

COOOOOOOOOOOOONT
Old 19-10-2007 | 08:58 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Advanced PassionFord User

Awesome cars, and you can take the traction control off fully. My mate works for Merc and was saying you can put them into rolling rd mode which fully turns it off apparantly.
Old 19-10-2007 | 09:00 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Yes, but only whilst connected up to their diagnostic computer, NOT by pressing buttons on the dash .
Old 19-10-2007 | 09:13 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Yes, but only whilst connected up to their diagnostic computer, NOT by pressing buttons on the dash .
No he said you can do it on the dash if you know what your doing
Old 19-10-2007 | 09:15 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Well there must be some secret code sequence that you have to go through, but it's certainly not listed in the owners manual.... .
Old 19-10-2007 | 09:19 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Well there must be some secret code sequence that you have to go through, but it's certainly not listed in the owners manual.... .

Yep, he got taught it on one of the courses he went on with Merc . They even said theres no real reason for them to be taught how do it, as theyd' never need to turn it off. But showed them any way.
Old 19-10-2007 | 09:28 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

EsCosRacer good info

can you tell me where you got it from please, as we are always testing cars with ESP on our dyno and need to switch off the ESP but usually do it by disconnecting the ABS module which can throw up a fault that doesn't aways get reset
Old 19-10-2007 | 09:56 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Awesome car and Boy, what a noise under load from the exhasuts.

Cracking car Phil.
Old 19-10-2007 | 10:37 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Cool cars, very quick in a straight line
Im reading between the lines here and would say that your trying to say it wont go round corners ???

If im correct then your talking complete and utter bollocks " as usuall"

Have you ever driven one ??

Oh, and if i am wrong and have just jumped the gun then ,,well im not sorry

Yes ive driven one, and you're kind of correct in reading between the lines, I wouldnt go as far as to say "it doesnt go round corners" as they arent actually that bad consiering the size of them but if you stack it up against other performance cars for similar money, its more competitive against them in a straight line than it is through the bends, porche 911turbo for example, the merc will keep with them in a straight line but wouldnt touch one on the bends.

Cool car, just not intended for trackdays etc, far more about straight line performance which it does very well
Old 19-10-2007 | 10:51 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

EsCosRacer thanks
Old 19-10-2007 | 10:55 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

pics please..........NOW
Old 19-10-2007 | 01:40 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

a very nice purchase indeed!

watch you dont blow the welds on the intake, and as my mam says "you wont get there any faster you know" lol

Old 19-10-2007 | 02:33 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by EsCosRacer
heres how it works :

How to Enable Dyno Mode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how. To start, turn the ignition key to the first accessory position, making sure the dash display shows the odometer. The SRS airbag light should be on. Press the trip odometer reset button three times rapidly before it goes off. If you do this right, a screen will appear showing a voltmeter. Then press the "up" arrow on the left side of the wheel twice to take you to the "ESP dynamometer test" screen. Using the plus (+) button on the right side of the wheel, select "on." And then start the car. Warnings will appear informing you that the ESP, ABS, and BAS (brake assist) aids are now turned off and you're on your own.
If you did it right, you've put the car in a mode intended for diagnostic testing on a rolling dynamometer—all electronic supervision is unplugged. Unhindered by techno-aids, the SLK's grip on the skidpad improved by 0.03 g compared with simply hitting the ESP switch on the dash. To return all the safety technology, scroll back to the dyno test screen and select "w/t. 15 off" with the minus (-) button. Shutting off all the electronic aids isn't easy, and that should tell you something. Owners are not generally privy to the dynamometer mode; therefore, we will continue to publish test numbers attained with the dashboard ESP switch turned off.

have fun phil

I think you've killed the cunt, he aint been back....
Old 19-10-2007 | 02:47 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

very cool car phil get some pics up
and chip comparing it to a 911 can you go round the ring 5 up in a 911?? totally different cars imo.maybe compare agains simalar cars like m5s or audi rs's and theres probably not much in it
Old 19-10-2007 | 02:53 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Nice one Philis...
Old 19-10-2007 | 02:53 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Daviet
and chip comparing it to a 911 can you go round the ring 5 up in a 911?? totally different cars imo.maybe compare agains simalar cars like m5s or audi rs's and theres probably not much in it
I agree, wasnt slagging it off at all, I simply mentioned the thing it was best at and then paul spat his dummy for some reason and started questioning me, which was the only reason I mentioned it.

Cracking cars, would possibly have one myself if I could afford it, which at 1,000 miles or so a week currently I definately cant.

Want slagging it off at all, as I think its a great choice of car
Old 19-10-2007 | 03:09 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

jungleistmassiv AFPMSL! Just spat coke everywhere. Imagine how he would feel!
Old 19-10-2007 | 03:16 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Bosch Boast
omg...just bought a Merc
I bought a butty from the bakers but i with-held the urge to make a post about it,
Get over it, I did
Old 19-10-2007 | 03:16 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I agree, wasnt slagging it off at all, I simply mentioned the thing it was best at and then paul spat his dummy for some reason and started questioning me, which was the only reason I mentioned it.

Cracking cars, would possibly have one myself if I could afford it, which at 1,000 miles or so a week currently I definately cant.

I QUESTIONED YOU CHIP , SIMPLY BECAUSE AS USUALL YOU CANT JUST SAY " GREAT CAR " TO SOMONE , you have to try and fault it in some way as tho to show everyone that AGAIN there is nothing you cant fault as your the guru on everything

And when i drove a brand new one that a friend bought i would say it will hold its own against just about anything in its price range
Old 19-10-2007 | 03:23 PM
Chip

I QUESTIONED YOU CHIP , SIMPLY BECAUSE AS USUALL YOU CANT JUST SAY " GREAT CAR " TO SOMONE , you have to try and fault it in some way as tho to show everyone that AGAIN there is nothing you cant fault as your the guru on everything

And when i drove a brand new one that a friend bought i would say it will hold its own against just about anything in its price range
What a load of bollocks, I did TOTALLY the opposite, instead of post
"They dont corner very well" I posted about the cars best feature, its straight line speed, I was looking at it from a totally positive angle.

Just goes to show how shit the internet is at communication (or what a tool you are) if you read it totally the opposite way!

As ive said a few times in this thread, I really like them, I cant really think of a better motorway muncher in fact, especially after coming back from the ring this weekend in a SL55 with the same engine, its just perfect for that sort of use.
Old 19-10-2007 | 03:32 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Chip

you talk SHIT , you were saying it didnt go round corners and now because i have pulled you up on it your trying to twist it like you always do when somone has a go back at you

And if you want to call me a tool wait till your next stood in front of me before you say it

Now run along and find yet another post to show how good you are
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:07 PM
Chip

North Yorks, If you dont want to be thought of as a tool then dont act like one by putting words into other peoples mouths.

Im a big fan of those Mercs as it happens, so ive no idea why you are so determined to try and present me as otherwise when ive said no such thing.
I like them a lot but Im not going to post that its some awesome handling pin sharp sports car just cause thats what you want to hear, its not at all, its basically a big luxury cruiser, a very fucking fast one that manages to get round corners fairly well despite its size etc, but the only thing they are truely great at is straight line speed (200+ potentially in fact like Phil mentions) so thats what I posted as its the truth.
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:21 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Default Re: omg...just bought a Merc

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer

....Rod this is a 200mph PRODUCTION car mate

Not at Brunters it aint even a 700bhp one only managed 191 there, compared to mine its like a slug on Diazapan.
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:23 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

North Yorks, If you dont want to be thought of as a tool then dont act like one by putting words into other peoples mouths.

Im a big fan of those Mercs as it happens, so ive no idea why you are so determined to try and present me as otherwise when ive said no such thing.
I like them a lot but Im not going to post that its some awesome handling pin sharp sports car just cause thats what you want to hear, its not at all, its basically a big luxury cruiser, a very fucking fast one that manages to get round corners fairly well despite its size etc, but the only thing they are truely great at is straight line speed (200+ potentially in fact like Phil mentions) so thats what I posted as its the truth.
Chip

Im not a tool ,,or a person who hasnt even got the balls to stand and defend what he said rather than twist it

you constantly have diggs at people and there cars on here and try to show just how much you know and how good you are and to be honest there is no wonder that people may take what you say the wrong way

Anyway , I must dash as im going out for my tea now as i have other things to do that chat with certain fools on here

Reply as you wish ,,I dont give a shit
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:27 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED

Chip,
Dont upset the traders as this site is nothing without them
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:37 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: omg...just bought a Merc

..amg e55 kompressor...500bhp ..books state 476bhp but thats only because the SL55 amg cost 100k has the same engine so for the lessor model merc had to say less bhp!!!!!.Same torque.

..damn its FAST .oh and the active seats ..when you corner so you dont fall out the seat whichever side blows up ..not to mention the massageing

..i dont wish to brag but this is brutal..oh and it has 8 pot front brakes and 380mm discs

....Rod this is a 200mph PRODUCTION car mate
Glad to hear that you saw the light and actually bought a proper one this time

JJ
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:49 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To add, my friend with his AMG55 SL very kindly allowed me to take her for a run round the Ring a couple of times. His benefits from a slight tickly in the engine department, bringing the power up to about 580 odd BHP.

Of all the things mentioned, I would observe that it actually holds its own in the bends very well against all but the likes of the porsches. I was mega impressed with this more than anything else.

As far as the TC is concerned - unless it has the AMG optional LSD, I dont see the point in fully disengaging it, as the car relies on the electronics to compensate for the lack of LSDs - so if Mercs elecs do the job so well, and the mechanical bits aint there - what would be the point? genuine question.

I was well impressed with the SL, which allowed me to post a sub 9 minute BTG with absolutely no effort at all, and that dont happen in a car that dont go round bends!

JJ
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:50 PM
Chip

Chip

Im not a tool ,,or a person who hasnt even got the balls to stand and defend what he said rather than twist it
You really are being a tool, whatever you say to the contrary.
Seriously, you are now saying I should defend something that you thought I might have meant, but as I never actually said it in the first place why the fuck would I feel the need to defend it
All I said before you started trying to make things up you thought I also meant was:

"Cool cars, very quick in a straight line"

The whole reason being I was looking at the BEST aspect of the car, not looking for the worst like you are trying to twist it into. (ironic that its you accusing me of twisting things )

If he bought an Elise I would have said
"Fun cars, very quick through the twisties" or similar

As thats the best thing about those cars, I wouldnt have bothered commenting about their lack of top speed performance as that isnt what they are about, and so likewise I didnt comment on the Merc's inability to match an elise though corners as thats not what people buy those Mercs for either, they buy them for the straight line grunt and comfort.

So of course im not going to try and defend what the voices in your head told you I really meant but didnt actually say

you constantly have diggs at people and there cars on here and try to show just how much you know and how good you are and to be honest there is no wonder that people may take what you say the wrong way
I frequently comment on how nice cars are on here as well, so ive no idea where you got that idea from.
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:55 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
To add, my friend with his AMG55 SL very kindly allowed me to take her for a run round the Ring a couple of times. His benefits from a slight tickly in the engine department, bringing the power up to about 580 odd BHP.

Of all the things mentioned, I would observe that it actually holds its own in the bends very well against all comers but the likes of the porsches. I was mega impressed with this more than anything else.

As far as the TC is concerned - unless it has the AMG optional LSD, I dont see the point in fully disengaging it, as the car relies on the electronics to compensate for the lack of LSDs - so if Mercs elecs do the job so well, and the mechanical bits aint there - what would be the point? genuine question.

I was well impressed with the SL, which allowed me to post a sub 9 minute BTG with absolutely no effort at all, and that dont happen in a car that dont go round bends!

JJ

JJ, before you wax lyrical about the handling of the SL for too long, you are aware that its not actually one of those that Phil has bought?
But instead its an E55 AMG which is a different (although related of course) chassis?

Old 19-10-2007 | 04:57 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Astonishingly, I can still read, yes chip ! ROFOL

Even so, the two cars share enough for the comparison to be relevant.

JJ
Old 19-10-2007 | 04:59 PM
Chip

Astonishingly, I can still read, yes chip ! ROFOL

Even so, the two cars share enough for the comparison to be relevant.

JJ
Agreed, as I mentioned, they are related, just wasnt sure if you got the wrong end of the stick, as there seems to be a lot of that about in this thread
Old 19-10-2007 | 05:01 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL

Agree with that - Not that you want to get into it of course, but if you did, the below would probably emphasise your assessment.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/carg..._v_bmw_m5.html

JJ
Old 19-10-2007 | 05:08 PM
Chip

LOL

Agree with that - Not that you want to get into it of course, but if you did, the below would probably emphasise your assessment.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/carg..._v_bmw_m5.html

JJ

Mate, dont mention that, Paul got upset enough just at the hint that the merc was better in a straight line than round corners, if he reads that review he is likely to end up in tears
Old 19-10-2007 | 05:11 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We'll keep it between us then !

JJ
Old 19-10-2007 | 05:19 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

..wow its awesome...still trying to learn all the settings ...its a very advanced car!

..anyway just a quick picture...
Old 19-10-2007 | 05:22 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

..wow its awesome...still trying to learn all the settings ...its a very advanced car!

..anyway just a quick picture...
Knowing how these threads usually go on here I really can't be fucked to read all this crap

That is a lovey car Phil, I like them in silver, nice one mate!

Quick Reply: omg...just bought a Merc..pic page 3!