General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ROOOOOOOOOOONEY !!

Search this Thread

Old 17-10-2007, 03:38 PM
AndyBlackFRST
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROOOOOOOOOOONEY !!

Scored for England.

England 1 - Russia 0
Old 17-10-2007, 03:44 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

keep a clean sheat robbo you howler and we've qualified!
Old 17-10-2007, 03:59 PM
OrionRST200bhp
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 17-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Great, rushed home to watch the 2nd half and its only on a fucking channel I don't have
Old 17-10-2007, 04:27 PM
GiRO
Care Free.......

cuntovski
Old 17-10-2007, 04:30 PM
sters1986
BANNED
BANNED

Old 17-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol surprise surprise we've buckled!!

Trending Topics

Old 17-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Gutted for you lads.

I'm sure you can find a way back into the game
Old 17-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

ffs doing well i see
Old 17-10-2007, 04:48 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

They have a game in hand so we're out surely? If Russia win all 3 theres nothing we can do.
Old 17-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Unlucky fellas....

If your lucky results will go your way and you can still qualify.
Old 17-10-2007, 04:53 PM
carfixz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

your keeper is a liability,

bet you never thought you'd hear that from a scotsman

just need to hope other teams do you a favour now
Old 17-10-2007, 04:53 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 17-10-2007, 04:54 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes 2-1 to the russians and lets wait for all the excuses to start pouring in. We train on that same astro turf surface and played a match 2 weeks ago and its fantastic. Excellent service for pass and move teams.
Old 17-10-2007, 04:55 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The country that invented football won't even be there how mad is that!! Looks like i'll be cheering Scotland on as its not even in our own hands any more.

Bye McClown bye. Gutless cunt.
Old 17-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Diseasel
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Out of ideas and out of Euro 2008
Old 17-10-2007, 04:56 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 17-10-2007, 04:58 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Only caught the last 20 minutes, just seemed they wanted it more than us!
Old 17-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

the summer will be crap now, not like we would have won it but would be nice to be in the comp
Old 17-10-2007, 05:08 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
The team that invented football won't even be there how mad is that!! Looks like i'll be cheering Scotland on as its not even in our own hands any more.

McClaren is only part of the problem. Him and venables should never have been appointed your managers, old crowd favourite Terry is a letch that talks a good game and is probably a great after dinner speaker!

English football is stale and the problem starts with your boys teams. There are to many clowns running boys teams in England that dont have the first clue about tactics and how the game should be played and only teach the lads to hit a long ball so the big lad up front can get on it and score. The object is winning and not learning for some of these coach's and I can speak from experience that winning does not mean you learn.

The young lads finsih with the boys clubs and get signed to the league clubs and have to be re-trained at 16yrs old again on how to play the game properly and thus lack behind nations such as Germany, Holland, Italy, SPain, France and Portugal to name a few. They have proper coaching academies in these places and the French have very good one.

Even at some English league clubs where coach's are paid to do a job there are some right idiots coaching and havent the first clue.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:14 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Mclaren is a fookin joke.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:16 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tonyk
The team that invented football won't even be there how mad is that!! Looks like i'll be cheering Scotland on as its not even in our own hands any more.

McClaren is only part of the problem. Him and venables should never have been appointed your managers, old crowd favourite Terry is a letch that talks a good game and is probably a great after dinner speaker!

English football is stale and the problem starts with your boys teams. There are to many clowns running boys teams in England that dont have the first clue about tactics and how the game should be played and only teach the lads to hit a long ball so the big lad up front can get on it and score. The object is winning and not learning for some of these coach's and I can speak from experience that winning does not mean you learn.

The young lads finsih with the boys clubs and get signed to the league clubs and have to be re-trained at 16yrs old again on how to play the game properly and thus lack behind nations such as Germany, Holland, Italy, SPain, France and Portugal to name a few. They have proper coaching academies in these places and the French have very good one.

Even at some English league clubs where coach's are paid to do a job there are some right idiots coaching and havent the first clue.

Can you back this up?
Old 17-10-2007, 05:18 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Wins in Israel and Andorra next month would take Russia through, even if England defeat Croatia on 21 November.

the only hope we have is israel helping us out and us wacking croatia
Old 17-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

A lot of English clubs have top quality, 'proper' academies with excellent coaches and coaching facilities too.

only teach the lads to hit a long ball so the big lad up front can get on it and score
Not all teams have a 'big lad' up front, so that theory is out of the window.

The blame can be apportioned solely to McClown afaiac.... he had Boro playing boring, uninventive football and now has the England team playing the same way. He is inept and clueless and how he got the job as England manager is beyond me.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:40 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Can you back this up?
Which part?

If you mean in relation to the Foreign academies. The french have a fantastic academy at clairefontaine which opened about 1990 and obviously the boys that came through it went on to win a world cup in 1998, Euro Championship and another world cup final again just recently with all players coming through this academy.

I have personaly been to sparta prague with my team and spent a week there learning from there coach's and played to games against there boys side. We are hoping to go out on another trip this year to Barcelona to train at the Academy for a week.

I have played numerous teams from England and Scotland including Man Utd and down to the saturday morning boys team. Man Utd Coach before the game, at Half time and then after the whistle. The boys teams usually have some nutcase screaming and shouting on to the pictch and then giving them a bollocking when things dont go right. Though they cant tell them why there are going wrong.

If you mean back my own qualifications up, I am educated to uefa B standard, going on to finish Uefa A licence and am a full member of the English FA Coaching Association whom I have taken various other qualifications such at Fitness for Football, Match Analysis etc..

At my club to teach up to 13 yrs old you need a Uefa B Licence and 14yrs and up is Uefa A licence. We look to also take a more active role in the development of players by offering nutruitonal advice, home training programs as well. It take time, maybe 10+ yrs to implement this as its not a change that works overnight, not all boys will want to receive this inforamtion.

I am not dissing England but offering an opinion on why I think things are bleak, I like to see england win but there style of play is boring. They have there academy at Lilleshall but with the 1 and half hour travel rule not all boys have access to this. If you have further questions please ask and I will try to answer.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:46 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop

A lot of English clubs have top quality, 'proper' academies with excellent coaches and coaching facilities too.

only teach the lads to hit a long ball so the big lad up front can get on it and score
Not all teams have a 'big lad' up front, so that theory is out of the window.

The blame can be apportioned solely to McClown afaiac.... he had Boro playing boring, uninventive football and now has the England team playing the same way. He is inept and clueless and how he got the job as England manager is beyond me.
I mean the Saturday morning boys teams and not the League sides. I think McClaren is a good coach but wouldnt have him as England Manager.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:49 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He got the job because of his nationality yet he was arguably the worst of the bunch, who knows maybe the UEFA cup final help but i'd rather have had Sam etc. After Sven everyone wanted English.

McClown is too soft i mean he calls Gerrard "Stevie G" FFS!!!

Brian Clough at Forrest called Roy keane "the irishman" and had him call him "mr Clough" thats the difference. Steve McClown lacks balls. Always has. How can you expect him to drop big superstars.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:59 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Skeg, here is a question for you.

1.Do you think Sven was a terrible manager?
2. What do you think he has acheived so far at Man City this season.
Old 17-10-2007, 06:08 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Skeg, here is a question for you.

1.Do you think Sven was a terrible manager?
2. What do you think he has achieved so far at Man City this season.
His record speaks for itself at club level but lots has been said about him a country level. Hes always been more of a statistician/observer than full on manager that's his way.

At city this season? Its hard to tell as they've had a new owner injecting new money they've never had before so like Liverpool, Chelski, Villa, west ham you'd expect a reaction but sure i think hes a good manager. But when someone takes Theo to the World cup, Rooney and Owen who were injured many would question him. I think he has a wealth of knowledge football wise but not sure if he can inspire or lead. Again he lacks balls.
Old 17-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Disappointing
Old 17-10-2007, 06:28 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

AAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAHHAAHHAA your shit
Old 17-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

wont be watching next years tournament then if England dont qulify.. Just not the same..

FFS.. I cant believe that there is a good chance we are not through...
Old 17-10-2007, 06:54 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Westy
wont be watching next years tournament then if England dont qulify.. Just not the same..

FFS.. I cant believe that there is a good chance we are not through...

A good chance? Lol its almost certainty,
Old 17-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hahaa good one

and the best part is that scotland are loosing too
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY]

Last edited by Ryan_3; 07-09-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 17-10-2007, 07:15 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah, never fail to dissapoint do we?? same old gutless performance, no urgency, no heart, no desire, no commitment, no idea ... we didn't string together 5 passes all game, just the old lump it up and chase it ..... where was the width we had the last few games, where were the overlapping runs from the defenders, why was no-one in the box? ...... The worst thing is not one of the players really seemed bothered, there was no closing down, just sitting back and letting them play..Didn't work as a unit, massive gap between the forwards and the midfield, players not tracking back....

Awful. We deserved to loose, why do we score 1 goal then sit back and let them attack us? Mclown should never have had the job, at least big sam has a bit of passion and drive.
Old 18-10-2007, 08:30 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

why was rooney playing left back anyway?

so who is going to be the next manager after mclown is sacked in november?

last time the names in the hat were scolari, curbishley, pardew, alerdyce

alerdyce and scolari wont be doing it now, and the other 2 proved they were crap last season.

any chance venables will take over temporary and then maybe get kept on permanent?
Old 18-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by percybigun
any chance venables will take over temporary and then maybe get kept on permanent?
Hope not
Old 18-10-2007, 08:56 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i'm not sure if Tez would have what it takes now, its 10 years since he done proper management!

but i'd rather they have him than another half-assed appointment like Mclaren who didnt have much experience. bearing in mind southgate will probably be getting sacked in november/december time, lets hope the FA dont pick another Boro cast-off poor manager
Old 18-10-2007, 11:37 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Jose Mourinho is your man to get England back on track. He will take interest at every level of the team as he done at Chelsea and though his football is not the nicest to watch he will get results.
Old 18-10-2007, 11:45 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i saw morinho on a TV interview a couple of years ago saying he wants to be england manager at some time in the future, but i got the impression he meant not for a long time. he said in the same interview he wants to be portugal manager at some point too.