General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

cosie going on rollers tues 23 oct anything i need to know ?

Search this Thread

Old 17-10-2007 | 03:42 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

It screws directly into the inlet plenum using the dump valve vacuum take-off pipe, using an original Ford fitting (supplied), and the dump valve pipe then fits back on .

Old 17-10-2007 | 04:47 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

ive got my secs so il sit in the car and keep an eye on acts and boost
Old 17-10-2007 | 05:09 PM
mk1 chris
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by dingy
Originally Posted by foreigneRS
Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ
the rolling road operator will be watching out for the necessary data and problems
the rolling road operator rarely pays any attention to ACTs - they are usally reading temperature from the sensor that they place by the air filter (whatever use they think it will do there on a turbocharged car)
Give bogus results

Your car was run just like everyone else - funny all of a sudden you have a low figure and blame it on our dyno!

If the power was there it would have been displayed it for all to see!

Are you saying our Dyno is giving bogus results?
Old 17-10-2007 | 06:43 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

tell me this chris - if the engine speed reading was only half of what it should be, what would you see in terms of power?

as we know, the dyno measures torque at the wheels at multiplies it by speed to give power. so if the speed is wrong, the power will be wrong.

i'm not saying that the engine speed was not measured correctly, but it's one possibility to explain steve's apparent different power curve
Old 17-10-2007 | 06:49 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ
you can buy and fit your own simple accurate act gauge mike r sells them

i've got one off Mike, and its spot on, compared to a calibrated temp gauge, and reads the same as my Sec's monitor (both sensors in boost pipe before throttle so no heat soak), and is perfect for reading speeds.

Things that should always be monitored on a dyno accurately,

AFR,
Boost,
RPM,
ACT,
Det,
Water and oil temp.
Old 18-10-2007 | 08:00 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Chris@torque of the devil

Your car was run just like everyone else - funny all of a sudden you have a low figure and blame it on our dyno!

At the time i didn't notice the low peak power - what wasn't displayed for all to see was the actual ACT's - if they were say around 50+ then my peak power @ 6800 is explained. I know for a fact that the peak power of my engine is 1000 rpm higher than this. Can you explain this ?

I am not saying it gives bogus results but the temp difference from both the sensors seems a bit wrong to me.
Old 18-10-2007 | 08:02 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Steve,
You need to ask Chris, as I was GUESSING at the reason why your peak would be different.

However, unles you know how Noble's obtained their rpm reading compared to how TOTD obtained theirs, it could be that the Noble reading is the incorrect one . You need to establish this to enable criticism to be directed in the right place .
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLING
Old 18-10-2007 | 12:55 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I thought you had a good intercooler . Mine only sees 38°C on APT's rollers at 1.6 bar (as close as I can get to your boost figure) and makes 355bhp @ the wheels at this boost level. Given the similarity with fan outputs, I would say that this isn't the source of the problem regarding peak power.

Ask Chris how he obtained your rpm reading as I WASN'T THERE TO SEE, so my "guess" may be completely and utterly wrong!

I personally think that the peak power will be at 7k (so TOTDs is only 200rpm off) and that the peak of 7.8k is the spurious reading. But that is MY OPINION.
Old 18-10-2007 | 05:24 PM
mk1 chris
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Dingy
At the time i didn't notice the low peak power - what wasn't displayed for all to see was the actual ACT's - if they were say around 50+ then my peak power @ 6800 is explained. I know for a fact that the peak power of my engine is 1000 rpm higher than this. Can you explain this ?

I am not saying it gives bogus results but the temp difference from both the sensors seems a bit wrong to me.
Old 18-10-2007 | 06:10 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dingy
Originally Posted by Chris@torque of the devil

So why wasn't your ACT's checked whilst you were trying to sort the low figures on the last runs?

Do You have a ECU monitor still?
Old 21-10-2007 | 06:51 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

so im gonna watch my secs for acts and boost gauge. cant plug in to there set up as its set up for a mini ecu

anything else anyone ?
Old 22-10-2007 | 06:39 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

im hoping for 450 fly bhp as ive been told il loose 2 psi of boost on the rollers
whats everyone else reckon ?