General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I know it's not a Ford but...

Search this Thread

Old 15-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I know it's not a Ford but...

Don't know if anyone can help but last night I moved my M3 Evo convertible (99 T) onto the drive from the road to wash it. After washing it (outside only) with a Karcher pressure washer it now doesn't start. All the lights on the dash come on as normal and the engine cranks over but doesn't fire up. I tried it again this morning and it fired up for a split second and then cut out again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be and how to fix it please?

Thanks very much
Fi
Old 15-10-2007, 03:26 PM
jawanne
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the plugs off one by one and spay wd40 on them the ones like crank sencer and that and make sure theres no water in your air flow
Old 15-10-2007, 03:51 PM
badboy rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the exact same thing with mine mate, water has most probably gone into your ecu and has killed it.
Old 15-10-2007, 04:12 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Was the car stone cold and then run for a few seconds to move it then switched off???? If it was that'll be your problem, you've "bore washed" it and I has low compression thus not starting..... Take all 6 plugs out and squirt a little engine oil down each bore and leave for a few minutes put a new set of plugs (or the old 1's but make 100% sure they are dry and free from oil/fuel etc) in and she'll start, seen it a few times before on a few different cars. It will smoke for a bit whilst the oil in bores burns off. Take it for a run and should be 100% next time round.

Steve