General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

SELLING COSWORTHS WTF!!! PEOPLE ARE MAD!

Search this Thread

Old 13-10-2007, 12:14 PM
CDZ1609

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELLING COSWORTHS WTF!!! PEOPLE ARE MAD!

hi guys,
i dont know whats going on but ive recently been trying to sell my amazing saffy and ive had nothing but messers , i checked out what they are going for and i priced her similarly plus ive got about 2k spares plus her private 'cozi' plate and ive had no real interest from nice people, perhaps im being too picky but i dont want some f*t hairy chav buying her and burning holes in the leather and flattenning the seats! and ranting her to death when ive spent 10 years and all my money keeping her mechanically chipper-you'd bl*ody well think someone normal would spot a bargain/something to make concours again-when they saw one??? , just had to have a rant because i know if i wanted to buy a similar car finding a low mileage car whith similar history for under 6-7k would be IMPOSSIBLE!

SO WHAT THE FLAMING HELLS GOING ON???
Old 13-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you advertised on this site.?

And put up some pics
Old 13-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All in my opinion of course

First off.

Where do you get 2k for your CDZ number plate from?
Personally I think they look shite.

Secondly-
who cares who buys the car as long as you get the money??? You state you're selling the car to buy a new car so obviously need the money for that.... and if you're really not in need of the money drop the price and then vet the owner - if you feel you must. Come to think of it how would you decide if the new owner was good enough or not- whats your criteria????????

Thirdly.
PICS?

Fourth.
If you've got 2k's worth of parts and a 2k number plate. Sell them seperatly and drop the price of the car accordingly. You never know you might make more money

Fifth and final for now...
Why state the car needs a respray. Its extreeeeemly off putting and doesn't exactly shout to me 69k miles ex concours winning car.
Also why not let the potential buyer make their opinion of that.
I for one wouldn't be buying a 6k Saphire cosworth that needed a respray... in fact I wouldn't at all unless the car was cheap.

And in case you're wondering- yes I am the sort of person who has in the past brought Saphire cosworths for "proper" money so feel I am at least resonably qualified to make these comments.

And - You asked so if you dont like it dont make posts like this!
Old 13-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

For sale adds

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...light=#4215324

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...light=#4157425
Old 13-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw whats the 2k of spares,, cause if its like your 2k irish plate then that would be another reason why

oh and do the trophys come with the car that it won just 2 years ago but now needs a respray

old sierra needing respray tells me its got rust issues tbh

and you aint even added a price i dont think

i paied 4500k for my saph,,,,, just to give a idea what a average saph is worth
Old 13-10-2007, 01:03 PM
CDZ1609

(this is directed at the second comment) i'm glad you have placed the post to be honest as you are a prime example of what sort of person i wouldnt even let sit in my car let alone test drive it , i have no 'criteria' other than 'not a twat'... i don't care if a one legged ginger dwarf wants the car as long as they cherish it , as for the money thing obviously im not going to give it away but if someone decent and not opinionated-yeah like you...comes along and likes the car then i would drop my price , i'd rather put the car into a crusher and turn it into a coffee table than sell it to twat , ...and isnt it obvious why i wrote 'may need a respray' ??? because it may need a respray and any normal person might expect and respect a bit of honesty instead of turning up after possibly a very long journey to find it does indeed need a good clean or a respray!!!
ITS CALLED B-E-I-N-G H-O-N-E-S-T...
oh yeah and i don't suppose people are fussed if you like the look of cozi plates or not, they do look good on the car you are the only person EVER to have said they look shite, i think your comments say more about you than my car don't you???

oh and i'm soooooooo glad you put that last comment saying you are reasonably qualified because you'd spent proper money on cosworths...
if you had made the right choices on these previous cosworths why are you still looking for another??? oh yes because you are qualified and i bet when you fart it smells like the body shop yeh??? lol
Old 13-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ill reply for shings,,,, he sold hes cossie to go back into education and make more of a life for himself

as for not letting someone in your car,,,, yesturday i was driving a masarati cause my car was having a MOT done and the day before i was driving a CLK

so no offence but the offer of sitting in a 1980's ford sierra for the same price as a evo,,,, well i think ill pass

which it prob why id never buy another cossie,,,,, and thats when i think about spending 5k on one

7500 quid for a car that needs work,,,, YOUR DREAMING !!!

the plate,,,, right you tell me if YOU paied more than 600 notes for that plate,then tell me how its now worth 2k

i paied 1500 quid for my plate and i doubt its worth that now
Old 13-10-2007, 01:10 PM
CDZ1609

to ginge...too many spares to mention matey basicly tons of outside and inside mint parts you would need a transit to move them basically-they are in a heated storage unit not just chucked in a garage to rot as wel so they are clean and mint- the reason i dont want to sell it separately is the jaunt to the store and the car plus parts are a bagain for an enthusiast, ive put the other parts on, new gearbox and exhaust plus a new alarm, no rot just flew thru MOT, the show it won wasnt 2 years- where did i write that?
hope that helps...
Old 13-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey .. you asked and someone said.

if you are having issues with addding pictures then email them to me and i will put them up for you...
Old 13-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry but your dreaming with the price,,,sell the spares if you got em as anyone who buys a car wont want spares nor may not have the room,,,,, i say this cause i got a spare cossie engine, ecu,turbo blah blah blah from my old cossie that i should either sell or bin

if i bought another car i dont want spares to remind me what can happen

ps: shings is one of the more decent blokes on this site,,, hes not a moron and its a true car person and aint a a dreamer either
Old 13-10-2007, 01:17 PM
CDZ1609

relate it was a valuation from a company in the back of auto trader, they couldnt trace another similar plate, as for the car price i put a between price for the lot (bits etc etc) which i thought was reasonable,
i'm not dreaming because i want a decent price but i think finding a decent person is going to be a challenge! lol, i'd like to post pics so people can judge it but my pc still wont load them onto the site, please no more emails telling me how i'm getting someone to check out my pc next week, three of us can't be wrong!
Old 13-10-2007, 01:18 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

1989 2wd saff, that needs a respray for 7k

dream on
Old 13-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by gingeRS

dream on
are you aware you also got a cossie forsale........ maybe you should have a look at the post you done also
Old 13-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

and its 7500
Old 13-10-2007, 01:21 PM
CDZ1609

NOT JUST THE CAR!!! PLEASE LISTEN...SPARES, AS IN LOADS OF... PLEASE READS ALL POSTS BEFORE POSTING...YIKES!
Old 13-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

thats the thing though

rory has posted up what everyone else has seen

7500k for a 1989 cossie needing work,,,,,, the rest is just letters
Old 13-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CDZ1609
(this is directed at the second comment) i'm glad you have placed the post to be honest as you are a prime example of what sort of person i wouldnt even let sit in my car let alone test drive it , i have no 'criteria' other than 'not a twat'... i don't care if a one legged ginger dwarf wants the car as long as they cherish it , as for the money thing obviously im not going to give it away but if someone decent and not opinionated-yeah like you...comes along and likes the car then i would drop my price , i'd rather put the car into a crusher and turn it into a coffee table than sell it to twat , ...and isnt it obvious why i wrote 'may need a respray' ??? because it may need a respray and any normal person might expect and respect a bit of honesty instead of turning up after possibly a very long journey to find it does indeed need a good clean or a respray!!!
oh yeah and i don't suppose people are fussed if you like the look of cozi plates or not, they do look good on the car you are the only person EVER to have said they look shite, i think your comments say more about you than my car don't you???

oh and i'm soooooooo glad you put that last comment saying you are reasonably qualified because you'd spent proper money on cosworths...
if you had made the right choices on these previous cosworths why are you still looking for another??? oh yes because you are qualified and i bet when you fart it smells like the body shop yeh??? lol

I'm not looking for a cosworth MUPPET!!!!!!

I did make the right choices with my cars- first one got sold to a good friend of mine who still has the car 2years later and posts on here...

You'll note it also has a "private" plate on it which is prob worth about 4k going by your valuations.

The second one was sold to a guy off here without me even having to advertise it as the car was very well known and I beat a que of people to it first time around... and as Ginge has said I sold it to go back into education.

For your information you can be happy in the knowledge this car did not need a respray, had a massive spec and 430bhp and was 8k. Probably would have been a bit more expensive with a CDZ number plate on it though- John obviously got a bargain!

Can I just also add the following few points.
If you don't think you're going to like the answers to the questions you ask. DONT FUCKING ASK THEM!!!

And as we're getting personal ( the comment about my smelly farts )
I note in your profile- it says you are a writer thats just scary looking at your writing style.

So in summary...

Jake
Old 13-10-2007, 01:25 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
Originally Posted by gingeRS

dream on
are you aware you also got a cossie forsale........ maybe you should have a look at the post you done also
yeah is spose £6k for a late spec 1992 saff that doesnt need paint is asking too much

Old 13-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

yes im afraid to say,,,,, but then someone will buy it as it IS a nice car,,, just may take a while,,,,, oh you already know that now
Old 13-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just to add as well... both Rich (white 4x4) and John (Moonstone 2wd) were really nice lads.

Lucky really or I probably wouldn't have sold the car to them if they displayed any chavy tendancies.

Old 13-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

shings you would have sold the cars to bin larden
Old 13-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
shings you would have sold the cars to bin larden

No I wouldn't have- he's not a nice person- or so I hear anyway.
Old 13-10-2007, 01:32 PM
THEYGOTMETOO
CUNT!

Location: BLUE PILL or RED PILL ... All I offer is the truth, nothing more, nothing less. You choose.

i'm not dreaming because i want a decent price but i think finding a decent person is going to be a challenge!
As already said; sell the parts and plate separately.

The car; Its only an old Cosworth, if I were you I wouldn't get too emotional about who it goes to, once its gone its up to them what they do with it isn't it? Anyway chances are whoever gets it will probably write it off or break it for spares. Just sell it to whoever comes up with the money.

The price .... ROFL at £6k or more for an old Sapph in need or a respray! Has the possibility that all the messers who have turned up to view it have thought something similar of you?

If its of any use to you i'll offer you £2.5k for the car?
Old 13-10-2007, 01:33 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

well i only paid 8k fo my saph and it got loads of gear, very very clean metal and paint, big brakes , nearly 500 hp bla bla bla

price is to high
Old 13-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by THEYGOTMETOO
i'm not dreaming because i want a decent price but i think finding a decent person is going to be a challenge!
As already said; sell the parts and plates separately.

The car; Its only an old Cosworth, if I were you I wouldn't get too emotional about who it goes to, once its gone its up to them what they do with it isn't it? Anyway chances are whoever gets it will probably write it off or break it for spares. Just sell it to whoever comes up with the money.

The price .... ROFL at £6k or more for an old Sapph in need or a respray! Has the possibility that all the messers who have turned up to view it have thought something similar of you?

If its of any use to you i'll offer you £2.5k for the car?

I am afraid the picture in your avatar clearly shows you are a muppet.

NO SALE
Old 13-10-2007, 01:40 PM
CDZ1609

well, shings k15 is maybe a cherished plate not private, private doesnt reveal age, and yes i was pressuming you were looking for a cossie because it was written at the bottom of the post, as for education and ability to write i'm not on here to be a bit*h i'm on here to ask questions and talk about cars not spam people to death, i'm just not on here for that whatever you think of me, my car or whatever..., i still don't get why if the first cossie was so great you did'nt just keep it???
Old 13-10-2007, 01:46 PM
CDZ1609

is it really worth answering your jibes??? i think not because you are clearly on here to try and feel adequate...nuff said really apart from if i were as capable as being as bit*hy as you i'd carry on but its a pointless waste of my time unless you come up with something new and worth reading
Old 13-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well, shings k15 is maybe a cherished plate not private, private doesnt reveal age, and yes i was pressuming you were looking for a cossie because it was written at the bottom of the post, as for education and ability to write i'm not on here to be a bit*h i'm on here to ask questions and talk about cars not spam people to death, i'm just not on here for that whatever you think of me, my car or whatever..., i still don't get why if the first cossie was so great you did'nt just keep it???

4x4 and too slow.
Any more questions???

I dont count an irish plate as private either- its not exactly important to hide the age of a 15 year old car is it?

And if your not here to spam or bitch you're not doing a very good job.

You asked why selling a cosworth is so difficult.

Its not... you method of selling your car is not exactly the greatest.

Thats the response you got in a realtivly constructive way.

And what I still dont get is why you havent put some pictures up of your car in your adverts OR even reposted the advert taking on board the issues several people have raised - with pictures and without a million smileys which just make the advert hard reading.

I am off to watch the football now in a Chav football hooligan stylee...

is it really worth answering your jibes??? i think not because you are clearly on here to try and feel adequate...nuff said really apart from if i were as capable as being as bit*hy as you i'd carry on but its a pointless waste of my time unless you come up with something new and worth reading

Nope sorry - I am all out of worth while posts.. I've used them up on worthwhile threads..

Have another one of these

Old 13-10-2007, 01:54 PM
rs_daz
PassionFord Post Troll

Its a buyers market at the moment with some smart cars for lil cash available.. Not many people wanna spend that sort of cash on a old saff.

Get it on rsoc / Pistonheads for sale sort the pics out and you might be lucky..
Old 13-10-2007, 02:51 PM
dave green
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i enjoyed reading that,

dave,
Old 13-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Its a buyers market at the moment

If I had a pound for every time I've heard that

Don't get too emotional ...its just a car!

Cant see how on earth that plates worth £2k Maybe £250 tops I've got a few dateless English plates with 3 numbers, three letters and there not even worth £2k. Irish ones look wank IMO
Old 13-10-2007, 03:09 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ROFL would not let sit in the car. I bought Jakes old Moonstone saph and can say it is one of the nicest around IMO, DOES NOT need a respray and has all the right bits. Good cars sell shitters don't.
Old 13-10-2007, 03:14 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

CDZ1609

first you ask a question about selling cosworths on the biggest Ford forum and when you get peoples opinions who know what they are talking about you get all defensive

everything people have said is correct and is the reason you cant shift the cosworth.

7k for a cossie that needs a respray you will not get any cossie enthusiasts enquiring because unfortunatly they know what they are loking for.

And who cares what the new owner does with it? he paid for it and you got your money! its his car now.

you could sell it to someone who's gonna wank over it eveyday but theres nothing saying he cant end up crashing it.
Old 13-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

there are 2 ginges
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited by Ryan_3; 07-09-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 13-10-2007, 03:31 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What a strange thread and attitude to have. Your not re-homing a dog, your selling a car so whats it matter who you sell it too if you get the money in your hand? Would you sell it to me for your asking price if i was going to strip it and crush the rest? If not i find that really strange and bizarre. Your probably never going to see the car agin so who cares.

Anyway, i personally would not buy one for £7500 that 'needed a respray'. It suggests that the car is not in good shape.

As said, sell the '£2k plate' and the £2000 worth of parts and put the car up for £3500, job done. At least sell the parts and lower the price to £5500 as your obviously struggling to sell it. If i was buying one, spares would be irrelevant to me as id just buy bits when i needed them as im sure most would/do.
Old 13-10-2007, 03:35 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry m8 but it is overpriced and by the way cdz1 plates look shite .
Old 13-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

well, shings k15 is maybe a cherished plate not private, private doesnt reveal age,
what a load of old bollox,,, yours is a fucking irish plate !!!

private plates are plates that where NEVER registered to vehicles and sold seperate from dvla

yours is a irish plate,,,,,, there the CHEEPEST plates to buy !!!

start from 75 quid

a proper private plate is one that the ENTIRE plate means something

3 letters and anything else looks tacky to me and cheep

but im gonna say that aint i
Old 13-10-2007, 03:54 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.r4v.co.uk/apps/run.cgi?re...age=mainsearch

CDZ149 £799.....

Imo noone with £7500 will want a £5500 car and £2000 of spares with it... EVER.
Old 13-10-2007, 03:54 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Theres a CDZ1** plate on regtransfers now for £995 to give you an idea of value mate, so yours is probably worth a few hundred quid less than that at least in my opinion. Im not a fan of irish plates though personally.
Old 13-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

steve you plate was a good example of a private plate

Quick Reply: SELLING COSWORTHS WTF!!! PEOPLE ARE MAD!