General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Migranes

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 6 year old son suffers from awful migrain and was found to be dairy products that sets them off especially cheese
Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting reading....

i seem to get them when i have eaten a lot of cheese the day/night before.

i wake up and my sight seems blurred,like i need to blink and it will go away but it doesnt.then the pain will start over whichever eye is blurred and sometimes i get tingling sensation in my lip/mouth.

at first i put it down to spending far too much time on the computer and eye strain,also stress.

not had one for a few wekks so ill get some tablets in.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:44 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Reading everyones stories I feel I got off lightly, only ever had two of the most painful headaches ever in my teens that paracetamol didn't touch, eventually making me throw up the sleep and then they were gone - I hope I never experience one again

Z
Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

She's been for scans and all kinds, but cant find any real triggers. It's hereditary apparently.

been told the same after going to docs about migranes
mum gets them a lot....every few days...

i seem to get them if smoke more than a usual amount
dont know if thats a contributing factor, or just coincidence

carl
Old 12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

I suffer from them but its orange that triggers them off, I just dont have it anymore or anything with orange taste! shame as I like it but I rarely get them now since I've been doing that, I've had both eye's go into tunnel vision loosing site of everything other than what was directly in front of me.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
SRCMAN
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I get a sudden burst of rage like I want to kill someone, then it twats me full on at the front of my head. My vision goes all blurry and then i wanna go asleep. They don't really upset my stomach as much. Maybe I am lucky with the lack of nausea.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:48 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can remember my first migraine, and i fuckin hated it

16 yo stuck in Hunts Cross (Speke Liverpool) in 1997 with a blinder of a headache, thought i just had a rough nights sleep (burning candle at both ends)

then i never had another till i was around 20 in which i had a cheese butty (mature chedder really strong taste) and around 1/2 hour later i had a Mars bar, fook me i thought some one was battering me as the headache, blindspots in left eye, stars in right were a killer

had a few per year but try and cut out and chocolate eating when having any other dairy products.

Fresh air helps me with my eyes closed. since working nights for the past 6 months i am feeling the pressure from the staying up at night etc but i am controlling it with drinking 2 litres of water a night. 3 am is when i want to keel over due to the messed up sleep pattern i have.
Old 13-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

wirralphil

Actually Phil, you're doing the right thing by drinking a lot of water. Without going into too much detail, I am currently undergoing hospital treatment where one of the main side effects is headaches [not migraines]. I was told before treatment started to drink at least 5 pints of fluid a day, more if I could manage it and that would help keep the headaches at bay.